NEWS

[IC] Prologue: Killdare

• 82 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <11-26-16/1755:00> »
Yeah I'll put someone onto it.  She's got a mess to clean up in Shoreline so she'll be out of her office for a few hours.  You don't need to worry about it.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <12-09-16/0208:17> »
Killdare grabs the cred a little quickly half afraid Gunderson might change his mind.
Thanks. If you need me.. you know where to find me. If that's it for now, I think I'll get back to my drinking and whoring. Well drinking at least.
Killdare pockets the credstick and heads out of the Next Round, hops on his bike and heads back the The Union.

Once at the Union, and looks for Mortimer to fence the guns and coms he picked up off the deaders at the chop shop.

[spoiler]Negotiation: 5d6t5 0
So much for Negotiating.  :-\[/spoiler]

Once that's done he does some reasonably serious drinking. He doesn't get too wasted because Gunderson seems to have a lot of action lately and he want's to be able to make more money if a call comes in.
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <12-11-16/1859:51> »
Mortimer eyes you when you pass over the metalinks.  These things are more or less worthless you know, they are better as spare parts than the trouble to change ownership.  I'll give you 140 for the guns if you toss in the links too, or 210 in credit here if you'd prefer.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <12-12-16/1830:09> »
Tell ya what. Just keep em. Consider it a goodwill gesture. I'm flush right now. Maybe you could locate an Enfield AS-7 for me? Always wanted one of those.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <12-14-16/0854:00> »
I'm not really in the business of finding things for sale.  I find buyers for merchandise I come across.  If I happen to run across one I'll keep you in mind though.  I have a weapons guy but he's pretty skittish about meeting new people.  You work for Gunderson yes?  Maybe he could put in a good word for you.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <12-15-16/0510:09> »
Well.. if someone drops one on your table.. let me know.
Meanwhile I think I'll have a drink.. or three.

Killdare leaves Mortimer to his business and heads over to the bar.
Set 'em up.
Killdare checks his pockets to see what's on the menu for a pharmaceutical chaser, then thinks better of it having taken what is probably enough drugs in the past few days.
He limits himself to drinking, and settles in to do to plenty of it.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <12-15-16/2135:41> »
Mortimer watches as you go then gets back to his AR.  When you order your first shot the bartender pours it then sets the bottle down in front of you.  Mortimer says thanks, she says.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <12-15-16/2313:00> »
Killdare turns and gives Mortimer a nod and starts to work on the task of finishing off the bottle.
Pour yourself a shot, he says to the bartender.
He figures he plans on spending a lot of time here. Might as well make friends with the staff.
As Killdare nurses the bottle through the night he tries to take stock of the goings on at the Union. Who is hanging around and what sort of business is being conducted.
Never know what might turn out to be useful. Or profitable.

When morning rolls around (or the Union closes) Killdare heads back to his flop to finally get some well needed rest.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <12-18-16/2128:37> »
Mortimer appears to be distracted by AR but shrugs at you when you nod but keeps at whatever he's is doing.

Thanks babe, says the bartender.  She pours her self a shot and knocks it back leaning back far enough that the cut off white shirt she's wearing gives you a nice shot of under-boob.  She slams the glass down in front of you with a wink and slides it down the bar and pops it into a rinse as she assists another patron.  You chit chat with the bar tenders who introduce themselves as Katy and Mary.  They are friendly enough but you see them lay it on thick for some of the other patrons working for their tips.  Hey everybody's gotta eat right?

You see a few small time deals go down.  You think you've ID'd a dealer and a small courier business running out of the place but nothing you haven't seen before.  Mortimer seems to do a brisk business as well, most taking credit for their goods.  You get propositioned a few times after you've been there a while, but one of the girls sit down next to you and tries to strike up a conversation.

So are you shy or are you just more interested in your bottle?

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <12-26-16/2216:28> »
Well.. this bottle IS pretty interesting.
Killdare tries to think back to the last time he had a woman. He takes stock of his blood toxin level, not wanting to embarrass himself.
Figuring he's not that drunk, nor has he taken any illicit substances.. yet.
But I'm guessing you are pretty interesting too. Care to join me?

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <12-27-16/0244:06> »
Sure I can stay for a while.  You celebrating or something?

Katy wordlessly adds another glass to your collection but the girl doesn't seem to notice.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <12-27-16/2133:51> »
Celebratin'? I don't know about that. Just finished a job and got a little nuyen burin' a hole. Had a lot of work lately.
Killdare becomes a little thoughtful.
You know I trained to be a doctor. Can you believe that? But now it seems like a spend more time hurtin' people than I do helpin' em.
Eh. I don't know why I'm telling you. Guess its 'cause you sittin' here.

Killdare downs his glass and pours another.
« Last Edit: <12-28-16/0206:50> by Overbyte »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <12-29-16/2056:38> »
You working for Morty?  I didn't know he gave out jobs.  Morty's good people.  I'm sure if he's gotcha hurtin' people they probably had it coming.  So people need a little hurting if ya ask me.

You notice her glass is still empty.  She doesn't seem to notice it however.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <12-30-16/1645:17> »
Nah. I've been doing the odd job for a guy Morty knows. I just found out about this place from him. I kinda like it here though. It's nicer than the places I was hanging out before. And you are definitely right. Those guys had it coming. But still.
Killdare jams down another shot.
You not drinkin'?
Killdare pours himself another and holds the bottle over the other glass.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <12-30-16/2117:09> »
She looks at the glass surprised if it's an act she's damn good at it.  Sure!  If you're pouring.

I guess that makes more sense.  Can't talk about the jobs i guess.  Doctor patient privilege and all that?  So you think about becoming a regular here then?  Most of the regulars don't come until dark at least.  I'll introduce ya if you're still conscious by then.