« Reply #30 on: <10-11-12/0023:48> »
*Pounds back shot after shot for all the dead soldiers*
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <10-11-12/2339:01> »
Got to play it some this week.

There're a few things I'd like to change (The ability to take more rockets, even though they're Easy Mode), bigger squads, a second ship, easier access to tanks, but...

Sweet mama java, there's some goodness here. The music isn't quite as creepy as the old game, but then, what is? Aliens are creepy, there's a lot of stress about keeping your guys alive (You're playing Ironman, right? Reloading is for wimps. Take your lumps!) ... man. Onc eI figure out the correct budget, it'll be GOLDEN.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <10-12-12/0154:20> »
*Pounds back shot after shot for the blown up SHIVs*

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <10-12-12/0239:03> »
Do people actually use shivs? I can't bring myself to bother, in large part because presumably they don't rank up and as terrible as it is to say this, soldiers are cheap.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <10-12-12/0844:49> »
...and as terrible as it is to say this, soldiers are cheap.

"In the 30th Century, life is cheap, BattleMechs aren't."

Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #35 on: <10-12-12/1331:32> »
Do people actually use shivs? I can't bring myself to bother, in large part because presumably they don't rank up and as terrible as it is to say this, soldiers are cheap.
I use SHIVs for scouting mostly.  Before, I used recruits.  Also, SHIVs tend to put the hurt on a lot of stuff.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #36 on: <10-12-12/1637:46> »
And SHIVs can't be affected by psionics, so they're useful in mid- and late-game.

I'm just about done with my classic mode playthrough... then I'll be starting an ironman insanity mode.

I expect I'll need to restock my booze, and possibly acquire two or three black market replacement livers, after all the dead soldier shots in that one.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #37 on: <10-13-12/1225:41> »
Ha. Playing on Hard. Haven't lost a single one (skipped the tutorial because of this). I've just finished the first major mission (the one with the purple sectoid), and thanks to strategic decisions and/or pure luck, I've got two assault, one support, one heavy and one sniper maxed out. But the amount of time I've spent running around and capturing live ones... Well, I think that's the hard part, because killing them is so much fun. I'm expecting the game to put the hurt on me in a few moments, so it's time for a break...

And the game is good. Not great, but good. Like the last two instances of the UFO series (Aftershock and Afterlight i think)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <10-13-12/1245:41> »
Can shiv's rescue people in terror missions? That might give them a place ont he skyranger, otherwise I think i'll pass.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #39 on: <10-13-12/1253:35> »
Alloy SHIVs just won a place in my heart.

Mobile Cover!!!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Smeggles

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <10-23-12/0252:19> »
Can shiv's rescue people in terror missions? That might give them a place ont he skyranger, otherwise I think i'll pass.

Yes, sir they sure do! Additionally, they don't panic or get mind-controlled.

In my "try to break Classic Ironman" game I just finished a terror mission using 6 hover SHIVs.  It was pretty laughable, actually. 

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <11-17-12/0824:47> »
Planning to lose a significant amount of time to this game over the next week (Thanksgiving). :)

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #42 on: <11-17-12/0900:50> »
Good game!

They do the original justice, while keeping up with the times. I sank about 200 hours into so far..
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <11-18-12/0904:34> »
200 hours...oh my...this does not bode well... ;D

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #44 on: <11-18-12/2147:22> »
200 hours...oh my...this does not bode well... ;D

Indeed not. You might as well just allocate a portion of your remaining lifespan to it.  ;D
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.