NEWS

Season 5?

• 62 Replies

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <05-19-13/2316:40> »
thats understandable.  I'm looking forward to see what ways they have updated Chicago so that it wont be so hellish to Awakened runners.

Heh.  hehehehehe..... ;)

Crap. Perhaps I should rethink my Season 5 mystic adept concept.... :-\

Warmachinez

• Chummer
« Reply #46 on: <07-02-13/1524:40> »
Now that we have the SR5 PDF release date, any chance we could get the SRM5 release date?

*Pokes Bull*
Chaos? Lack of protection? Enemies lurking in the shadows? Sounds
to me like the fun’s just beginning. Sorry you’ll miss it, omae.
> Kane

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #47 on: <07-02-13/1542:44> »
thats understandable.  I'm looking forward to see what ways they have updated Chicago so that it wont be so hellish to Awakened runners.

Heh.  hehehehehe..... ;)

Crap. Perhaps I should rethink my Season 5 mystic adept concept.... :-\

Most people with godlike mystic powers use them to wreak havoc, get rich, or change the world.

A resident of the Chicago CZ area for over 30 years, Hooper the Hobo Mage uses them to go grocery shopping.

Getting a pint of milk in the Zone is downright dangerous!

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #48 on: <07-02-13/1554:15> »
Getting a pint of milk in the Zone is downright dangerous!

-k
Getting a Pint of Milk in most places of Shadowrun is downright difficult!  Cows that goblinize are monsters!!!

Even getting "I Can't Believe It's Not Milk" is difficult, as even going to the store will usually result in Ninjas.  (Typically cheap, knock-off ninjas from Korea or Vietnam, but still...)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #49 on: <07-02-13/1848:04> »
Now that we have the SR5 PDF release date, any chance we could get the SRM5 release date?

*Pokes Bull*

Wish I had more concrete info.  Once again, getting stuff into layout is proving problematic.  There's just so much "stuff" going on for Shadowrun 5 and the Year of Shadowrun, and we have limited personnel to work on it.  And at the end of the day, if the choice is to get work done on SR5, the Starter Box, Stuff for Gen Con, and the SR Card Game, or working on Missions...  Well, the PDF-only, somewhat low-selling product is going to be the one to get shunted off to the side :(

On the up side, Sprawl Wilds is SR5 statted, so worse comes to worse pick that up and use it to ease your players in, I suppose.

But the first Missions is pretty much just waiting on final art and a few text tweaks, then goes into layout.  The first Prime Mission is likewise in a similar boat.  And the second Missions should be shortly behind them.

Bull

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #50 on: <07-03-13/0257:08> »
Been wondering, the Prime Missions, are they 5th edition?

Becuase I'm fairly certain many current PM-eligible characters won't be able to be recreated reasonably til at least a few more of the expansion books are released.

-k

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <07-03-13/1016:55> »
They will be 5th, yes.  However, they're also only going to be 4 times a year.  (Prime characters can also be played in any Special Missions we release as well, though the rewards for those will be on par with a regular Missions adventure).  And since I know you primarily play at cons, Karma, we won't be running the first one at Gen Con this year as we weren't 100% if it would be ready back when we had to submit events.

So what does all that mean?  Wait a bit to do his Promotion :)  It's cool.  By the time the books you need are out, hopefully we'll have a handful of Missions for you to actually play. :)

Warmachinez

• Chummer
« Reply #52 on: <07-03-13/1042:14> »

*Pokes Bull*

Wish I had more concrete info.  Once again, getting stuff into layout is proving problematic.  There's just so much "stuff" going on for Shadowrun 5 and the Year of Shadowrun, and we have limited personnel to work on it.  And at the end of the day, if the choice is to get work done on SR5, the Starter Box, Stuff for Gen Con, and the SR Card Game, or working on Missions...  Well, the PDF-only, somewhat low-selling product is going to be the one to get shunted off to the side :(

On the up side, Sprawl Wilds is SR5 statted, so worse comes to worse pick that up and use it to ease your players in, I suppose.

But the first Missions is pretty much just waiting on final art and a few text tweaks, then goes into layout.  The first Prime Mission is likewise in a similar boat.  And the second Missions should be shortly behind them.

Bull

Thanks for the information. When you say Sprawl Wilds is stated for SR5, do you mean that it is available at the moment? If so that would be great since we have a game coming up this friday...
Chaos? Lack of protection? Enemies lurking in the shadows? Sounds
to me like the fun’s just beginning. Sorry you’ll miss it, omae.
> Kane

Vertigo916 "Patches"

• Newb
  • Vertigo916 "Patches"
« Reply #53 on: <07-08-13/1326:58> »
I'm just glad the PDFs for 5th ed  are coming out this Thursday (the day the 2nd run of my 5th ed home game will be). Couldn't have picked a better day lol as last meeting was character creation.

Only having 1 origins pre release book made that interesting but we had a lot of fun lol.   
I trust the player, If I don't whats the point?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #54 on: <07-08-13/1528:07> »
Sprawl Wilds and Mission 1 of Season 5 could both be out on the same day as SR5 PDF, assuming nothing gets delayed, and apparently Bull has more faith on Sprawl Wilds being out that day, not strange since that one's going to actually become a book so has more priority than a pdf-only thing.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <07-08-13/1710:50> »
Well, the Sprawl Wilds adventures are all older Missions adventures from the 2010 CMP series that got updated and dual-statted for SR4 and SR5.  It's been being worked on for a while now, and the bulk of the writing was done 3 years ago. :)  The PDF is done, and at least some hardcopies were available for sale at Origins.

However, I posted this to Facebook the other day, but forgot to update here.  Unfortunatly SRM 5A-01: Chasin' the Wind will not be out at launch.  It's mostly done, but we're waiting on art and, more importantly, layout.  Unfortunately our layout and art personnel have a ton of SR5 products they're working on, plus many of them are involved in the card game and even Shadowrun Returns from Harebrained.  Plus Gen Con.  So our resources are being stretched very thin, and Missions tends to be low man on the totem pole, since it's something of a niche product. 

I'll keep you guys updated, and hopefully it won;t be more than a week or two.

Bull

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #56 on: <07-08-13/1800:03> »
I'm glad I follow(ed) your advice and am going Ashes for my first event. ^_^ No need to worry about when SRM 5A-01 gets out.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <07-10-13/1354:10> »
Since Gencon (5 weeks away) is slated for sessions of SRM5-01 through 06 and CRM05-01 through 08, I have a couple questions on timing.

1) We know sprawl wilds is set to come out this week on PDF.
2) How many SRM's are expected to be playable BEFORE GenCon (and by how far?)
3) Are we on track for all of these SRM and CRM missions to be ready for play at GenCon?

Our group is planning 4 weeks of Sprawl Wilds (starting Saturday!) leading up to GenCon, with possibly adding in an SRM if any SRM's will be available.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <07-10-13/1519:45> »
CMP, not CRM. :)

Chance are the only SRM that will be available before Gen Con will be 5A-01: Chasin' the Wind.

And just to clarify if needed, The Sprawl Wilds adventures are not the same as the Dragon's Song of Dangerous Games adventures.

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <07-10-13/2306:06> »
CMP, not CRM. :)

Chance are the only SRM that will be available before Gen Con will be 5A-01: Chasin' the Wind.

And just to clarify if needed, The Sprawl Wilds adventures are not the same as the Dragon's Song of Dangerous Games adventures.

Thanks.  That gives 5 weeks worth (1 per week) leading up to GenCon.  Sounds good to me.