NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #345 on: <04-06-11/0557:04> »
In Stryker's case that would be a Logic+First Aid+Medkit test, at a -2 penalty (Awakened). And since I have a -5 wound penalty, that would be a -7 total, for a dice pool that's enough only for beating the threshold, nothing more...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #346 on: <04-06-11/0601:56> »
hh
I should try to default it (but it would be 3-1-2-2 LOL ), or if you have an Medikit, I should try to use it...

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #347 on: <04-06-11/0603:25> »
Nah, I have a Rating 4 Medkit, if I remember correctly. So no use trying...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #348 on: <04-06-11/0623:17> »
nonono, that is 3+4-4...Ill give it a try...

Then again...looking modifiers table (combat=- 3) it is hopeless :(
« Last Edit: <04-06-11/0627:00> by Sichr »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #349 on: <04-06-11/1000:18> »
We're not in combat at the moment. That modifier is for flying lead and grenades exploding around you. Oh, and there's a -1 modifier for Indoors condition also, so no use...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #350 on: <04-06-11/1016:05> »
The grenade launcher is slung around the shoulder of the dead street samurai

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #351 on: <04-06-11/1018:22> »
So no more grenades... Good. In CQB grenades are... well, Zach's Edge burning would be a good explanation...

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #352 on: <04-06-11/1220:51> »
someone snag that damn thing, it's worth at least 600 nuyen. that'll help pay the medical bills for you both, :D and maybe even cover our entry to the underground....
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #353 on: <04-06-11/1222:35> »
What medical bills? Do you see me needing medical assistance? I just need time to get rid of the Stun, and Heal the rest.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #354 on: <04-06-11/1241:57> »
I think we will skin this cat after it is dead. it is about 12 seconds since first KABOOM, no police unit in the whole fuckin world has so fast response. But we are not finished yet.

So. Are we going to something with those watchers? Im not going there to meet the manabolt in the doorframe :)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #355 on: <04-06-11/1318:29> »
Yes, but on my next turn unfortunately... :P

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #356 on: <04-06-11/1325:25> »
It would be OK. If there is any menace, return to your body and make him materialize, and lets hope we would be able to help you with the fight :)

And about that Katana...not exactly my style...Ill keep it for you now ;)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #357 on: <04-06-11/1340:35> »
medkit supplies cost money too, also zach will need the doctor, that's pretty much a non argument. right now i've figured out what a few ways we can do to finish the fight, i'm now planning for the after game. IE we need to steal every weapon we can find foci, tech, anything everything that might be of value, while someone goes to the cleaning closet and spreads bleach all over your blood splatter, then we take everything hit the stairs (or a fire escape) and go with all possible haste too the big rhino where we can get into the underground and find our way out of downtown.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #358 on: <04-06-11/1349:08> »
I think we will skin this cat after it is dead. it is about 12 seconds since first KABOOM, no police unit in the whole fuckin world has so fast response.
true, but this is set in america. I know law enforcement pretty well. the best response time is 8  minutes, from the second the call goes to dispatch, but we might have more depending on the call volume they're getting. depending on the call they'll send at least one car, but for us i figure we'll get 2 plus drones. given the way you guys probably look, we'll need to get you covered up before we leave.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #359 on: <04-06-11/1414:18> »
So you're right that each combat turn takes approximately 3 seconds ....cuz remember combat is always a little abstract....so they say about 3 seconds.  Now as soon as you're out of combat time moves slower, so just to be realistic with everything that has happened I'll say 1 minute has gone by since the elevator doors opened and to somehow reflect a little bit of the meta-discussion that has gone on.  It's just with all the roleplaying flair that we give our actions, having had everything that happened happen in 12 seconds is a just not realistic....that's why unless knowing the time down to the second is crucial (i.e. say a bomb timer is ticking, or somebody is falling of a roof and you're trying to get LOS to catch him with levitate), then we'll say a combat turn is a flexible thing which is long enough to be able to include the roleplaying flair.  You guys see what i'm saying? 

I'll let you know how much time has passed in instances when it's not crucial.  In your case you need to know how long your actions take to within the minute, not the second.  So depending on what you guys decide to do, i'll just remind you guys about how much time has passed.  So like I said, up to now 1 minute has gone by. 

One thing I thought of doing is that when you're in combat, CT=3 seconds....this reflects the fact that reacting to super fast events forces you to do things as fast as possible.  I don't know if guys other than Teyl have been in a fight, but a lot happens in a really short period of time and it kind of amazes you....or just think of sports...it's cuz you're using both red and white muscle tissue...active and reactive tissue.  That's why if you work out by yourself at the gym...you might be sore...but it's nothing like if you get in a fight or have to run for your life....i've woken up seriously sore from that and been like...dang, why am i so sore?  It's cuz i used the reactive muscle tissue as well.........so then outside of combat (no visible enemies) we could just say for general purposes a CT = 20 seconds.  This is not to be overly analyzed cuz depending on the action this might seem too much or too little....just for bookkeeping purposes.  I'll try to follow approximately this guideline, but not exactly.

« Last Edit: <04-06-11/1421:51> by inca1980 »