NEWS

Corporate Intrigue as PDF

• 5 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« on: <04-10-11/0827:40> »
I got a notification during the week from Amazon that Corporate Intrigue would be released on April 13.  However there's no sign of it being available from DriveThruRPG.  It seems odd because Attitude is available as PDF some 4 weeks ahead of its print release.

Have I just missed something?

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #1 on: <04-10-11/1204:15> »
Amazon doesn't always base their release dates on actual verified publisher data.

Whenever they know a product is coming out, but don't have a firm date from the publisher, they usually make a best estimate based on whatever they can figure out. Sometimes this is a complete wild guess on their part.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <04-10-11/1240:10> »
Ah yes, the "We pulled it out of our hoop" system.  Marketing is really good at that kind of stuff.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #3 on: <04-12-11/1134:13> »
Amazon is odd either they never post a release date.  Post an early one that continually moves forward.  After moving it a few times they move it insanely ahead.  Or just  remove the date completely.   It all appears to be pretty random.  Theres a gamer in their scheduling dept and he's using a d100 to determine dates.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-12-11/1258:49> »
Ah, so basically it's the Megadodo Publishing Co. approach . . . that explains a lot  ::)

Wesley Street

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-19-11/0933:25> »
It's not a marketing decision as marketing is handled on the publisher's end. As a product vendor, Amazon doesn't like working with unknowns (it makes customers antsy) and as such makes best guesses as to product availability. Given the fungible nature of RPG publishing the dates are usually wrong.