NEWS

Why are their no dragons in Egypt?

• 131 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <06-14-11/1214:29> »
Actually....that would be Aztlan and the Big 'V' (we do not speak the name) that hunts dragons

Unclear, since the 'You-Know-Who' reference was connected to Booryazmei, the dragon (adult, as far as is known) in Russia - known to the dragon/IE community as Wild Child.  See Shadows of Asia, pg 144.

I also have to wonder if the Big 'V' was connected to that whackjob bunch of dragon hunters, and if they were in turn being hunted by Sirrurg.  Which would put a different spin on his pre-war atrocities.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <06-14-11/1253:21> »
The Passions are still around, but without avid followers they are pretty weak.  It's kind of a symbiotic relationship with Passions:  Passions spring forth from a set of metahuman emotions/impulses, metahumans emulate Passions to gain power, Passions gain power from emulation/worship, metahumans emulating Passions gain greater power...and so on.  Without active emulation/worship, the Passions weaken and wither away.
That good, ol' time religion is coming back, however!

One of my characters in my fanfic is an Ásatrú.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <06-14-11/1629:16> »
Actually....that would be Aztlan and the Big 'V' (we do not speak the name) that hunts dragons

Unclear, since the 'You-Know-Who' reference was connected to Booryazmei, the dragon (adult, as far as is known) in Russia - known to the dragon/IE community as Wild Child.  See Shadows of Asia, pg 144.

I also have to wonder if the Big 'V' was connected to that whackjob bunch of dragon hunters, and if they were in turn being hunted by Sirrurg.  Which would put a different spin on his pre-war atrocities.

hadn't considered that possability, but considering it's pretty much implied he's running Azltan....
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <06-15-11/0258:47> »

hadn't considered that possability, but considering it's pretty much implied he's running Azltan....

HE can't be because the mana level isn't high enough yet - but yeah, there are apparently disciples or some such involved with Azzie.  I was curious and confused by the reference to Oscuro (of Harlequin's Back) being regarded as short-sighted.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #19 on: <06-15-11/0449:40> »
The Passions are still around, but without avid followers they are pretty weak.  It's kind of a symbiotic relationship with Passions:  Passions spring forth from a set of metahuman emotions/impulses, metahumans emulate Passions to gain power, Passions gain power from emulation/worship, metahumans emulating Passions gain greater power...and so on.  Without active emulation/worship, the Passions weaken and wither away.
That good, ol' time religion is coming back, however!

Must be getting a whole lot of flack thanks to Winternight.

Btw, are there not a set of mentor spirits (heh, called them totems at first. Old habits die hard) that could look like low grade passions?
« Last Edit: <06-15-11/0452:32> by hobgoblin »
Want to see my flash new jacket?

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <06-15-11/0842:47> »
Actually I'm thinking the network of Tocalli (sp?)  while not allowing him to be awake, let's him send emminations to his minions (The Smoking Mirror). He might actually be awake but unable to crossover, or awaken but too weak to move. well, Much anyway.

Considering how hard it is to get information out of Aztlan, things could be considerably worse than even the Big D thought.

And for those with a nasty disposition, ask if there are photos of homeless in Aztlan that pop-up often. Or think of an ulterior reason why Aztechnology might be offering help to homeless shelters and free transport for those needing job training...
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <06-15-11/1140:47> »
Must be getting a whole lot of flack thanks to Winternight.
He takes it about as well as a good Christian might take being compared to the Westboro Baptist Church.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <06-15-11/1306:35> »
Ouch.  I hope he stays cool.

although Asatru was practised outside of Winternight for years before Winternight came out swinging (no, I don't mean like that - get your minds out of the gutter) . . . I would hope that most people don't think that following one means following the other.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <06-15-11/1343:49> »
He's a little touched in the head since his newly pregnant wife's skull was shattered in front of him, and the splinters went into his eyes.

Then the building fell on him.

He used to be "Ice Cold", now is "Black Trenchcoat".  Mostly calm and professional until "The Coats Come Off", then he's a damned fury of rage and carnage incarnate.  He's a few blows to the head away from wearing a wolf pelt and carrying a spear, I sometimes think.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <06-15-11/1723:37> »

although Asatru was practised outside of Winternight for years before Winternight came out swinging (no, I don't mean like that - get your minds out of the gutter) . . . I would hope that most people don't think that following one means following the other.

Oh, no ... No one would overreact in SR. It's not like this is a game where because a handful of terrorists almost started World War 3 that the U.S. put a million Indians in camps.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #25 on: <06-15-11/2104:52> »
Oh, no ... No one would overreact in SR. It's not like this is a game where because a handful of terrorists almost started World War 3 that the U.S. put a million Indians in camps.
Humanis Policlub and Sons of Sauron?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <06-16-11/0533:03> »
He's a little touched in the head since his newly pregnant wife's skull was shattered in front of him, and the splinters went into his eyes.

Yeesh . . . my character's other half and our kids had a mondo major fire elemental sicced on her, in a 'safe house' . . . my character was just about to enter at the time.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #27 on: <06-16-11/0604:03> »
Humanis Policlub and Sons of Sauron?
Eh?
No, the Indian ones with the Lone Eagle Incident o.O
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <06-16-11/1159:29> »
Put in camps by the U.S. gov.

It's not like they haven't done that before.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <06-16-11/1240:17> »
Speaking of, it appears some of the IEs & GDs were quite put out by the Great Ghost Dance.  At least one of them wanted to find out how Howling Coyote learnt the ritual. Plus the whole Spike Point business, apparently a classic Unintended Consequence.  At least Harlequin sorted that out.

Come to that, is Howling Coyote confirmed as deceased?  And what's happened with the search for the site of the Great Ghost Dance, that some very powerful people didn't want to succeed? 

Also, Man-of-Many-Names once made a comment that a lot of old Dancers choose to go out a particular way. Can't place the reference.