NEWS

Viability of a Mage with 1s in physical stats?

• 24 Replies

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <07-26-14/0505:44> »
I don't really know. I guess the size or volume of an object matters in this cause.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <07-26-14/1934:11> »
The description says "Improved invisibility mimics the subject's surroundings from all angles", so I don't think it could be used to see through a wall, any more than painting that wall with a ruthenium coating would.  Invisible vehicle, weapons, etc. would work, though.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #17 on: <07-26-14/2320:42> »
Vehicle Mask is in SG. It doesn't render your ride unseen but it does disguise it, and can reduce its signature. It does have limits on size.
Invisible weapons? Not so much, but maybe Alchemy could work?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <07-28-14/0753:59> »
The description says "Improved invisibility mimics the subject's surroundings from all angles", so I don't think it could be used to see through a wall, any more than painting that wall with a ruthenium coating would.  Invisible vehicle, weapons, etc. would work, though.
You are right on that, it means the mage was tricking us all along.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Ursus Maior

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <07-28-14/0800:17> »
Invisibility is very versatile. You can turn a brick wall invisible and cast mana spells through it while being safe. Spellcasting is limited by line of sight, and invisibility lets you to bypass this limit.
Oh... My... God.....
That is a disturbingly cool use of the Invisibility spell!    :o

/scribbles notes for ways to mess w/ GM plans
:o
/scribbles for next session AS a GM. :D
Liber et infractus

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <07-29-14/1257:47> »
Cyberlimbs are not restricted by your weak physical attributes. You can be very combat viable with a machine pistol (or monowhip) wielded by an armored cyberarm with 9 agility. Add in a few used feet and a left hand with 3 armor each plus an armored jacket and you can suddenly take quite a beating even as a mental focused character with 1s in your physical attributes.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <07-29-14/1323:17> »
Aren't there a dozen houserule suggestions to deal precisely with that kind of cyberlimb abuse?

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-29-14/2148:59> »
You don't really need house rules to deal with a mage with cyberlimbs.  He will already suffer Essence loss (and Magic loss) from it.  Cyberlimbs give you a boost right out of the starting gate, and let you be potentially good in combat even if Agility and Strength are your dumpstats, but on the other hand, cyberlimb Attributes don't affect your physical limit, and over the long term, someone with muscle augmentation/toner and/or bone density augmentation will be better overall.

pts

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <07-30-14/0912:32> »
How about using the Magic Fingers spell stats (agi/str) for weapon handling. especially if you use a smartgun system for aiming (so the gun doesn't need alignment to eyes/shoulder etc.) ? If you can pick locks and disarm bombs with that spell, wielding a weapon shouldn't be hard...

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <07-30-14/0918:36> »
Now I see in my mind a mage SO lazy that he doesn't even bother firing his gun on the run  ;D