NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #870 on: <07-20-11/0221:25> »
roger that man. At this moment I'm thinking that you're also our best bet to bypass their security given Brick's size he doesn't have much of a chance moving around this office space until those turrets are delt with. Once security is down he'll be more than happy to come out and play.

edit: i'm guessing we're on pause until Sichr gets back?
« Last Edit: <07-21-11/0150:54> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #871 on: <07-23-11/0721:03> »
Was kind of wondering about that wired security thing too...
No wireless because wires are more secured, I understand.
Communication/research server not connected to the security systems, I'd do the same.

But with the maglock -being part of the wired security network- cracked open, can't Wagner try hacking into the security systems from there?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #872 on: <07-23-11/1214:27> »
ahhh...very interesting.  Yes, he could attempt.  That's a Hardware + Logic (3) test to see if you're skills are able to rig up an ASSIST connection physically through the maglock.  If you fail then you just won't be able to connect through this slaved node.  Slaved Maglock Node is a Device Rating 4.  You also incur the +2 to the hacking threshold for a slave node.  Buying hits with your Security Procedures or Design knowledge skills i can tell you that if you set off an alert on the maglock node, since the system is wired and the exact physical location of all nodes is known, security will most likely instantly know your exact physical location in the facility.  Magical security resources could be at your location instantly.....and the rest of the muscle wouldn't be far behind. 

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #873 on: <07-23-11/1746:37> »
I'm guessing this is ultrasound motion detecting, right? Would microcrawlers or other small/mini drones have more chance of getting past those? They have a lot less "signature", but not sure how that works against those kinds of sensors. (Wagner would know.)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #874 on: <07-23-11/2058:19> »
Like i said:
If you roll a Logic + Software test i'll let you use the hits scored as a dicepool for the drones.   I'll say that microcrawlers give a +2 to the test and smaller drones give a +3. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #875 on: <07-24-11/0940:49> »
OK. Back to black.
Ill do my stelthy mojo and get us some more info about surroundings, we will think somethink out about fooling those sensors i hope.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #876 on: <07-24-11/1506:42> »

[OOC: To get past motion sensors, each person who enters the hallway must move crazy slowly and it's an Infiltration + Agility (3) test with a
negative dicepool modifer equal to the number of extra IP's you have.  So someone with 2 IP's would have a -1 to this test
since they're ramped for speed. 

Inca, you know Im quite comfortable with your GMing, well this is bullshit.
Im forged into agile and precise combatant with knife, well because of it Im unable to WALK SLOWLY and precisely.
Does it mean that my abilities are beyond my ability to control them? lol
Ill take any other modifier based on reasonable premises, otherwise Ill roll my full infiltration.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #877 on: <07-25-11/0656:04> »
... wow, that's a second amazingly crappy roll in this game. Starting to believe we're cursed.
FYI, I don't think Agility Boost will work. It only works a couple of CT's. Considering how slowly you'd have to move for the motion sensors, you'd only be a couple of steps further before it wears off again.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #878 on: <07-25-11/0700:17> »
well, so Ill have to stand for a while and do it one more time. well, since this is not combat, IDN if this reallly matters. For instance, when being uin the chase combat, turn lasts 20 seconds or so and there is no limitation how long attribute boost holds, so 4CT in normal combat equals CT in chase...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #879 on: <07-25-11/1430:32> »
Well you negated the CRAZY C. glitch with Edge which was smart.  Hopefully you can stay alive. 

I agree that chase combat would make attribute boosts last longer and I was just watching an interview with J. Hardy about a possible 5th edition and he says that one of the things that will get fixed is chase/tactical combat because it creates a whole lot of logical fallacies.  So we'll just go with the normal combat round for now meaning that each combat turn is 3 seconds just so that we can translate to out of combat.  That myns Xzyl is right about agility boost wearing off pretty quickly since you have to move so slowly.   Just pretend you never did the second AG boost so that you don't have to worry about drain.

We'll just view chase combat as kind of like a sub-game type of thing. 
« Last Edit: <07-25-11/1436:05> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #880 on: <07-25-11/1632:21> »
Hey...I didnt had any stun damage so far??? So why that 1S1S? Ive rolled my drain before???

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #881 on: <07-25-11/1645:13> »
Body(4)+Will(3) (7d6.hits(5)=1)
this is the drain roll for that Agility boost Ive made for the boosting stealh. consider this closed so I have no boosts right now.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #882 on: <07-25-11/1653:57> »
lol
I understand that you need to make this as chalenging as possible, but do you know that thresshold for the infiltration, which is normaly opposed test versus Sensors+Clearsight IMO... means that those turrets have Sensors 6 + Clearsight 6 and just bought hits(3). I should have done the same, well IMO more fair is to roll, when buying hits there is no chance for glitch ;)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #883 on: <07-26-11/1205:25> »
If there are no objections, Ill move behind the corner to the right and shoot at the turret on the intersection. I expect there is more of them on the corridor, but hell, I got owhere else to do. so this and full gymnastic defense are the only things Im able to do now...ad I think I dont have a free single action to boost my agility again :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #884 on: <07-26-11/1206:30> »
I mean I need to know modifiers, Inca....