NEWS

O' fer the love of....Holy Hell!!?? She wants to what ?!

• 23 Replies

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-21-12/0128:21> »
To Wolfrider: Congratulations, I think....

As to that particular video being mentioned? It was faked. A rather disgusting fake, from what I have been told, but faked nonetheless.

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #16 on: <09-21-12/0157:22> »
I feel bad for your daughter. She may learn things that only years of therapy will cure. I am still bothered that my dad was watching Pulp Fiction.
Andrew Grim

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-21-12/0322:08> »
My friend's 13-year-old daughter plays in our Earthdawn campaign. Prior to that I hadn't played RPGs with anyone younger than college age, but many of my friends essentially grew up playing them with parents or older siblings. So yeah, kids can play RPGs.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #18 on: <09-21-12/0438:37> »
My friend's 13-year-old daughter plays in our Earthdawn campaign. Prior to that I hadn't played RPGs with anyone younger than college age, but many of my friends essentially grew up playing them with parents or older siblings. So yeah, kids can play RPGs.

Didn't say they couldn't, I was introduced to RPGs by my 4th grade teacher (good ol' red box D&D) as a way to help my reading and basic math skills (it worked spectacularly!)

My point is that Wolfe may be.... Uncomfortable with his daughter playing in the same group with him, listening in on his character's antics... And he may be uncomfortable with the antics his daughter's character gets up to...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-21-12/0736:37> »
Fair enough. Certainly most of us are willing to say and do things around our friends that we wouldn't be comfortable saying or doing around our family.

Warmachinez

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <09-21-12/0745:52> »
This is a tough one... PErsonally i cant wait for my bouy to be old enough to play D&D with me. But SHADOWRUN!  :o I dont know... It is definitaly a mature game, PG13 in my opinion... 

Then again, as others mentioned, it really depends on your child and who knows her better then you?

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Chaos? Lack of protection? Enemies lurking in the shadows? Sounds
to me like the fun’s just beginning. Sorry you’ll miss it, omae.
> Kane

wolfrider66

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <09-22-12/0913:25> »
OK, there are allot of posts here that are worried about age. My Daughter is 19 so whatever she hears or sees, she was brought up a brilliant, wise thinker and is ready to dismiss horsing around for what it is. Also she has been through allot and I doubt there is anything that will surprise her anymore than anyone else at the virtual table. My worry was that I would not GM as perfectly as she deserves. And as she knows me so well hiding plot features from her will be very difficult. She knows my poker face!. But like I said I got this......no really, I do.......really.
wolfrider66
"Make your own luck."

SwampFox

• Newb
  • This city is my Swamp, just try and dig me out.
« Reply #22 on: <09-22-12/1420:32> »
You're going to have to keep reminding yourself that she's not your little girl, she's just another player.  That's the only way to keep things fair.  Other than that, yeah, I think you probably do got this.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #23 on: <09-23-12/1244:20> »
hey wolf, has she come up with character idea yet? if not, i got a pretty good starter character for her, I've just been waiting for the right player to come along for the character
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget