NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <01-31-13/0314:19> »
"See, that's part of the concern - do we really want to be out in the open and visible?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <01-31-13/0329:01> »
"See, that's part of the concern - do we really want to be out in the open and visible?"

"Don't worry about it," Sammy said, "As soon as we stop, we're going back to visible.  Then we bring the two groups together and summon a new set of spirits to conceal us again.  And again in the morning.  Unfortunately not bound spirits dissapear at dusk or dawn, whichever comes first.  But maybe if we use Schwartzkopf force 6 spirits, we can have the spirits conceal each other as well.  That way they should be visible for each other and can pass on messages.  Maybe something to discuss with the other mage.  It can hurt quite a bit if you start going too high with the force."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <01-31-13/0348:14> »
"Aye, this I know well.  Was once fool enough to register well beyond my power, wound up in the hospital for a month.  Creidhne remains a good friend, though, so all in all it wasn't the stupidest thing I've done."  He smiled a bit with that last part, remembering some of the other stupid-but-good experiences he's had back home.

Maybe Sam's got a point...  Would be wise of me to be searching for any hidden signals out here.  Reaching inward, Fionn looked for the Resonance at the core of his abilities - and was more than a little bit glad when he felt what seemed to be it.  He couldn't be certain, not without some sort of interaction, but his power still seemed to be there.  From it, he shaped a lighthouse upon a great rock, but changed the shape of the light to cast a wider beam - a light meant to search out craft upon the waters, rather than to warn them.  He held this construct in his head, letting it cast about and perpetually scan the area around him.

Addressing the rest of the group in a tone implying his attention was on something else, he let them know what he was up to.  "Ought to mention, I'm liable to be a little distracted for a while - scanning around for any devices kept in hidden.  If you've got anything in you with a transceiver, may as well let me know since I'm probably about to find out - would be nice to be able to rule things out as being something to be concerned about."

[spoiler]Threading, Fading resistance (6d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=2)

Scan Complex Form threaded to Rating 2; Fading fully resisted.  Detect Hidden Node pool is 6, which buys 1 hit.  Meaning that if I spend 45 seconds in mutual signal range of a hidden node, I detect it.  People with 'ware take note - almost all cyber has wireless, especially internal stuff; the range varies based on the specific type of 'ware. 

For reference, my Signal rating is 3, and thus my range is 400 metres.  Most cyber and nanoware has Signal 0, and thus a range of 3m.  Headware is at 2, which translates to 100m.  Cyberlimbs are at 5, and thus 4km - though, keep in mind that MSR basically means both are in the range of the one with the lower Signal.  Any drones or vehicles around probably have their specific Signal listed; stuff like RFID tags and most handheld electronics are Signal 1 (40m); another listed example of Signal 5 is "heavy drone surveillance sensors".[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-31-13/0639:07> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #138 on: <01-31-13/0619:38> »
"Nope, you are the first non-tribals I seen in a minute, I 'm just trying to figger out what's what."  the man looked at O'Connor over in response to Clem's words, "Your boyfriend has a few busted ribs, but the way I see it his worst problem is a piss-poor attitude and a lack of whatever it is he sniffs or smokes."
He has a slightly amused expression at what is clearly a defensive posture coming together, but seems unconcerned.

[spoiler]Perception results, mundane and otherwise:

Appears mundane, alone and as described, the people that got the four hits note the lack of water disturbance marking a direction he might have arrived at the rock from, and the fact his boots and jean cuffs aren't wet.
[/spoiler]

Gorean

« Reply #139 on: <01-31-13/0643:43> »
Heron gets a big grin on his face.

You know chummer. I like you.

So I got a couple a favors to ask. Where the hell am I? How far to civilization?
And do you have any clothes you could give miss "Tough and Tusky" here, 'cause her mincing along covering herself is actually getting on my nerves.

Oh where are my manners. I'm Heron by the way. Woke up naked to an impromptu nature walk, but otherwise having an ok day!
How've you been, Mr....?

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #140 on: <01-31-13/0700:10> »
O'Connor wanted to throttle Clem, Great goin', tellin' him one of us ain't at a hundred percent an' then beggin' for help. Way to show strength. Someone as violent as her should know never to show or admit weakness, especially to some sneaky backwoods fuck that got the drop on us. Regardless, he mirrored Clem's movements as he sized the man up, If Clem an' I rush 'im, he probably won't have time to draw. Even if he does get a shot off at one of us, that'll leave 'im open for the other. The stranger's comments about him caught O'Connors off guard, How the hell could he tell my ribs're busted? The bruisin's gone for the most part. Is it so obvious that I'm not in peak condition? And how in the fuck can he know I want a bit of Zen? He shock his head a bit to clear his thoughts, Snap out of it! He's just some smart mouthed old hick an' if he tries anythin', I'm gonna smack that stupid ass look right off his face!
« Last Edit: <01-31-13/0708:33> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <01-31-13/0713:19> »
"Blackeagle.  Heron?  Oh, I guess that makes you the boyfriend, sorry about that, we just met and all., but a body certainly don't mind the view."  the man straightens up and looks off to the northeast, "Yakima is off that way a bit, don't know as I would call it civilization, though.  So who did you folks piss off down in DandelionLand?"

Gorean

« Reply #142 on: <01-31-13/0722:23> »
Heron gives a visible shudder.
Uggh. Most definitely not boyfriend.

Well you know how it is. To know who you pissed in in Tir Taingire, involves not pissing off someone in Tir Taingire.
Though from my attire i'm guessing they didn't approve of my fashion sense.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <01-31-13/0809:46> »
Clementine frowned with a mixture of disbelief and amusement. "Why is this old man so bent on me going out with someone in this group?" she thought to herself. She let Heron have his small talk with the old man, but she was getting impatient. After a few moments of idle chatting, she said "You must live somewhere around here to know the landscape so well. Is your house close by? Do you have any clothes we could borrow?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #144 on: <01-31-13/0819:53> »
"Yes ma'am, I live just down the way a piece, I got some furs there that oughta set you right." Blackeagle climbs down into the water and steps up to the ork, "but it don't look like you got much to trade with."

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #145 on: <01-31-13/0825:32> »
"Nope, no gear to worry about here. Never felt too comfortable with the whole "hey, let's cut people open and shove new stuff in them" thing, you know? But anyhow, we're not getting any closer to that lodge just standing here; can you do your scanning thing while we walk?" Sam glanced anxiously at the sky. He wasn't a woodsman, but he could tell that the sun seemed to be getting pretty high. And he was starting to get hungry. Morning's getting on...must be near breakfast time...damn it.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <01-31-13/0845:46> »
"I'm sure we can work something out, Blackeagle. I'm Clem, by the way" answered Clem, with a somewhat nice smile that didn't seem to fit her at all. "How far is your place from here?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #147 on: <01-31-13/1518:09> »
"Nope, no gear to worry about here. Never felt too comfortable with the whole "hey, let's cut people open and shove new stuff in them" thing, you know? But anyhow, we're not getting any closer to that lodge just standing here; can you do your scanning thing while we walk?" Sam glanced anxiously at the sky. He wasn't a woodsman, but he could tell that the sun seemed to be getting pretty high. And he was starting to get hungry. Morning's getting on...must be near breakfast time...damn it.

"Already begun."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <01-31-13/1920:44> »
Blackeagle crosses his staff between the two of them and looks slightly bemused.

"Don't play a game you don't understand the rules to young lady, and when you do, play to win."  The Amerind starts working his way out of the water, turning his back to your group as he does.  "You won't get there the way you are going, come set a spell and have something to eat, then we'll figure out what's what."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #149 on: <01-31-13/1956:05> »
Blackeagle left Clementine confused. He seemed to know more about their situation than he should. A meal did seem nice, so she decided to see where this would lead her. "Sure, I'll have something to eat. But don't expect any sort of deep conversation while my mind is still preoccupied by my lack of clothes."

[spoiler] Just a quick gut feeling check for Clem Intuition 4 + Charisma 2 (6d6.hits(5)=1)[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Register