NEWS

Unarmed Damage

• 4 Replies

Frost

• Newb
« on: <03-14-18/1601:14> »
So, I'm building a character for a group member who wants a character that primarily deals unarmed damage. He didn't want an adept, so I made a troll with strength 10 and titanium bone lacing. He also has muscle augmentation 3 levels. So strength 10 + 3 more strength for 13 total points of strength, +3 more point of damage for titanium bone lacing. I'm not sure if I missed a rule or not but is that really 16P damage for a hit?

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-18/1614:05> »
Yup. Note however that Titanium Bone Lacing is Availability 16R, and Muscle Augmentation 3 is 15R, which are too high for character creation. You're limited to Availability 12 starting out (see SR5 p.94), unless you take the Restricted Gear quality (Run Faster, p.149) at 10 karma per item.

Frost

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-14-18/1621:45> »
Yeah hes catching a bit of a break and some flexibility involving availability rules. He has been playing the entire time, but didn't like the character type he made initially (aspected ice mage) and kept running up to people to engage them in hand to hand instead. I've got a soft spot for him because he does all the random, off-the-wall, stupid stuff that for some hilarious situations. So he'll be playing a troll that is part of a mercenary/hit squad made of trolls that had access to the higher grade stuff that the rest of the party already has access to. Plus, I can't wait to see what he does with a nearly unstoppable warmachine that can beat you to death with your own arm.

Ogrepot

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-14-18/1634:31> »
You can go for Bone Density augmentation rating 3 (or 4 with some slack as you previously wrote)...
Think of adding a pair of Striking Callus to add another +1 to Unarmed Damage....
I had someone like that in an old team of mine, he also had an Adrenaline Pump (Rating 2 or 3 with the slack) for the extra Berserk flavor....
You end up doing an insane amount of damage (even more if you use the optional rules for Trolls able to use their natural horns with Unarmed Combat.... wicked...

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #4 on: <03-14-18/1707:37> »
Just wait until he picks up one guy, to beat another guy, then throws the first guy through a wall and hits the third guy.... man that was fun. Not even my character....
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?