NEWS

Ghostwalker

• 136 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <06-08-12/2136:51> »
That's why I like MAX Nick Fury.  He does something for those three hours.

Hookers.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #31 on: <06-10-12/1032:40> »
CanRay came back with him, obviously.
No, I showed up a bit earlier.
Very concerning that.  First time Master Shedim, second time Canray...  a very concerning trend... ;)
What, you want me to add myself into the books like Bull did?  ;D

I thought someone else added Bull into canon. Also, I'd love to see a CanRay Jackpointer. There aren't enough self-depreciating smart-asses on Jackpoint. Of course, I'm the sicko that wants dragons to start yammering in the fluff of the sourcebooks again.

Seriously, in the previous editions, I was disappointed if Unkle Dunkie didn't get a word or fifty in a sourcebook.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #32 on: <06-10-12/1041:22> »
I agree. Some of the most memorable parts of the old books was having Big "D", Laughing Man, Orange Queen, Wordsmyth, and the others chatting and dropping hints that the world was more complicated than people really believed.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #33 on: <06-10-12/1119:45> »
I thought someone else added Bull into canon. Also, I'd love to see a CanRay Jackpointer. There aren't enough self-depreciating smart-asses on Jackpoint. Of course, I'm the sicko that wants dragons to start yammering in the fluff of the sourcebooks again.
Someone else did add Bull into Canon.  I'm just poking the Bull for fun.  It's the extreme sport of Freelancers.  ;D

You won't see CanRay listed on the JackPoint.  I can tell you that.  I can work through the characters already there.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <06-10-12/1550:11> »
Heck, Slamm-O! is close enough to count. :)

Patrick Goodman, James Miers, and Bull all got added into canon LONG before being part of theompany. Some won contests, others were just long time chatters from Usenet, before the 'real' Internet was around, or knew the writers from the convention scene and got a small nod as a thank you.

So, not author-insertions. (Andmost are now dead. D'oh! So much for immortality!)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #35 on: <06-10-12/1708:50> »
I'm still saying "Show me the body" for !Shadowrun Patrick Goodman.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <06-10-12/2258:35> »
What, you want to look at dead bodies now?

Ewwww!  Next you'll wanna poke 'em with a stick!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #37 on: <06-10-12/2349:00> »
What, you want to look at dead bodies now?

Ewwww!  Next you'll wanna poke 'em with a stick!
Examine them for signs of being a flash-cloned body, actually.  Faking a death has gotten easier in some ways...  And with the right warning and resources, which the owner of a firearms company would have, he could have done just that.

Don't forget that people are going after certain folks who won the "Dragon Lotto" that is Dunkie's Will!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <06-11-12/0120:32> »
Someone else did add Bull into Canon.  I'm just poking the Bull for fun.  It's the extreme sport of Freelancers.  ;D

You won't see CanRay listed on the JackPoint.  I can tell you that.  I can work through the characters already there.

Aww, and I wanted to see how the canon Fastjack would react to your antics.  :'(
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #39 on: <06-11-12/0929:20> »
I'm still saying "Show me the body" for !Shadowrun Patrick Goodman.
SOTA64. There was, in fact, a body discovered.
Examine them for signs of being a flash-cloned body, actually.  Faking a death has gotten easier in some ways...  And with the right warning and resources, which the owner of a firearms company would have, he could have done just that.
Resources he had. Inclination and time...not so much.
« Last Edit: <06-11-12/0932:08> by Patrick Goodman »
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Bira

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <06-12-12/1114:30> »
I see the end of Artifacts Unbound as an excellent opportunity to get rid of Ghostwalker for good. Just say he doesn't come back from that rift. Never did like the guy much, as he seems to fit the classical definition of a Mary Sue. He's this invincible character that suddenly arrives, has everyone's attention,  and is somehow better than the existing heavy hitters at everything they can do. The person who created him is on record as saying he has to hold himself back when talking about Ghostwalker or he'll end up gushing about him endlessly, so that's the last nail in the Mary Sue coffin :).

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #41 on: <06-12-12/1255:50> »
Hear Hear  :-\

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #42 on: <06-12-12/1440:52> »
The person who created him is on record as saying he has to hold himself back when talking about Ghostwalker or he'll end up gushing about him endlessly, so that's the last nail in the Mary Sue coffin :).
The person who created Ghostwalker hasn't written for Shadowrun for a very, very long time. Care to provide a source for your assertion?
« Last Edit: <06-12-12/1446:52> by Patrick Goodman »
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #43 on: <06-12-12/1444:41> »
Except the classical definition of a Mary Sue is that the Mary Sue is a major protagonist in the story. Ghostwalker comes in, puts the smack down on people, and then sits back and rules Denver. Other than that, you hadn't really heard much from him for a solid decade before the Artifacts business started up, besides a couple imperial decrees or 'suggestions' about getting the PCC to up the protection on the Denver Data Haven to keep people from grabbing the technomancers there, or letting the smugglers know that while he didn't mind Tempo going through his city, if it ended up in his city, he would be annoyed.

Think about it. Since the Year of the Comet, what has Ghostwalker been a major player in that wouldn't be expected of the kind of role a great dragon would have? Hell, if you want a dragon who's always messing around in other people's affairs, you're better off looking at Lofwyr or Hestaby.

And Icewing has always been a badass. Even back in the Earthdawn days, he was regarded as one of the most powerful great dragons, having the greatest knowledge of spirits and such. He was one of the primary creators of the first Drakes, which is how he got the name Doll-Maker. About the only great dragons who had more magical knowledge than him were Mountainshadow and (possibly) Vasdenjas.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #44 on: <06-12-12/1644:21> »
Ah, people don't like him because if they muck around in Denver too much, there is a chance of becoming dragon chow. But, seriously, just stay off the scopes in Denver, and you have less of a chance of randomly running into him than you do of accidentally bumping into any other dragon. Besides, Denver sucks to run in. Too many national borders to worry about, and subtle law changes you have to keep track of. Not to mention running around with that many fake ID's, at least three for each nation, just in case, and it becomes a huge charlie foxtrot to run properly. Best to just visit, and get out quick. So, really, no reason to stick around and rankle the big dragon when he comes back. And there are easier places to run, for more money, with less serious competition.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."