OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #585 on: <04-28-11/1446:29> »
No, there's a hologram there.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #586 on: <04-28-11/1452:11> »
... Bah, you'd think at least our characters thought of that. That's what I mean when I say I don't know all the finesses of that matrix stuff yet.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #587 on: <04-28-11/1454:36> »
Well, but we didn't. And Inca is the GM. It's his job to use our errors against us.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #588 on: <04-28-11/1501:12> »
Well like you did for Dustin's car, I said anyone with a decent analyze program or no image link would tell the difference.  So drones would probably be able to see there's no passenger, but they'd have to be looking.  That's why i wanted to give you the option to take the drivers seat.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #589 on: <04-28-11/1508:26> »
Oh. But I don't have a valid SIN. That's not something I can just pass... And are remote-controlled cars that unusual?

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #590 on: <04-28-11/1514:05> »
^ was wondering that too... You got Gridcab; rigger adaptation is avail 4 and not R or F, so can't be too uncommon; even a cocoon doesn't seem to be that rare.

As for the Alert, ok, stupid mistake...
How would I fix it? How long would it take for my car's spoof chip to morph? Guess I can edit GridGuide's logs to make it seem like it was always there.

As for being tracked; if I'm logged in as admin, don't I just see all the software running, including IC? With an admin account it's possible to just shut down IC software (of course, that's fairly obvious and any spider and possibly other IC progs could notice it) but don't I have full rights so see everything that's running?
« Last Edit: <04-28-11/1517:32> by Xzylvador »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #591 on: <04-28-11/1550:21> »
Yeah, I would say by 2072 it's ok to not have a driver in the passenger seat, but it's not ok to have no one at all in the car...I'll say you'd need a liscence to do this.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #592 on: <04-28-11/1620:33> »
Are cars on GridGuide by default? (More specifically, is mine?) Apparently not.
Just turning off the jammer would mean they'd have to pull over every vehicle to check what was going on, if we morph plates and spoof a new ID, no?
« Last Edit: <04-28-11/1733:51> by Xzylvador »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #593 on: <04-28-11/1851:22> »
well right now KE is coming to investigate what's going on. we have  a couple options. run, attack, distract, or hide.
you can use your spoof programs to make us not stand out is a possablity, we could try and crash the drone coming to check things out, Zach could cause a rockus somewhere nearby for them to deal with. We could park it somewhere for a minute while they sort out the dead space. (I'm assuming caused by my jammer. :-\) then push on. A combo of all of the above. I suggest wagner check is sheet for things that would otherwise help us out... (you've got an awful lot of gear and programs, I'm sure something in there is useful. ;) )
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #594 on: <04-28-11/1852:40> »
So are you gonna leave it on or turn it off?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #595 on: <04-28-11/2032:29> »
It's turned to now allow everything to function normally but on still tracking all those nodes previously found.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #596 on: <04-29-11/0236:43> »
I can try Levitating the Drone into another car, if needed. But for now Wagner should be savvy enough to handle hacking a drone on his own.

P.S. To use GridGuide the car's node had to be broadcasting. In hidden GG couldn't sent any data to it.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #597 on: <04-29-11/0251:20> »
Actuallly, I have my HK on the slink on my back, so it is hidden by the hologram from normal sight...dont have time to post, but that doesnt mean that Im willing to let myself in trouble without doing anything. We had 30 seconds since that warning. all we managed to do is to turn off the jammer?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #598 on: <04-29-11/0254:24> »
Just entry for the holo projector: You need to beat Perception thresshold (2) to figure out thet the image is not real. If you beat that you still see the image, even if you know that it is a hologram, so for normal sight everything is hidden behind the hologram.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #599 on: <04-29-11/0256:08> »
@Xyzlv: beautifull!!!