NEWS

Customized Helmet

• 3 Replies

Lich

• Newb
« on: <10-04-12/1117:52> »
So I was brain storming a character and came up with the idea of a kind of contract killer called "Reaper Man." He's called that because for his first contract he went... a little overboard with the body count and was seen wearing a hood and a shiney skull mask while he did it. Now at the time he didn't put much thought into it. It was just a mask. But if he ran with it I imagine that skull would turn into something more then a shiney peice of plastic.

So I'm fairly new and not very knowledgable on all this. Would it be possible to somehow make a helmet and mod it out to be a gasmask, have some vision mods, hearing mods, and maybe a nasty little suprise for anyone who puts the thing on and doesn't know the password? All this, of course, shaped into the form a chrome skull.

White_Knight

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-04-12/1132:39> »
Short answer, yes.

Long Answer

Helmets have a capacity like everything else and can be modified with everything you've mentioned. The SWAT Helmet from SR4A has most of those mods mentioned. In Arsenal you have the 'Custom Look' mod for weapons, it certainly could be applied to a helmet at GM's discretion. Also consider the 'Distinctive Style' Quality from Runner's Companion.

Alternately, Attitude has the 'Death Mask' respirator which has some of the stylistic elements you were looking for and War has the Ballistic Mask which can have vision modifications installed

Lich

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-04-12/1211:03> »
Distinctive Style... Do you think it would fit if, when he's not working and kitted out, he activily tries to hide the fact he is "Reaper Man"?

Think of him like a superhero (or villian, if you want to make moral judgements) that a few fixers around town have a phone number for if you want to hire him.

White_Knight

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-04-12/1314:09> »
It might work, Distinctive style certainly makes it easier for people to find out about you, but that is a double edged sword.