NEWS

Magical weapon for an NON-awakened character

• 67 Replies

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <11-19-12/1811:03> »
But there are 8 of them. ;)

Besides, for a low price(or none) you can farm the blighters in a special room.

Just dump the corpses in there after each run ;D

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #46 on: <11-19-12/1940:52> »
Last session my shaman and his pal mage spend a month in their brand new Micro Alchemical Lab refining (Breaking Bad feelings...), we've ended with 10 units of radical orichalcum ready to start the proccess. The expenses was near to 90.000¥ to make 500.000¥ in orichalcum (good deal  ;)) and a month of hard work.

*whistle*

Yeah, I'll say.

When you can start cranking out Orichalcum at that rate, it's time to ask yourself why you're still Shadowrunning. ;D
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #47 on: <11-19-12/2005:23> »
Well, it's a fair misunderstanding of the rules.  There is no such thing as 'radical orichalcum'.  You need to take refined gold, silver, mercury, and copper - the creating of which is a lunar-month-long process for each one - and put them together, sending them through another month-long circulation ...

Quote from: Street Magic, p. 82
Creating orichalcum requires placing one unit each of radical copper, radical gold, radical mercury, and radical silver
through a 28-day circulation. The magician must tend the circulation during this period and must check the circulation and make adjustments every 8 hours. A successful Enchanting + Magic (3) Test consumes the radicals and produces a number of units of orichalcum equal to the net hits scored in the Enchanting Test (to a maximum of 8). Failure consumes the radicals but only produces a worthless alchemical slag.
        This test may not be rushed, and any interruption requires the magician to start again.

Now, I'll grant that you could roll really well, but it's stated that the most you can get out of the 4 units used is, at most, 8 units - which would require 11 hits.  Which is, well, a lot, if only 1/3 your dice are hitting ... or even if an entire 1/2 of them are.  Still, I can see it happening.

And yes, that's a pretty damn good - though you ARE spending a month to start, and 40,000 + 2400 + 1200 + 400 = 44,000 for the base units - and if you should be interrupted, or god help you glitch on the test, you lose it all.  Can be good - a unit of orichalcum is worth 50k - so you might make 400k out of your 44 and month's work.  But that's a hell of a lot of time, effort, and babysitting ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #48 on: <11-20-12/1026:42> »
Oh yes.

Rat flails, anyone?
As in devil rat flails.
Because i believe i read they were dual natured.

Oh gods. The bag of rats exploit has left Dungeons and Dragons and crept into Shadowrun instead!

Unahim

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <11-20-12/1040:11> »
Oh yes.

Rat flails, anyone?
As in devil rat flails.

Oh gods. The bag of rats exploit has left Dungeons and Dragons and crept into Shadowrun instead!

The one with the undead rats that explode?

The Dark Warden

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <11-20-12/1412:10> »
Oh yes.

Rat flails, anyone?
As in devil rat flails.

I believe the 3.5 D&D bag of rats exploit referred to involved use of the Greater Cleave feat (which allowed you a free attack for every attack you made that dropped an opponent) along with a few other feats that allowed a fighter facing a huge number of weak enemies (like a handy bag full of rats) to obtain an obscene number of attacks against a different enemy.

Twitchy D

• Omae
  • Paranoia is a survival trait.
« Reply #51 on: <11-20-12/1438:21> »
Oh yes.

Rat flails, anyone?
As in devil rat flails.

I believe the 3.5 D&D bag of rats exploit referred to involved use of the Greater Cleave feat (which allowed you a free attack for every attack you made that dropped an opponent) along with a few other feats that allowed a fighter facing a huge number of weak enemies (like a handy bag full of rats) to obtain an obscene number of attacks against a different enemy.

Phooie. And here I was dreaming that it involved a bag of holding filled to the brim with dead rats. WALL OF RATS is something I'll never forget in my life.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <11-20-12/1444:03> »
Oh yes.

Rat flails, anyone?
As in devil rat flails.

I'd think that someone trying this would initiate the "phone book attack" being directed at them...
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #53 on: <11-20-12/1531:54> »
I've started my own meme!
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <11-20-12/1536:08> »
I've started my own meme!
And now Know Your Meme won't accept it because you aknowledged it... :(

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #55 on: <11-20-12/1549:45> »
that's ok, we'll acknowledge it here!!
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <11-20-12/1625:21> »
that's ok, we'll acknowledge it here!!
...like a WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS for the Shadowrun Forums... ::)

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #57 on: <11-20-12/1634:32> »
"whose fault is it" list,, hehehe
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Unahim

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <11-21-12/0646:14> »
I still like the undead rat idea more. You can even pair it with the fighter: he can kill them first, then you raise them.

It's basically just this: There's a feat that makes your undead explode in a burst of negative energy when they die. This deals 1d6 + caster level (I think) damage. Since rats are like 1/4th HD, you can raise a ton of undead rats at once (since the spells generally raise your caster level times 2 HD of undead in one go). You just put the rats in a big bag and drop the bag onto the enemies from above. With 1 hp, the rats cannot survive the fall and thus they explode, doing obscene damage in AoE.

Easiest class to do this on is Warlock, as they can get permanent flight and raise undead for free (they fall apart after a few hours if you don't expend resources, but who cares?) and can summon swarms of vermin (like, you know, rats) all day.

Fighter has nothing on this.
« Last Edit: <11-21-12/0648:35> by Unahim »

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #59 on: <11-21-12/1901:41> »
I still like the undead rat idea more. You can even pair it with the fighter: he can kill them first, then you raise them.

It's basically just this: There's a feat that makes your undead explode in a burst of negative energy when they die. This deals 1d6 + caster level (I think) damage. Since rats are like 1/4th HD, you can raise a ton of undead rats at once (since the spells generally raise your caster level times 2 HD of undead in one go). You just put the rats in a big bag and drop the bag onto the enemies from above. With 1 hp, the rats cannot survive the fall and thus they explode, doing obscene damage in AoE.

Easiest class to do this on is Warlock, as they can get permanent flight and raise undead for free (they fall apart after a few hours if you don't expend resources, but who cares?) and can summon swarms of vermin (like, you know, rats) all day.

Fighter has nothing on this.

HOT DAMN this lovely. Best I had was a zombie flying whale (some 3rd party book has happy flying whales in it) thats the BBEG used as a mobile flying zombie whale base of DOOM that the used to summon horses in (mount etc) he would then set them on fire and push them out of the whales ass to fall on towns that refused his enlightened rule.Happily the party killed him before he completed his master plan to throw one half of a ringgate off the continental shelf and mount the other ring on his whale to use as a 100lb per day water/mass driver type thing.
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.