NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

PingGuy

• Newb
« Reply #345 on: <09-12-18/1214:21> »
Making the upper end of pilot upgrades take up mod points in addition to their exorbitant ¥ costs would indeed be rough.

That said, PingGuy, you seem to have a couple of things just a little bit mixed up.

Sensor locks don't add dice to your attack roll. What it does is apply a penalty to the target's defense equal to net hits on the E-War / Perception + Int [Sensors] vs Sneaking + Agi (if vs meatbags), Evasion + Pilot (if vs autopilots), or Piloting + Rea (if vs controlled vehicles).

2 reasons why this is important:
- Not adding to your attack means it doesn't stack with your edge use
- Since it's resisted, you won't even keep your statistical average, nevermind a full 6.

The other thing is that while autopilots need smartsoft, all the operator should need is smartlink in the drone's sensors to benefit (though this is probably limited to +1 since there's no essence involved.)

Isn't that just the passive targeting bonus?  I thought the active targeting option worked differently?  The book seemed to say you could use one or the other.

As far as the Smartlink and the Sensors, I've definitely been confused about how sensors on drones work.  Can you install specific sensors in the drone using the sensor rating as the capacity?  Due to the complexity, I've only been building drones in Chummer using the R5 mod rules.  There is probably a way to install the sensors in there but I hadn't found it yet.  Will have to play with that more.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #346 on: <09-12-18/1325:30> »
Manual gunnery, without sensors, is a basic Gunnery + Agility [Accuracy] vs. Reaction + Intuition Opposed Test.

Passive targeting replaces the weapon's accuracy rating with sensor rating, and Agility with Logic, for a Gunnery + Logic [Sensors] Test.

Active targeting requires a Sensor Test (Simple Action) first, then the net hits are a penalty to the target's defense tests.

See SR5 p.184.

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #347 on: <09-12-18/1418:50> »
You seem to have that confused with passive  sensors, which actually just replace the limit of [Accuracy] with [Sensor].
No other dicepool benefit there at all.

You can choose which sensor functions go in a sensor array. Every array has 8 separate-but-connected sensors, and each sensor rating = the array's rating. The drone's Sensor attribute also = this rating.
Some of these sensor functions, namely imaging and audio devices, have available capacity (= to rating) that you can fill with enhancements, like smartlink, thermographic vision, or spatial recognizer.

(Hint: There's no rule against a sensor array with 4 cameras, 3 types of microphones, and an ultrasound all together at the same time.)

- Now, the sensor sections are kinda wonky, so expect some GM Fiat for the other specifics, like how only upgrading a single sensor interacts with Mod Points, what the standard array is for drones, and how much it costs to customize it while initially buying the drone. 'Cuz afaik, none  of that is stated in the books.

Edit: Oh, btw, you know you can click "Modify " to edit your posts, right? There's no need to make posts one-after-another all about the same thing when you can just add it all to your earlier comment.

EDIT 2:
OH! I just realized what you must've actually been thinking of for bonus dice from targeting!
-  The Target Device  Matrix action.  E-War + Logic [Data Proc] vs Willpower + Firewall.  Net hits apply a bonus to shoot at that device for all guns / drones slaved to your RCC.

(added here 'cuz we've been off-topic for too many comments already)
« Last Edit: <09-14-18/1426:50> by HP15BS »
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

PingGuy

• Newb
« Reply #348 on: <09-12-18/1510:20> »
I guess I need to reread page 184 again.  I did the night before I made these posts, but must have remembered wrong.

The clarification on installed sensors is helpful though, thank you.

Honestly in all the years I've posted on forums, I've never considered editing a previous post to respond to a reply.  That would seem more confusing.  Scratch that, I get it now.  Although I do admit that making a bunch of non-errata related posts in an errata thread does feel wrong to me.  Since my original post was a comment on an errata decision it's not totally out of line, but it's getting pretty off-topic with all my questions, so I'll drop it.

Thanks for all the help.
« Last Edit: <09-12-18/1902:29> by PingGuy »

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #349 on: <10-07-18/0125:03> »
Found another oddity on page 124.

The drone weapon mounts list the mod points, availability, and weapon types allowed by each size, but none of them have a price listed. The vehicle weapon mount table on page 162 only has Light, Standard, and Heavy weapon mounts listed, so there isn't a good comparison there either.

It seems that you could interpolate from the vehicle table into something like this:

Size             Cost
Micro            500
Mini (Light)    750
Small          1000
Standard    1500
Large         2000
Huge          3000
Heavy        4000

The bolded mounts are pulled from the vehicle table.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #350 on: <10-07-18/0231:09> »
The German version has the price list:

Size             Cost
Micro            500
Mini (Light)    600
Small          750
Standard    1500
Large         2500
Huge          3000
Heavy        4000
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Hephaestus

• Omae
« Reply #351 on: <10-08-18/1359:54> »
@Jack_Spade

Thanks for the info. Any idea when there will be an official errata released for this book?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #352 on: <10-08-18/1445:44> »
Oh, my sweet summer child...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #353 on: <10-08-18/1518:46> »
@Jack_Spade

Thanks for the info. Any idea when there will be an official errata released for this book?
Just keep in mind the German edition occasionally makes up their own fixes, so not guaranteed to match official errata once they arrive.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #354 on: <10-08-18/1542:07> »
I thought there was discussion about this close to when the book was released. An author used a simple formula like size or BP cost times 250 or something.

Hephaestus

• Omae
« Reply #355 on: <10-09-18/2010:25> »
So, the German version is a stop-gap until 20XX when the errata is actually released. Good to know.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #356 on: <10-10-18/0112:31> »
Yup. Just ignore their prices on rare magical ingredients. -_- I am still pissed at their 5e version of Parageology. These things are already a few hundred grand to a few mil per dram, and they still felt the need to multiply by 2.8 because that's how much more expensive Orichalcum became from 4e to 5e. Why? I have no idea, but it's ridiculous.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #357 on: <10-10-18/0636:32> »
Jeez, I almost forgot that the english Version still lacks pricing for Weapon mounts ::)

It´s just bizarr at this point: After patching the Autosoft prices that were missed in the Core Rules into Rigger 5 (yay!), they repeated the same fuckup for drone mounts, which is arguably the most important piece of crunch for the majority of Riggers. People complain about bad editing, but sometimes I´m asking myself: Does CGL even have an Editing Process?

(And if yes, could it be compromised by a mole from, dunno, Games Workshop? :P)