NEWS

Bounty on Toxic Shamans?

• 44 Replies

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #30 on: <11-28-10/2323:03> »
Ahh, was unaware of the fluff comment about the most wanted list. Good to know.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #31 on: <11-28-10/2333:54> »
And in the end it really, just like the "dead or alive" fluff comment, just leaves it open to a GM to interpret however they want to interpret it for their own game.  If they like the idea of the PCs passing up a traditional Shadowrun and, instead, trying to gear up in order to track and hunt down and take out a Blood Mage or Toxic Shaman in order to get big money, he can let them.  If he prefers a more traditional "someone offers you a job, you do it, and you get a cut of the profits," he can do it that way, too, only offering the bounty on certain guys.

It's pretty much a win/win for the GM, and leaves it up to him to set the tone for his game table and still stay within the canon.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <11-29-10/0548:15> »
As for the "hunting" of the blood mages and toxics, I'm taking the "dead or alive" with a BIG grain of salt since a) it's in Shadowtalk, which is never reliable and b) the Will itself says that the targets must be alive. I think the DF will turn down ANY attempt to collect on a dead body since they can't determine if the target was using blood/toxic magic without a living aura. Of course, exceptions would be made for those on the Most Wanted list...
Yeah, the dead ones are after all really bad recruits. ;)
I mean come on i can't be the only one worried about the DF collecting itself a veritable army of blood/toxic mages. 8)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #33 on: <11-29-10/0551:58> »
But... but they're a spawn of Dunkelzahn! Surely they can't be evil!
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #34 on: <11-29-10/0848:06> »
Believe me, Big D wouldnt be making a Blood/Toxic army. He saw what those can do long, long ago. That 'studying' part is for metahumanity - to see what Blood Magic and Toxic Magic leads to. It's as much an discuragement tactics, as a means of reducing their number.
And when the first scientific information leaves DF, we will have an open hunting season forToxics/Bloood mages.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #35 on: <11-29-10/1003:17> »
Sure, Big D wouldn't have. But does anybody know what REALLY goes on behind the doors of the Foundation now that he's gone? Power shifts quickly. And there are bad people everywhere.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #36 on: <11-29-10/1013:45> »
Actually, the Foundation was started AFTER he died, per his will. Nadja seemed a good sort, but since she's been missing after the attempted coup d'etat, power alliances may have shifted. Although Ehran's got a thumb in there with his DIMR position, so he might be able to keep it in the right direction. Something tells me that those on the board at the Draco Foundation have higher morals than your average Corp board member.

Another nice little thing you can toss in to any Shadowrun. When the players are doing legwork, have one of their contacts come back with a "I thought your target's name sounded familiar: (s)he's on DF's Most Wanted!!".

Or better still, have their contact comeback that their Mr. Johnson is the one on the list...

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #37 on: <12-12-10/0908:56> »
Dunkelzahn's will is probably one of the most widely read documents in the sixth world. If you were breathing in 2057 you've probably read at least part of it. If your PC went to school during or after that, then they've probably had to read it.

Dragons of the Sixth World has some info on the bounty and how the DF deals with runners.

For true.
The president, who is a 60-foot-long, millennia-old, magical reptile, gets croaked on the day of his inauguration and his bizarre will gets leaked on the net and you're not going to read it?

It's like the paris hilton sex tape of the 2050s.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #38 on: <12-12-10/0911:08> »
Hey, Big D's will isn't gross.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #39 on: <12-12-10/1105:52> »
Dunkelzahn's will is probably one of the most widely read documents in the sixth world. If you were breathing in 2057 you've probably read at least part of it. If your PC went to school during or after that, then they've probably had to read it.

Dragons of the Sixth World has some info on the bounty and how the DF deals with runners.

For true.
The president, who is a 60-foot-long, millennia-old, magical reptile, gets croaked on the day of his inauguration and his bizarre will gets leaked on the net and you're not going to read it?

It's like the paris hilton sex tape of the 2050s.
Leaked? Hell, no! It was PUBLISHED on Shadowland by DF to make sure everyone saw it.

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #40 on: <12-12-10/1332:52> »
Of course, the flip-side is, how many of the myriad Important, Historical documents / speeches / etc were have you read (or been made to read in school) and how many do you remember with any clarity?

The next five people who can quote MLK's "I Had a Dream" Speech, the Declaration of Independence, and Magna Carta, beginning to end, from memory, please step forward.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #41 on: <12-12-10/1340:02> »
I think you overdid a bit. We're not talking about things like that. Especially since all of those are at least half as long as Dunkelzahn's will.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #42 on: <12-12-10/1404:22> »
The next five people who can quote MLK's "I Had a Dream" Speech, the Declaration of Independence, and Magna Carta, beginning to end, from memory, please step forward.
Sure, show me the "Oh, by the way, if you do this you get a million bucks" clauses of any of those three.  Because that's the part folks are talking about, not reciting Dunkie's will beginning to end (and why from memory, given how easy it is to just read it from your commlink whenever you want to?).

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #43 on: <12-12-10/1457:34> »
I agree with Critias. Even if we can't recite those documents by heart, we do know the content of the speeches and what they stand for.

Now for the spam:

I have a Dream

Declaration of Independence

Magna Carta

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <12-12-10/1846:46> »
Hey, Big D's will isn't gross.
Depends on your POV. There are mandates and effects that are pretty effed up at best. And then there are the RL people named in the will and given an undefined bequest that any GM can use, and has, for anything their mind desires.

For example, some French GM turned me into a rural European troll. I have no qualms about that. But that is relatively tame compared to what could have been done with him/me.
« Last Edit: <12-12-10/2238:03> by Crimsondude »