NEWS

Looking for input on Ex-NeoNet Scientist/Rigger/Hacker

• 2 Replies

lonewolf1210

• Newb
« on: <10-23-12/0645:38> »
Hey there!

I´ve been tinkering on this character for a while now, and looking for some input:
Overwatch

basic concept was to make him a Scientist Know-it-all Rigger, that gains access to a multitude of pirated skillsofts through his groupcontact and thus be a swiss army knife, especially with logic based skills such as first aid, chemestry or demolitions, where my high logic and PuSHed gives me a great dice pool once I have those activesofts.

Having invested much into those skillwires and not have and activesofts at the start is not ideal, but thats where I plan to make my first investments once I make some money.

There are a couple of things that i know arent really worth it from an optimization PoV(like the qualtiy Technical School Education) that I´d like to keep anyway for background reasons.

Does anyone have some suggestions for modifications?
« Last Edit: <10-23-12/1126:55> by lonewolf1210 »

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #1 on: <10-23-12/1108:45> »
Never done a rigger so I can't say much, but I did notice you could buy the FFBA and some PPP to put underneath your actioneer business suit, to round out your armor ratings (FFBA+PPP+Actioneer = 8/6 enc., 11/8 B/I), and then get rid of of your camo suit because it's inferior armor configuration to FFBA combo (Camoflauge Suit+PPP = 8/8 enc, B/I, at best). Get a non-armored camo suit or long-coat with ruthenium for the extra sneak-ability maybe?

Also, I have your viz enhancement contacts as coming in at 16R availability ... over the max gen value of 12. Get contacts with smartlink, flare-comp and image link, then put whatever else you want on a pair of glasses.

lonewolf1210

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-23-12/1151:22> »
thanks

right on the contacts. I guess I will just lose the smartink for now, since the gun is more for show anyway at the moment. Maybe I get some glasses with smartlink when I get some activesofts for the gun.

on the armor issue:
after an incident with a Trolladept who couldnt seriously be damaged by anything but magic, our group banned FFBA, so thats not an option. I´ve got to look into PPP, but overall I would hope to avoid situations where my char would be put into the line of fire anyway if at al possible.