NEWS

New Shadowrun Fiction Released

• 70 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #30 on: <11-14-12/0147:45> »
Easy, fellas.  If we have to continue it, let's at least move that particular disagreement to the appropriate thread, hmm?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <11-14-12/1200:52> »
I guess jokes are forbidden here now.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <11-14-12/1314:45> »
I guess jokes are forbidden here now.
I haven't been banned yet, so not quite.

And, let's face it, who isn't a bigger joke here then me?  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #33 on: <11-14-12/1353:46> »
Just finsihed it, Crit.

That. Was. Fun!
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #34 on: <11-14-12/1413:47> »
Just finsihed it, Crit.

That. Was. Fun!
Glad you enjoyed it, Patrick!  I told'ja I really liked writing Kincaid. 

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-15-12/0647:40> »
Great read!  How long till we get another?  ;D

WSN0W

• Chummer
  • Never let a friend fool you twice.
« Reply #36 on: <11-15-12/0828:34> »
I will join in with hopes of more to come. A great blend of characters. Two 'known' ones (Turbo and Hard Exit) that are used in grounding ways (Turbo especially). Kincaid has that pleasant blend of functionally flawed.

It short, but it doesn't feel brief. Something I admire about <i>Neat</i> and really the SR4 writers in general is the 'getting a lot across in little space.' <i>Neat</i> sells the setting without going nuts with verbose descriptions. The barrens felt 'the same' as squalor level SR Packed urban life while having the unique traits of it (the ash in particular) reinforced in both Kincaid's descriptions and referencing how other characters (almost called them NPCs) dressed or behaved (His view of the Mafia assault squad being a solid reference point).

I tend to gravitate towards street level stories as I find them more immersive and character driven. "Mundane" concerns like blankets and bottle water get mentioned and hit home the point of sometimes those little things are truly the best that can come of a cruddy situation. I look forward to more novella and novels.

And as an aside question, did Kincaid or any of the other referenced character spring from table top game play?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #37 on: <11-15-12/1317:52> »
Awesome, I'm glad you guys liked it.  Now don't forget to spread the word, and post reviews (or at least ratings) where ever you bought it!   ;D

How soon we get more is up to The Powers That Be, not us lowly writer-types.  Trust me, if it was up to  me you guys would be drowning in fiction by now.  ;)

And as an aside question, did Kincaid or any of the other referenced character spring from table top game play?
Nope, not a one of 'em.  I've got stats for just about everyone involved (tucked away in my head), and I try to keep the game-reality in mind while I'm writing (so that no one's doing impossible stuff), but none of them are from actual gameplay, or started as player characters I wrote up once-upon-a-time, or anything like that.
« Last Edit: <11-15-12/1801:28> by Critias »

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <11-15-12/1423:39> »
Okay, so i went and bought this last night, and it was amazing. I love the reference to Lizzie being a supporting character considering i read Angels on here a year ago and i loved it, and i really wish i could get stats on Kincaid. He's a brilliant character and i love how Ariana works as the deuteragonist in this story. She's just lovely. All in all, the best purchase i've made in a while.

WSN0W

• Chummer
  • Never let a friend fool you twice.
« Reply #39 on: <11-15-12/1711:22> »
If it's doing well on the Amazon lists, I hope that's incentive for the Powers that Be to green light more :)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #40 on: <11-17-12/1858:53> »
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.  Vajra, did you spot Lizzie on your own or did you see my little hint over in the fanfic thread?  ;)

Anyone got any comments/questions/anything?  There's a couple other little easter eggs in there (some Shadowrun, some pop culture, some private eye stuff).  Anyone spotted any?

Alpha Blue

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <11-18-12/0617:10> »
Just read it and i have to say its nice to see that the Shadowrun novels are getting the love and attention they deserve. Makes me think of good ole Nigel D. and that is as good of a review  a SR novel ever is gonna get out of me. Please keep publishing these.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

drowmage

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <11-20-12/1947:41> »
Hi, Critias.

Neat will have a printed version?
"Never, ever deal with a dragon"? Oops! Too late...

Caine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Long lost runner
« Reply #43 on: <11-20-12/1951:44> »
Just finished this at work today and wow.  I have read all the preceeding fiction from day 1 and I have to say this is up there with Findly's works and the origional triligy.  I hope you keep giving us great stuff to read and play through.

Travis
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <11-20-12/1953:32> »
Go post your reviews on the sites where you bought it! Spread the word!