NEWS

Limited Engagement: On The Run

• 178 Replies

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <12-18-12/2304:01> »
McClane gave a look at the two Orks and a smirk appeared on his face after Hitch commented about a non-violent resolution. Judging by the Orks' demeanor and St.George comment about having his employer's money retrieved after the deal, he knew a 'non violent solution' wasn't really what their employer wanted. It was more about the group's morals and putting a leash on the cyborg.

Finally McClane spoke up: Well that being said I propose we get started on finding that disk. If word of the disk's existence is on the street already, every minute counts to get us back on track.
He opened the door and ushered everyone of his team out. He gave the Troll one last good look and added: Next time we meet will be with your disk in hand.
« Last Edit: <12-19-12/0128:27> by obidancer »
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #31 on: <12-20-12/2354:04> »
As the door shut behind them Patches spoke up "So what next? Anyone know of someplace quite near here where we can talk? I'd love a quite bar but a kaf house would be good too. Anywhere but here."
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <12-21-12/1850:32> »
What's wrong with here? asked McClane. I'm sure we can rent a private meeting room too, for an hour or two. Unless you prefer to invite us back to where you crash?

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <12-22-12/0406:43> »
"Here's fine ... so would be any other place with a private booth. Shame, we probably could have put more on the Johnson's tab." Tian Lu mused idly, while the group stood about in the dark expanse. He didn't trust the club further than he could throw its' bouncers, but that was more than he could say for some places.
« Last Edit: <12-22-12/0710:58> by Novocrane »

user-unknown

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <12-22-12/0707:26> »
Lynx stood with the rest of the group while they decided where to go, running through the details of the job in her mind.

"I suppose it's time to get started.  Now who do I know who may have heard about this...." she thought.  Only a few names jumped out at her - Carson, a supplier of electronics and weapons who was her normal source for the goods she carried in, and Vega, a rival smuggler.  It sounded like this disc probably wouldn't be readable with a standard commlink - if the theft had been planned, the thief may have ordered equipment for reading it in advance.?  It was as good a lead as any,  but it probably wouldn't be good to give too much away about what was going on...

@Carson - hi Carson, I've had a client ask about getting equipment for reading an old 'optical disc' data store?  Don't suppose you've heard of such a thing, or know where I can get one? L

@Vega - hey V, had a client ask about getting an optical disk reader.  I can't get one through my normal sources - if you know where I can get one, split the fee with you? L
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix & Commlink

irisheathen

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <12-22-12/1211:19> »
"No here's fine if you trust the place and want to pay for a private room. I just hate clubs."  Patches didn't really trust that the club was the safest option but he would concede to the more experienced runners. He was more concerned with what he could dig up from the matrix and his contacts.

He fired a message off to Silvia.
"Hey darlin' thanks for the advice about the club. I've got another question to ask though. Have you heard anyone talking about a old style optical disk? Might have some interesting music data on it? I'll owe you one if you can dig something up for me that helps."

Then one to his buddy from lone star.
"Hey John its Patches, I'm trying to track down some stolen goods and return them to their rightful owner. Heard anything about a old-style optical disk that might have some important music data on it being stolen recently? I'll owe you a full round of drinks if you can help me out."
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« Reply #36 on: <01-06-13/2214:31> »
Lynx stood with the rest of the group while they decided where to go, running through the details of the job in her mind.

"I suppose it's time to get started.  Now who do I know who may have heard about this...." she thought.  Only a few names jumped out at her - Carson, a supplier of electronics and weapons who was her normal source for the goods she carried in, and Vega, a rival smuggler.  It sounded like this disc probably wouldn't be readable with a standard commlink - if the theft had been planned, the thief may have ordered equipment for reading it in advance.?  It was as good a lead as any,  but it probably wouldn't be good to give too much away about what was going on...

@Carson - hi Carson, I've had a client ask about getting equipment for reading an old 'optical disc' data store?  Don't suppose you've heard of such a thing, or know where I can get one? L

@Vega - hey V, had a client ask about getting an optical disk reader.  I can't get one through my normal sources - if you know where I can get one, split the fee with you? L

PATCHES:

John calls back in about 5 minutes:

"Optical Disk? You've got to be joking....nobody's seen one of those in like 10 years. Even if someone stole it, the damn thing would be impossible to read. Try shaking down whoever you can find dealing in outdated tech....hobbyists and the like. Maybe a junkyard? Sorry I can't do more for ya, buddy."

Silvia sends a message back about 20 minutes later:

"Optical Disk? Funny you should mention it, I heard Nabo got an email from someone trying to sell off some kind of optical disk, had some kind of music from a decade ago on it. You know Nabo, right? He's the drek-hot ork rocker that used to run with the Black Fangs over in Redmond before he hit it big. He's still got connections there...they say he never forgets his friends. He's playing a show tonight - I've heard he's pretty good. Kinda full of himself though."

LYNX:

Carson's response rolls in about 15 minutes after your outgoing message:

"I haven't seen an optical disk reader in....well, ever, to be honest. But I bet you could find one down at the Cathode Glow. It's a Hacker bar...hardcore techies. The whole place is knee-deep in old parts, cyberdecks, you name it. Hell, the guy I was meeting there claimed he saw some tech from the 20th century in there, and it was still working. If anyone has an optical disk reader, it'll be those guys, but it probably won't be free."

Vega responds about a half hour later:

"Sorry L, I haven't laid hands on anything that old in quite some time. Pretty low demand, but I imagine the supply has to be even lower. Best of luck; make 'em pay if you can dig up this thing."

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <01-07-13/0257:39> »
McClane scanned his 'link next to one of the available room and selected on the AR display to rent it for a an hour. They'd be left alone in here and most of all they could ear each other speak and not  have to have cyber ear installed. Clubs and loud music - scratch that, loud noise - wasn't much of his liking.

He sat lazily on one of the sofa and raised his feet on the table nearby and lit up another cigarette. A few of his new teammates were already on the look out. That was the time to get the feel of everyone. 
Quite a few of them were on their commlink, trying to get lead already. Good. He just had to wait.

irisheathen

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <01-13-13/0143:23> »
Patches dropped into a empty seat and finished his drink while he watched everybody else send and receive messages. He waited for anyone else to introduce themselves and when they didn't he shrugged and started reading one of his novels as he waited. As soon as he got the message from Sil he spoke up. "I think I've got a solid lead. I have on good word that A orc rocker called Nabo has been contacted by someone trying to off load a optical disc with some audio files a decade old. He's playing a show tonight. He used to run with the black flags over in Redmond. He's cocky and never forgets a friend. By the way we should probably introduce ourselves. I'm Patches. I drive pretty well and can sew you back up even better then when you started. "

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <01-13-13/0218:30> »
McClane jumped on the occasion to bring some reactions as Patches introduced himself. Hope you can weld as good as you can sew for our quiet friend here. He rolled his eyes to the direction of the cybered asian ork.
I am McClane, Occult Investigator and part-time magician. Some call me The Puppeteer, but for your guys it's just McClane.

He did a quick matrix search on Nabo and his concert, hoping to quickly find the address where it would be taking place. Some of them in the team could hopefully make it there on time, it was late already. Definitely someone we may need to talk to, a good lead Patches.

He scanned the room looking at the others: Any one else got something? 

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <01-13-13/0330:48> »
Tian Lu chuckled quietly, and shook his head at the mage, hoping he had more to bring to the table than a cyber bias.

"And I hope someone remembered to bring an aromatherapy kit for your kind, magician. Names are for comrades, but Tian Lu will suffice here."

With a nod towards Patches, he continued, "How quiet is your friend, when needed?"

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <01-13-13/1304:44> »
Well, he did get a reaction. A slanted smile drew on McClane's face. He was so good at making friends...
With a hand in front of his mouth, he checked his breath  - who knew maybe Tian Lu was right?
Happy to notice it wasn't too bad just yet, McClane continued:
That Nabo guy is as good a lead as we can get right now. I'd say at least some of us should hurry to the party. I volunteer. Patches, you got a car? Tian Lu, care to join?
« Last Edit: <01-14-13/0108:37> by obidancer »

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« Reply #42 on: <01-14-13/1238:33> »
McClane's search was quick and fruitful. The show was taking place in Redmond, in an area that is well within Black Flags territory. It is also sold out, but it is likely that with so many people around, there will be ample opportunities to scalp some tickets or sneak in.

irisheathen

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <01-14-13/1435:51> »
Patches stood and looked at Lynx, Tex, Hitch, & Maverick "If you all hit a dead end and want to join us or if you get any new info here's my comm code. Also Hitch I'd like it if you sent me the Johnson's comm code as well." He lite a cigarette and looked at Tian & McCain "I've got a van in the parking lot and if we leave now we should be there within the half hour; we can figure out a plan on the way there." He exhaled "By the way what do you two specialize in? You know, besides the witty banter."
« Last Edit: <01-14-13/1447:56> by irisheathen »

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <01-14-13/2049:30> »
Witty banter would actually be my specialty said McClane as he put his long coat back on and hat. then second to that, I'm pretty decent in the magic department, you know, occult stuffs, spirits, spells, wards... But borgs don't seem to like the scent of it so let's not talk to much about it.
He opened the door and loud music came pouring into the room. Mr Lu, Mr Patches, after you