VEGAS BABY, VEGAS

• 43 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #30 on: <03-09-11/1322:48> »
heh
 I met only a few glitches in that game...but the last one is killing me
Ive played for free independent vegas, and after I made a final converstion done and strted to relax an watch the final outro, game quits. Ive started this agaiin and again many times, I still never get past future of jacobson, nad then it fails again and again. Ive got a steam version, did anyone of you heard of this problem???

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <03-09-11/1458:13> »
I discovered I hate the console. I decided on a replay to munch out. L30 character before I left Doc. Tigh's house (this was prior to the DLC). Not surprisingly I didn't get the achievements that I hadn't gotten at that time. This is due to the game flagging your playthrough as a cheat (which I will be the first to admit it was).

So I'm doing a serious playthrough, I popped up the Pip-Boy to make a change, then hit the tilde key instead of the Tab key to go back to the game...and was staring at the console again. Pissed. Me. Off. So it was back to square zero after getting to L12-13. Not pleased, not pleased at all. So annoyed that I went into the game's .INI files and turned off access to the console.

Listen, programmers, I understand that people go to the console to cheat. But seriously? You're going to say simply bringing it up is cheating?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #32 on: <03-09-11/1850:59> »
As a Hoarder and Explorer, I reached L30 way before even getting to New Vegas, so have zero customisation available on my character.....

As a PC Gamer, I can't get the DLC Dead Money, and still get a few glitches/corruptions on scene changes (requiring a reload to previous save)

And with all this I still say:
I love this game!
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <03-09-11/1853:32> »
Dead Money is now available for PC and PS3.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #34 on: <03-09-11/1900:27> »
Dead Money is now available for PC and PS3.
....  :o

</leaves work>
</flags down cab>
</goes home>
</ignores spouse birthday and toddler swimming lessons>
</initiated DLC installation>
</places Come Back in a WEEK sign on study door>
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #35 on: <03-09-11/1915:36> »
I break more families...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #36 on: <03-11-11/0037:04> »
I discovered I hate the console. I decided on a replay to munch out. L30 character before I left Doc. Tigh's house (this was prior to the DLC). Not surprisingly I didn't get the achievements that I hadn't gotten at that time. This is due to the game flagging your playthrough as a cheat (which I will be the first to admit it was).

So I'm doing a serious playthrough, I popped up the Pip-Boy to make a change, then hit the tilde key instead of the Tab key to go back to the game...and was staring at the console again. Pissed. Me. Off. So it was back to square zero after getting to L12-13. Not pleased, not pleased at all. So annoyed that I went into the game's .INI files and turned off access to the console.

Listen, programmers, I understand that people go to the console to cheat. But seriously? You're going to say simply bringing it up is cheating?

You know if you quit out of the game and restart it "forgets" that you opened up the console?

Just make sure you do a restart before achievement hunting.

-k

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <03-11-11/0942:46> »
You know if you quit out of the game and restart it "forgets" that you opened up the console?

I did as of twenty minutes before reading your post. However, due to the asynchronous nature of this conversation, I will tell my friend that he came in second. ^_^

Thanks!
Power corrupts.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #38 on: <09-16-11/2118:16> »
Well, a few more DLCs in, and the last one due next Tuesday...  How are folks still liking the game?

Me, I loved Honest Hearts, and the total "About Face" Joshua Graham appeared to make, made for a much more interesting character.  Old World Blues is very...  Surreal.  I liked it, but I can see how not everyone does, it doesn't take itself seriously and is very obvious about it.  (A conversation with my own brain?).

The gear DLCs also intrigue me.  Too bad they didn't come out earlier, I think...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <09-17-11/0042:30> »
I like the idea of having the various pre-order promos released with/after the last DLC.
Power corrupts.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #40 on: <06-02-13/1454:35> »
This is worthy of revival of this thread:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45138//?

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <06-02-13/2200:20> »
It just so happens I'm running through another playthrough of F:NV right now...
Power corrupts.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <06-02-13/2302:35> »
Wow, ironic...just re-installed...in queue following Borderlands 2. ;)

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <06-02-13/2309:00> »
Alanis irony isn't irony. ^_^
Power corrupts.

Register