NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #690 on: <04-10-13/2314:26> »
"It's just that I hope they are not in trouble with something magical they need our help for," Sammy said, before lowering her voice a bit, "and you probably wouldn't know it, but all these autograph hunters become annoying at times.  Luckily I think I've seen most of the village already."
Heron shook his head, lowering his voice as well. "There's worse problems to have, you know. But honestly, I don't see how you deal with all the attention. Doesn't it kindof detract from the kind of 'extra' work we get into? I can't imagine doing the 'high profile runner' thing." He sighed, and said, "But if they are in magical trouble, there is little I could do for them from here besides sending a a spirit to help. Even if I went astral and found them, I couldn't affect the physical world with my spells. And a spirit would simply announce to everyone that a mage is around."
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #691 on: <04-11-13/0136:45> »
"That's where disguises come in," Sammy said, "and it's often quite useful.  Famous people are not suspected of simple crimes for some odd reason.  I've had it a couple of times after a run when there was a police roadblock that they just waved me through, without even checking my car.  Mind you, it doesn't always work, as there are police officers who like showing famous people who's boss.  But all in all I don't complain.  Ah, I think some of our group are returning."

She saw Johny and Sam getting out of the sheriff's car.
"Let's hope they have better news," she added.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #692 on: <04-11-13/1200:16> »
Figuring that he'd gotten about as much from the Sheriff as he could for now, Sam was content to let the conversation flow naturally into idle chit-chat on the drive back to town. As he climbed out of the SUV, a quick glance confirmed that while the two mages were still at the diner, most of the crowd had dissipated, apparently taking the "coarser" members of the team with them. Huh, when did I start thinking of us as a team? he thought to himself.

Turning to the sheriff with a smile, he extended his hand and said, "Yes, John, thanks so much for the tour. You've been very helpful. I'm sure we'll have more to talk about as the production gets moving. Oh, and I don't believe you've gotten a chance to meet our celebrity--would you like me to introduce you to Miss Delavine?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #693 on: <04-11-13/2039:36> »
Heron just shook his head. That whole thing was like a glimpse into a different world. "Crazy." As the rest of the group started showing up, with what looked to be the Sheriff, he got quiet, and simply nodded in response to Sammy's last statement. There were too many ways this could go horribly wrong, so he did the wise thing and shut up so others could speak.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #694 on: <04-11-13/2129:53> »
"As flattered as this is, there's absolutely no need to escalate this any further" interjects Clementine. She goes over to the stranger and tries to whisper to him, "come on, we're filming here. It's all role-playing and you're killing the moment. I mean, just look at me: I could easily take him on if I wanted to."

The big Native American looks quite shocked and confused. Less than a second ago he was tensed and ready for a fight, now he looked back and forth between the two, completely flat-footed.  "OH! I am..uh, sorry.. for Huh?"

The first security person finally gets into line of sight, the guy looks like he was expecting to break up some kids fighting or maybe stop a woman from beating her child.  Seeing the three in the center of the circle he stops and begins to fumble his stun baton out of it's sheath while trying to sputter out forceful sounding noises that haven't really coalesced into language yet.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #695 on: <04-11-13/2132:56> »
Figuring that he'd gotten about as much from the Sheriff as he could for now, Sam was content to let the conversation flow naturally into idle chit-chat on the drive back to town. As he climbed out of the SUV, a quick glance confirmed that while the two mages were still at the diner, most of the crowd had dissipated, apparently taking the "coarser" members of the team with them. Huh, when did I start thinking of us as a team? he thought to himself.

Turning to the sheriff with a smile, he extended his hand and said, "Yes, John, thanks so much for the tour. You've been very helpful. I'm sure we'll have more to talk about as the production gets moving. Oh, and I don't believe you've gotten a chance to meet our celebrity--would you like me to introduce you to Miss Delavine?"

"Another time, I should be getting back to the station.  I can't spend all day playing tour guide, who knows there might be some criminals in town."  He grins at his joke as he shakes hands with Jonny and Sam, then takes his leave.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #696 on: <04-12-13/0543:32> »
O'Connor broke character and went from aggressive to annoyed, "Dammit, I knew that director wannabe was full of crap. This...uh...organic shooting crap is problematic as fuck." He turned and saw the security guard, "Great, there's problem number two." He raised his hands in a placating manner, "Whoa there, buddy. Just chill, everything's cool."
« Last Edit: <04-12-13/0547:18> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #697 on: <04-12-13/2204:10> »
The guard waves the stun baton at you three, "Alright, what in the name of the Great Spirit is going on here?"  Three more security showed up and the crowd began to give confusing descriptions of things they saw.  Clem's rescuer steps back, still confused, and clearly trying to seprate himself from you both.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #698 on: <04-13-13/0405:28> »
O'Connor barely restrained the urge to attack the guard. He wasn't in the habit of letting people get away with the mistake of brandishing weapons at him. He looked the guard in the eyes, "You might want to put that baton away before someone *you* gets hurt." He took a few steps away from Clem to give them both room to maneuver if need be.

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #699 on: <04-13-13/0442:14> »
"Son, that is a poor way to confront the issue" says Clem to the nervous guard. She carefully steps away from O'Connor, ready for anything that might come. "There's nothing you can do here, but if you really want to resolve this, put away the weapon. You're interfering with a production here."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #700 on: <04-13-13/1809:17> »
Johnny waited until the sheriff had pulled out of the parking lot before turning to Sam and braking into song. "I shot the sheriff but I did not shoot the deputy." He didn't sing loudly but he was very off key. He stopped and scratched his left ear "I've had that stuck in my head the whole time brotha'. But did we get what we need?" He looked through the glass windows of the diner wondering how the others had faired.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #701 on: <04-13-13/2249:08> »
Okay, looks like it's time for us to get out of here...  Just need to bail these two out. Fionn approached, and listened for long enough to figure out what angle they were going for.  He put his palm to his face, acting exasperated (and as he did so, rebooted his bio-node to force the acquisition of a fresh Access ID, dropping him out of the security node; his business was done there for the time being anyways), wove together a form to help him with this; the stabbing pain behind his eyes reminded him that he might want to take it a bit easier.  "Fraggin' EP.  Promises make sure the store knows what's going on, but then this happens.  Let's just get out of here, guys - scene's ruined anyways, gonna have to find somewhere else for it - as if we weren't on a tight enough schedule already."  He started walking out like he expected the other two to follow.

Damn, I hope they get the message here.

[spoiler]
Threading Test: Empathy Software
6E5 => 4 | die: D6
Fading Resistance
12E5 => 2 | die: D6, ones: 2

Well, that puts me at 4 Stun...

Con Test, assuming +2 Social mods (Advantageous to NPC as he gets rid of us; Subject is distracted) but -1 wound
11E5 => 2 | die: D6, ones: 1

Well that roll sucked.
[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #702 on: <04-14-13/1125:07> »
Fionn came to the scene not a moment too soon. Clementine was running out of steam and was just about ready to start something more physical. Without saying an extra word, she followed Fionn and tried to get away from it all as quickly as she could without looking like a burglar running away with his loot.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #703 on: <04-14-13/1230:34> »
O'Connor was slightly disappointed that he wouldn't get the chance to shove the baton up that guard's ass. Nonetheless, he turned and followed Clem and Red.
« Last Edit: <04-14-13/1319:15> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #704 on: <04-14-13/1941:22> »
"Uh, EXCUSE ME!"  the security guard moves quickly to get round the three folks walkng away, even as the crowd parts for them.  Getting a step or two in front Fionn, he turns and points the baton at him.  "I don't know who you think you are, but these two aren't going any where until I get a few questions answered, and if you are with them, I will probably have a few for you too." 

Register