NEWS

corporate Court and orbital weapons

• 9 Replies

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« on: <10-26-10/1150:24> »
Does anyone know the last time the kinetic kill weapon of theirs that's in orbit was used?

IF I remember right, it was called Thor and used against a non-corp target that vaporized a large part of some coastline, but I forgot (and now need) the details for this campaign that I got roped into running for my table top group.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #1 on: <10-26-10/1209:42> »
Thor shots it was last used on Art Dankwalther after he took apart two corporations and almost crippled Novatech. I can't seem to find the date however.

Edit- 2064
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-26-10/1251:44> »
Thank you.

Player group I got roped into running are pushing epic level trouble, so the Thor is going to be brought online in response to a threat that if they fail to diffuse... well, it's going to get REAL ugly, real fast.

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #3 on: <11-01-10/1457:18> »
In my personal opinion, the Corporate Court IS an orbital weapon. All they have to do is launch their gavels down at high velocity and it's sure to leave a crater a mile wide in some poor schlub's backyard. @=)
Brandie Tarvin
Author / DBA / SR Freelancer
blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.net
Twitter: WannaBeWriter06

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #4 on: <11-07-10/0558:36> »
Thor shots it was last used on Art Dankwalther after he took apart two corporations and almost crippled Novatech. I can't seem to find the date however.

Edit- 2064

Resource???

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #5 on: <11-07-10/0657:49> »
Art first appeared in Dunkie's will (afb atm but I believe it was called Portfolio of a Dragon), after that he showed up in Threats 2 where it gives his backstory the reason he has a grudge against Richard Villiers and how he takes apart an A rated corp I can't remember and Gunderson Corp an AA based in Miami, in System Failure an Omega Order is called out on him and he gets Thor shotted iirc SK pulled he trigger. I believe it happened on Nov. 4th 2 days after Novatech's IPO.

EDIT- Also Corp Guide under Omega Orders and in the Neonet section.
« Last Edit: <11-07-10/0704:52> by Angelone »
la vida no vale nada

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #6 on: <11-13-10/2053:42> »
Ahh, rods from god.  Tungsten, you so crazy.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-25-10/0323:21> »
Thank you.

Player group I got roped into running are pushing epic level trouble, so the Thor is going to be brought online in response to a threat that if they fail to diffuse... well, it's going to get REAL ugly, real fast.
Just so you know there no specific weapon controlled by CC called Thor.
Thor shot is a general name for a tungsten pole dropped from orbit to a ground target and many of the AAA:s(can't remember/sheck which ones are mentioned to have them at the moment)  own satellites with thor shot capapility.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #8 on: <11-25-10/1738:43> »
Ares and SK are the two I can think of off the top of my head.
la vida no vale nada

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <11-26-10/0134:50> »
Since the Azzies have research stations in orbit, guarded by weapon satellites, I doubt they passed the chance to ship some Thungsten crazyness with all the rest up there.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100