NEWS

New Player, Commlink question

• 17 Replies

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <08-03-12/0758:11> »
Ok, so my character has the following

A cybernetic Comlink, with Hot sim mod (Real comlink, keep it turned off normaly)
AR Gloves
Contact Lenses (3) with Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink
Control Rig
Datajack (W/Fiberoptic Cable)

A second Comlink (PoC comlink, it runs live normaly)

What would I still need to use both comlinks?

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <08-03-12/1015:27> »
Alright guys, thanks a whole bunch for the information I guess I'm all set now!  Can't wait to start running the shadows with ya'll!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <08-03-12/1103:38> »
Ok, so my character has the following

A cybernetic Comlink, with Hot sim mod (Real comlink, keep it turned off normaly)
AR Gloves
Contact Lenses (3) with Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink
Control Rig
Datajack (W/Fiberoptic Cable)

A second Comlink (PoC comlink, it runs live normaly)

What would I still need to use both comlinks?

You don't have any audio output for your non-implanted comlink, such as earbuds. You'll also want a subvocal microphone, for audio input. Although if your second comlink also had a sim module (a legal cold-sim one, to maintain your cover) then you get AR through your datajack without needing any other device.

Since you have Direct Neural Interface to both comlinks (the implanted one and the one connected by datajack), I'm not sure you need AR gloves at all. You should be able to "think" any command you want to give in AR.

Better get Skinlink for everything that's not implanted, so they can all communicate without creating wireless traffic that others can detect.

Since you're getting cyberware anyway, you might want to consider getting cybereyes and cyberears instead of contacts lenses and earbuds. They're not very expensive in nuyen or essence, but they can fit a ton of cool stuff, including everything your contacts do and then some. Having every vision and hearing mod can be quite useful.