NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #3345 on: <01-16-16/2033:37> »
>>>>>[Im following my job bub. Your claim is noted. I should warn you that your claim will how no impact on my career when this is all over. Oh ps.

This is the girl. Like her hair.]

-- Scatter the victim in this scenario Predator! IM THE VICTIM!
(Is this the Krusty Krab?/No this is patrick.)
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3346 on: <01-16-16/2327:07> »
>>>>>[Well, for those that don't know, I follow Shark. Shark is the Destroyer, the Death that comes to claim the weak and the injured, so that those that remain are stronger for his passing. When I kill, I make it quick, clean, and without suffering. I do not kill mindlessly or without purpose, but I show no mercy to those who meet my blade in combat. Any that fall to my blades were too weak to live, and one day I, too, will prove too weak. This is not a thought I relish, but one that I am at peace with. One day I will be just a little too slow, and then Shark will come for me.

And yes, Vexboy, I'm helping you even though I know you were Star. If you ask around about me, you'll find that I spent some time on the bright (ok, less dark) side of the shadows myself. We all have our reasons for being here. Some chose this life. Some were born into it. Some were cast out for offenses real or imagined. And so on. If you allow your distrust of, say, all former corpsec to prevent you from joining a team with them, then you will find yourself running with very few friends and limited options.

Also, I did make several grand off that transaction myself, just as a middleman.

Scatter, one should be careful not to show one's ignorance. You may be hot stuff in your little corner of the Matrix, but reputation is key. A reputation for doing the things you've done in this conversation will get you blacklisted, if you're lucky. If you're less lucky, you may find that you piss off people who either have the chops in the Matrix or the material world to find you and make your life miserable, or know other people who owe them favors that do. If you're really unlucky, someone decides that turning you in for a bounty is easy money. I believe MCT still needs TMs for their garden, for instance.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (23:26:23/01-16-78)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #3347 on: <01-17-16/0015:27> »
>>>>>[All will be revealed once the job is over.]<<<<<
     -- Scatter (They said I could be anything/So I became a timestamp)

>>>>>[You coward. So the rest of the run you'll be on matrix duty huh?! I don't buy that shit! We have at least a week before we go and you better believe that when this job is over that you and I will have words! Edit: THAT ASSHOLE HACKED MY TIMESTAMP!]<<<<<
     -- Vexboy (All will be revealed.../If you live that is...)

>>>>>[I am telling you that this is for a reason. Don't blame me. I rather like you Vexboy. I think I shall start thinking of ways to prove it. Ps. im not gonna post the image but whats with file name EQ? I mean is it because you like moon horses or....?]<<<<<

--Scatter (One does not simply edit their timestamp/No really. This is hard. I don't know who the sysop is but their security is impressive.)
« Last Edit: <01-17-16/0023:26> by Raiderjoseph »
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3348 on: <01-17-16/0046:14> »
>>>>>[He's drawn attention to himself now. I'm on the scent at this point. I may be primarily a shooter on jobs, but I have matrix chops.]<<<<<
      -- Predator (00:44:59/01-17-2078)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3349 on: <01-17-16/0306:28> »
>>>>>[How is it you say here in UCAS, "Anyone got some popcorn?"?]<<<<<
      -- Kitsune (01:23:12/01-17-2078)
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3350 on: <01-17-16/0426:44> »
>>>>>[ It's psychopaths like you that give technomancers a bad name, 'Scatter'.  You either leave the victim fixation behind, or you die.  I'm kind of surprised you aren't dead already.  Blue your lines, zen with the DR, get balanced, whatever you need to do, but self-level, or people will make sure you're leveled.  You keep messing with Bull's node, I'll black your res, flip your sprites, and cause your brain to autoformat purely out of courtesy for the man.
          Settle down or get settled. ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (04:24:00/01-17-2078)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3351 on: <01-17-16/0645:16> »
>>>>>[ I concur with the previous replies here.  You only break into systems because it's your job, not because you can.  If you start doing that, you will end up pissing off someone who has no sense of humour and who will try to get you back.  And you never fuck over your teammates that way.  When I work with a new team, I do look at their defenses, but I just analyse them, I don't break in.  That's something that every hacker and techno should do, so you can tell your teammates to upgrade their defenses.  Some people have no sense of danger when it comes to the matrix, which is strange as we had it and systems like it for quite some time now.  You think people would have learned by now. ]<<<<<
          -- Black Panther (12:45:31/01-17-2078)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3352 on: <01-17-16/0918:13> »
>>>>>[You need to remember that back in the early 2060s, we didn't have to worry about all this wireless stuff. It definitely has its ups and downs, but I think there are more downs than there are ups.]<<<<<
      -- Predator (09:15:11/01-17-2078)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #3353 on: <01-17-16/0924:31> »
>>>>>[Thanks everyone... Also im not prejeduced against ec star for the record. People have been prejeduced against me. So i was worried. Anyway... he uh... he is still on my commlink. But I cant track him down. The worst part is now I think he is STALKING ME. I think I may have done something to him at some point. I dunno. But I wanna handle this. I appricate the help Predator but I am settling this myself. That asshole underestimates what a shadowrun with an advanced knowledge of criminal psychology can really do.]<<<<<
   -- (09:23:56/01-17-78)
Thoughts
Mentor

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3354 on: <01-17-16/0927:14> »
>>>>>[Reboot the device. That should dump him.]<<<<<
      -- Predator (09:25:24/01-17-2078)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3355 on: <01-17-16/0943:57> »
>>>>>[You need to remember that back in the early 2060s, we didn't have to worry about all this wireless stuff. It definitely has its ups and downs, but I think there are more downs than there are ups.]<<<<<
      -- Predator (09:15:11/01-17-2078)

>>>>>[That complicates matters a bit, but in my opinion not by all that much.  The same principle that applied back then for your home system, just to give an example, still counts.  Get a very high firewall and a good analyse program.  Add a small script that defines how your analyse program should behave and you can keep all but the most determined hackers out.  But it still amazes me that there are still people out there who have firewalls I can pilot a T-bird through.  Very nice in your adversaries, but I don't tolerate it with my team mates.  Luckily I'm with a semi-permanent team and I educated them. ]<<<<<
      -- black Panther (15:44:01/01-17-2078)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #3356 on: <01-17-16/1007:34> »
>>>>>[Of course as soon as you say reboot the device he vanishes. He stole all my One Piece stuff too! It took me FOREVER to track down all those manga scans. I gotta get back to work.]<<<<<

-- Vexboy (10:06:28/01-17-78)
Thoughts
Mentor

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3357 on: <01-17-16/1012:20> »
>>>>>[He fragged with the wrong people. Drawing The Wyrm's ire is not conducive to a long life.]<<<<<
      -- Predator (10:09:44/01-17-2078)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #3358 on: <01-17-16/1035:58> »
>>>>>[ It's psychopaths like you that give technomancers a bad name, 'Scatter'.  You either leave the victim fixation behind, or you die.  I'm kind of surprised you aren't dead already.  Blue your lines, zen with the DR, get balanced, whatever you need to do, but self-level, or people will make sure you're leveled.  You keep messing with Bull's node, I'll black your res, flip your sprites, and cause your brain to autoformat purely out of courtesy for the man.
          Settle down or get settled. ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (04:24:00/01-17-2078)

*Scatter sends the following PM to The Wyrm Ouroboros http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23143.0
Thoughts
Mentor

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3359 on: <01-17-16/1214:36> »
>>>>>[Vexboy, here's Matrix Security for Non-Hackers 101. Whenever you think someone's screwing with your 'link, reboot immediately. Even if you don't think that, reboot often (every few hours), just in case. Have diagnostic software running to catch potential hacks in process. If you can afford it, carry multiple commlinks, each under a different identity: one on silent for work, one running in the open for walking around, like a civilian would. Remember, with enough time and effort, NOTHING is unhackable. The only question is whether someone can get in and out without getting caught. Devices are tools. Learn to use them, but do not depend on them to the point where you cannot function without them. If you have implants (especially cybereyes or cyberlimbs or the like) get the best link you can afford. Nothing sucks more than having your eyes cut out during combat.]<<<<<

--Kusanagi Motoko (12:14:23/01-17-78)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Register