NEWS

Wired Reflexes (DNI only) houserule?

• 17 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <01-26-15/2336:45> »
If a decker wants the extra speed that comes from VR, they make a tradeoff with their potential to take serious damage.  With these, you're getting rid of that risk and reward.
« Last Edit: <01-26-15/2357:50> by Namikaze »
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

pts

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <01-27-15/0551:26> »
I don't really agree with this premise. You can be competitive as a wared AR decker, but it's certainly expensive to try it. That doesn't mean that the AR wared decker is shat on. Just that there are trade-offs.
I think it's a lot harder to build a wared AR decker than just taking Magic D (Adept) Race D (Human), with BBC or ACC aviable for the rest. The adept would have his initiative at 4d6+x all the time, not just in AR, and can afford a good to great deck, cerebral boosters & equipment at the same time. Anyway, guess the ware option is more controversial than i thought, so adept it is.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-27-15/0553:55> »
Nothing wrong with a 'wared decker... just trying to make something that gets you what you wanted, without the drawbacks of established 'ware that would get you that.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor