NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Maddoux1

• Chummer
« Reply #2670 on: <08-19-13/0701:55> »
>>>>>[Well, today's the day.  Lets see what this compound has in store, and how much its worth.  I'm going to see about getting a backdoor set up, if there's anything y'all want me to look for on your behalf, let me know.]<<<<<

--C.E. (6:01:19/08-19-2075)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2671 on: <08-19-13/1106:51> »
>>>>>[Well, I'm not sure about that, Wolfgar. Other than Deus, the rest of the big three were able to hide their presence for years (decades, in the case of Mirage), operating without the shadows (to say nothing of the world at large) having any clue of their existence besides urban legends on the matrix. There is a difference in the level of power you display, and the level of power you may have access too, after all. If they were still lurking on the matrix somewhere, how would you know them from any other AI or Persona if they changed their icon and used a different name? And if we are talking about 'backups' in the Resonance Realms, those may very well be just as powerful as the big three were at their height.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (11:06:23/08-19-75)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Snake Eyes

• Chummer
  • I am the Matrx
« Reply #2672 on: <08-19-13/1500:54> »
>>>>>[Hey Wolfgar, tell the guys hey for me, i'll be down here in florida for a while longer.......helping the family out....the parents run a small cafe called Belladonnas, if you happen to head this way, stop by and we'll feed you......and bring the guys along too....

BTW, if you need any extra muscle, give me a holler]<<<<<

--Dead Eye (14:01:05/08-19-75)
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2673 on: <08-19-13/1506:21> »
>>>>>[I'm on back up, as promised, if you need it C.E.]<<<<<

--Chrona (20:05:19/08-19-2075)

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #2674 on: <08-20-13/1855:06> »
>>>>>[Okay, seriously?  I mean what the frag do you mean this is the only place I can reach on my 'link?  WHAT?!  Who does this guy think he is?  Um, okay, point.  He wants me to what?  Whaddya mean this thing's on right now?

Um, right.  Seems after this crazy fragger kills my buddies, well, okay, not really my buddies, more like a gang holding my kid sister hostage to get some mojo on their side.....  Either way, after killing everyone in the gang's hideout, and offering me a chance to join the Catholic church, or undergoing his little "test"(like dropping a kid from the streets in the middle of the fraggin' forest with only a map, a compass, a pistol and a couple boxes of ammo is much of a test..) I picked option b, and it seems he got somebody to mod my 'link so I can only connect here....  His assistant wants me to learn from some of the older guys on here, for whatever that's worth.  Frankly, I'd just be happy if one of you fraggers could tell me who this Ooath guy is, and why, I'd appreciate it.]<<<<<
     -- Siouxsie (17:52:21/08-20-75)

>>>>>[What the frag?!?!  That ain't my fraggin' name!]<<<<<
     -- Siouxsie (17:53:02/08-20-75)
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #2675 on: <08-20-13/2357:10> »
>>>>>[Like a naked baby in the woods! Hahaha!]<<<<<
     -- Smiley (23:57:06/09-20-75)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #2676 on: <08-21-13/0813:50> »
>>>>>[Not....Quite.....]<<<<<
     -- Siouxsie (07:13:25/08-21-75)
« Last Edit: <08-21-13/0843:00> by Silence »
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2677 on: <08-21-13/1825:19> »
>>>>>[If you can't even change your login name, then yeah, that's disrespectful to the naked baby.]<<<<<

--Kusanagi Motoko (18:24:22/08-21-75)

My Characters

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #2678 on: <08-21-13/1828:16> »
>>>>>[Siouxsie, start looking for a clearing, i have your location and a Skraacha LAV should be around you shortly to pick you up and bring you back into the city.]<<<<<

--Wolfgar  (17:27:32/08-21-75)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #2679 on: <08-21-13/1843:24> »
>>>>>[Siouxsie, start looking for a clearing, i have your location and a Skraacha LAV should be around you shortly to pick you up and bring you back into the city.]<<<<<

--Wolfgar  (17:27:32/08-21-75)

>>>>>[Wait, what?  How are you getting a signal out there?  I WALKED back.*laughter in the background*What so fraggin' funny, and why does this thing keep saying frag when I say frag?
*takes a few audible breaths*
Great.  Looks like he had a couple hacker buddies play with my 'link.  Maybe I shouldn't have told the guy to lick me from sack to crack.  Offer's appreciated, though.]<<<<<
     --Siouxsie (17:43:24/08-1-75)
« Last Edit: <08-21-13/1940:34> by Silence »

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #2680 on: <08-21-13/2112:37> »
>>>>>[Um, Wolfgar?  That Uath guy asked if you could pick up a bag of coffee beans if you're going to keep following that signal.  I think that means you might want to stop.]<<<<<
     --Siouxsie(20:12:30 /08-1-75)

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #2681 on: <08-22-13/1756:07> »
>>>>>[Don't worry Souix, I naped the area when i saw that you weren't there, I'm going to send you a location so that you can meet with one of my people and get a clean link with an access to Jackpoint on it. If you dont see an Elf that looks like she just stepped out of an old flatvid anime, dont answer anyone else asking for you.]<<<<<
[2mp file transfered]
--Wolfgar  (16:55:42/08-22-75)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Maddoux1

• Chummer
« Reply #2682 on: <08-22-13/2300:27> »
>>>>>[Ok, so whomever mentioned the possibility of "The Hive" in conjunction with my run... I hate you.  I don't *think* that there was an actual hive there, but things went so sour I had to bail for a while.  Human sacrifices, obviously, and tons of bugs crawling over the walls on the second level of a fraggin' mine.  Decided not to poke around down there yet, got my ass handed to me by a twisted Spirit of Man, then dumpshocked out of my drone.

But here's the question I have for y'all.  Why would someone go to the effort of faking a plane crash?  The body was there, crashed into the mountain, but the engine and everything *valuable* had been stripped prior to the crash.  No bodies.  Ran the identification numbers, it was scrapped after retirement (theoretically).  No plane crashes in the area (according to the news), so it wasn't to fake any deaths...]<<<<<

--C.E. (22:00:18/08-22-2075)

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #2683 on: <08-23-13/0324:35> »
>>>>>[Thanks Wolfgar. Give me a bit to figure out when to slip out, and I'll get there.  Might be a bit, though.

And C.E, faking a plane crash is a good way to disappear people.  I just got a lesson on that.  Nobody expect to see many recognizable body parts, which means that you can say random burnt hunk of meat A is the remains of this guy, and Hunk B is that chick.  Kinda fragged up lesson plan there, when I think about it.]<<<<<
     --Siouxsie(02:24:30/08-23-75)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2684 on: <08-23-13/0812:40> »
>>>>>[Faking a plane crash is, as Siouxsie said, a great way to fake someone's death, or disguise a corpse so that it can't be identified. However, if you were able to tell that the plane had been stripped before the crash, then they clearly did a horrible job of faking it. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a corp suit who wanted to disappear (or make someone disappear), and had seen a few too many trids, but didn't have the funds or connections to hire a competent team for the extraction.

As for the magic, I've got good news and bad news for you. Good news? You're probably not dealing with insect spirits, unless that Spirit of Man was a free spirit. 'Normal' spirits and insect spirits do NOT get along, for the most part. Anyone capable of summoning bugs would have tried to clean out any other kinds of spirit near the hive. That's the good news. Bad news? You're almost certainly dealing with blood mages, and some really fragged up stuff too. The twisted spirit and the bugs crawling everywhere tell me this isn't a one-time thing, but something that's been going on for a while. Abnormal concentrations or behaviors in animals and insects can be the sign of either real high level magic, or a particular brand of magic performed in an area over time, so that there is a background count aspected that way. If you go back in, forget regular or ExEx ammo, use nothing but APDS or SnS. That's your best bet for dealing with spirits while using drones. Even then, you're going to be in big trouble.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (08:11:23/08-23-75)

My Characters