NEWS

Shadowrun needs minis...

• 25 Replies

Aelavel

« Reply #15 on: <09-30-12/0704:56> »
need vehicles that are in somewhat in scale with the characters, using old school gen 1 transformers, but the scale is still off, lol

Ork_Adept_1970

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <10-04-12/0912:53> »
First, let me echo the chorus that SR needs its own official miniatures line.  I am sure that the fine folks at Catalyst have a lot on their plates, but I strongly believe a partnership with Reaper or another established manufacturer would be an awesome alliance.

Second, on the older Ral Partha line: some of the figures remain usable, but the majority suffer from a number of issues.  Scale is a big one.  They're 25/28mm when most modern minis have "evolved" up to around 32mm, and the differences in aesthetics are noticeable. Another issue is availability--they're not readily available in the distribution chain, and certain minis can only be had on eBay. Finally, and most important, the style of the game has moved on from these minis.  Hackers aren't deckers. Firearms have changed. Hell, even the fashions exhibited by the characters in the SR4A artwork look markedly different than the old line of minis.

Don't get me wrong--I love them, but they are quaint. I still use more than a few of them in my games, but SR4A deserves a slickly produced, modern line of miniatures.  I think Randall and the crew know this, but they're likely very busy as is, so we must wait. In the meantime, I'm still running games and I need minis, so I scratch together what I can.  If you feel so inclined, please check out my blog for some of my musings on SR4A and the miniatures I am using to run it.

Here's a handy link:

http://four-color-figures.blogspot.com/search/label/Shadowrun

Thanks for looking!

--S.
« Last Edit: <10-07-12/1738:45> by Ork_Adept_1970 »

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« Reply #17 on: <10-04-12/1914:55> »
I wish Catalyst would consider doing quality cardboard pawns, like the ones Paizo does for Pathfinder. http://paizo.com/pathfinder/pawns

They look great, they're incredibly cheap, and they don't take up much space.

Gardensnake

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <12-21-12/0109:35> »
The mini from the sketch I linked to earlier in this thread is now being previewed and is set for a January release. Not sure how I feel about the finished product. The face is throwing me off and I think the horns may be a bit big. Still, not a bad figure though and one I will still have to consider getting.

Link to preview

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/sku-down/50287#detail/50287_p_1_mj

William

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <12-21-12/0307:07> »
If you comissioned it, I should *hope* that you'll get one!

The face looks terribly *young*, tho.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #20 on: <12-21-12/0353:24> »
For the folks wanting minis (among other things)...http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2012/12/21/the-year-of-shadowrun/...I'll just leave this here.  ;)
« Last Edit: <12-21-12/0610:29> by Critias »

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #21 on: <12-21-12/0402:05> »
For the folks wanting minis...http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2012/12/21/the-year-of-shadowrun/...I'll just leave this here.

My jaw just hit the ground... I think I may be in shock.... wow!

Shadowrun 5th ed...

Relic Knights are really, really, really cool minis,  Very, very excited!!!!
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <12-21-12/0705:51> »
Very interested to see where the minis game goes.  CMON has been extremely successful at launching/publishing those games listed, but in each case, there was a different company behind the design/sculpting.  I'm very curious to see who will be doing the actual sculpting and such.  I was pretty impressed with the work Ross did w/ FFG...again, very curious.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <12-21-12/1054:10> »
Relic Knights are really, really, really cool minis,  Very, very excited!!!!

There are a few *really* good ones in the RelicKnights lineup that made me toss some money at them.

The Black Diamond figures were things I saw and went "Shadowrun!" right off the bat, while the repair drone for the racing team can easily be repurposed as a combat drone of some kind. Most of the rest, not so much, but there's always a couple of salvageable figures.

But that Black Diamond mini-tank is gonna be soooo useful...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #24 on: <12-21-12/1129:55> »
I am infact much more interrested in that Hostile Takeover...
If that means there is something like Arkham Horror or BSG comming down the Shadowrun alley, I think I need to change my underwear. right now. Ive never played or seen that Lords of Waterdeep so Im not sure if it is the same category...

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <12-21-12/1155:51> »
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile