NEWS

Bounty on Toxic Shamans?

• 44 Replies

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« on: <11-27-10/1321:28> »
I've heard from several people that there is a bounty of a million nuyen on toxic shamans. More to the point, they argue that this is in one of the rule/source books (6WA in particular gets mentioned). I've read through the books that make sense to me and haven't found anything.

Anyone who can verify this claim, or is it purely made up?
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-27-10/1347:25> »
It's from Dunkelzahn's will and it is totally legit provided they are brought in alive. You bring them to the Draco Foundation.

Blood mages, too.

Chaemera

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-27-10/1407:12> »
I don't mean to be a stickler, but do you have a source for that? Book / page number? Would be appreciated.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #3 on: <11-27-10/1407:24> »
Would this info be considered common street knowledge? that is, would every runner know this, or would they need to make a knowledge check?
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Chaemera

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <11-27-10/1413:02> »
Dunno, I'm the GM in my game, and I don't even know the info, so I guess it's pretty uncommon knowledge, at least for my players.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #5 on: <11-27-10/1507:17> »
Well hot damn.  I'm going to have to work this in.  My group hasn't played in a while and a toxie hunt may be the thing to get everyone rolling again.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #6 on: <11-27-10/1535:06> »
Try reading Dunkelzahn's will (on the SR4 page, AFAIR, or in Ancient Files), and Dunkelzahn: Portfolio of a Dragon. There's a lot of neat stuff inside, along with a detailed info on Big D's assasination.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #7 on: <11-27-10/1536:58> »
I'll have to do that. 

And everyone knows the Big D was assassinated by Aquaman.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #8 on: <11-27-10/1540:44> »
As for the Will, it's not common knowledge, but it was announced in public by the Draco Foundation, and it was presented to media. So it's there and available.
And yes, that 1 million nuyen bounty on both Toxic Shamans and Blood Mages is still available. Big D just made their life a lot harder, by opening a hunting season on them. ;P
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #9 on: <11-27-10/1548:37> »
You can also find it here.

Some excerpts
To further encourage an end to the use of blood magic by Aztechnology and other parties, I offer a bounty of 1 million nuyen on any blood mages captured alive and delivered to the Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical Research for the purposes of studying the effects of blood magic use on metahumanity. I further authorize the Draco Foundation to provide suitable rewards for the receipt of verifiable accounts of blood magic use, the rewards to reflect the usefulness of the information provided.

To Helena Rossum, 10 million nuyen and my sincere apologies on the hand Fate has dealt you this time.In order to discourage the proliferation of toxic shamans, I offer a bounty of 1 million nuyen on any toxic shamans captured alive and delivered to the Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical Research for the purposes of studying the effects of toxicity on the physical and astral presence of such shamans, and how they in turn impact the physical and astral world.

Keep in mind that in order to collect that bounty you have to
1. Capture them alive and drop them off at the Institute.
2. Go to the Foundation to collect the bounty. The Foundation is only open on the 3rd of the month.
They'll probably expect little details like a SIN, too.
« Last Edit: <11-27-10/1650:15> by nomadzophiel »

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #10 on: <11-27-10/1550:16> »
Where is the Foundation anyway?

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #11 on: <11-27-10/1556:54> »
Well, on Dumpshock Wiki for starters...
And i don't think they'd bother with SIN for that. :P

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #12 on: <11-27-10/1559:56> »
Yeah, yeah.  "Look it up yourself," I know.  I'm lazy.

But thanks.   ;)

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #13 on: <11-27-10/1603:20> »
Where is the Foundation anyway?
Here's the Seattle branch

As for whether or not they need a SIM, it'd be a GM thing but I'd insist on at least a fake. After all, the legitimate corporation that is the Draco Foundation needs to account for a million nuyen for tax purposes. They've already spent 15 years drawing interest on it.
« Last Edit: <11-27-10/1650:40> by nomadzophiel »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #14 on: <11-27-10/1603:55> »
Well, not really. Dumshock Wiki is a great resource. I found almost everything on Poland there, and a lot of other usefull info.