NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Morg

« Reply #1755 on: <05-17-12/2008:14> »
>>>>>[Someone send him the number of a good joygirl to go with his Synth-Bourbon.]<<<<<

--Morg (20:05:31/05-17-74)

>>>>>[From what I hear you could use the number yourself kid.]<<<<<

--Shadowrider (20:08:31/05-17-74)

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #1756 on: <05-17-12/2021:13> »
>>>>>[Heres a joke for you Shadowrider. Guy kills people for a living and leave no trace except a business card. Inspector, a good man of morals, has enough after his third case without any leads. Through some contacts, Inspector discover Guy is behind them all but has no proof, only hearsay. Guy gets arrested a couple of times but proves too cunning. Guy also have an incredible lawyer and connections in high places. Boss Inspector decides to take Inspector out of the equation but Guy convince him not to. Guy decide to have fun instead at Inspector's expense and seduce Miss Inspector. This goes for months. Inspector tries to pinch Guy and Guy sleeps with Miss Inspector. But Guy suddenly has the need to tie up loose ends so he ask Boss Inspector if it's still okay to get rid of Inspector. Boss Inspector says yes. So Guy kills Inspector and destroy the body then goes to his house to sleep with Miss Inspector.

Funny story isn't it? Hilarious! Hahaha! Well, your first mistake Mister Shadowrider, is to presume I play the part of a monster. Your second was to assume I became like this somewhere on the way. Morality is a tool to control and predict the weak. Morality is essentially weakness. I'm no weakling. I'm free of any attachment, nobody can have leverage over me (well not anymore). I take what I want and when I want. I use cold and calculated logic to rule my actions, not morality. I also happen to love irony and I tend to integrate it a lot in my actions. Even geniuses and madmen have to have some fun afterall.

The world is the biggest and best joke of all. I keep telling people, they don't seem to get it.]<<<<<
       -- Smiley (20:20:19/05-17-74)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1757 on: <05-17-12/2030:39> »
>>>>>[Smiley, have you ever met a Chiroptera Changeling?]<<<<<
       -- Chrona (00:38:31/05-17-74)

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1758 on: <05-17-12/2059:47> »
>>>>>[Someone send him the number of a good joygirl to go with his Synth-Bourbon.]<<<<<

--Morg (20:05:31/05-17-74)

>>>>>[From what I hear you could use the number yourself kid.]<<<<<

--Shadowrider (20:08:31/05-17-74)

>>>>>[He's got ya there Morg . But Shadowrider mon. Respect I have for everything but once the buggies 'infest' the subject it be buggie not human anymore...no. Same with SHedim the shell is huamn or metahuman but the inside is nasty. ]<<<<<

--Marak (20:59:31/05-17-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought
Hello mon come on and letd get dis party started no

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1759 on: <05-17-12/2128:26> »
>>>>>[ You people should go look in your favorite dictionary for the definition of 'sociopath'.  It'll have Smiley's face next to it.  Or at least it should; if it doesn't, check again in five minutes after my wee electronic friends have finished editing.
          And here's the most amusing thing, Smiley -- every single individual in the history of the human race who has felt the same way as you in regards to morality has specifically failed to advance the species.  So though you may 'succeed' for yourself, in the long run it's true -- evil does always lose. ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (09:30:00/05-17-2074)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Morg

« Reply #1760 on: <05-17-12/2138:22> »
>>>>>[I was speaking of metahumans. Marak, show no mercy to the darkness, but hold tight the dimness inside you. Ouroboros do you know a down town Jazz Club called Tula's, It has been around forever. Why don't you come on by and share a few drinks, we'll see if we know each other]<<<<<

-- Shadowrider (21:38:15/05-17-74)

« Last Edit: <05-17-12/2140:38> by Morg »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1761 on: <05-17-12/2144:00> »
>>>>>[When I tangle with toxics, shedim, or insects, the words 'extreme prejudice' tend to be used a lot. And, no offense to Chrona, the same goes for the Infected when they think I'd make a good meal. Got no problem with the Infected that still have their mind, but the moment they start thinking of me as lunch, then no more Mister Nice Shark.

As for blood mages, that's different. They use their own blood for things, or that of willing dupes, I don't care, so long as they aren't using that mojo on me. But the Azzies take that to whole new lows.

On that note, Wyrm, the DF want us to publish what we found to the Matrix. Shadowland may be dead, but they said that the 'spirit' of the bequest was to let the world know what was there. So they want us to put it up on the Nexus, and on any other data haven or runner board we have access to. We're still working up the report, trying to do it in a way that won't get us or our team killed. So unless your backers can match or better the bequest...]<<<<<

--Iceblade (21:43:23/05-17-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #1762 on: <05-17-12/2217:33> »
>>>>>[Can't say that I have Chrona. If I did, I wouldn't have been able to keep myself from singing 'Nananananan BATMAN!'.

And be quick people! Pics of me don't tend to last very long on the trix! Hahaha! Oh I'm not trying to advance the specie at all. I am content with how things are. I let the other megalomaniacs and self-righteous assholes do that. And it would be a big assumption to say the specie is "advancing" or that it ever needed advancement. Nazis in WWII never advanced medical science by experimenting on mostly jewish prisoners. We also all know that all the advancement and breakthroughs Corporations brings on the market are all based on perfectly ethical research. Hahaha! Truly though, all this doesn't even matter. Advancement is a word that means something different for everyone who is using it.

But you are right, "evil" always lose but don't fool yourself because "good" never wins either. Every routed evil is always replaced by another one most often than not even worse.]<<<<<
       -- Smiley (22:17:43/05-17-74)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1763 on: <05-18-12/0129:07> »
>>>>>[ Oh yes, of course, Smiley.  You're right.  We are still squatting in caves and bashing at each other with sticks - literally.  We don't have a lifespan beyond 40 years, or can be cured of infections.  Sorry, I must be living in some kind of delusion.
          Oh, wait.
          Don't imagine for a single shake of a lamb's tail that that outlook of yours has a single redeeming value.  I expect you have no belief in heaven or hell, but having known and interviewed plenty of people with your psychology, I know that you don't need to.  You're already living in what you think of is hell.
          As a note to your apprentice - Autumn, if you've any wisdom at all, you'll leave.  With, by preference, his head in a plastic bag and the body not, but that's up to you.  There are other people, as good at what he does or better, who can train you - if that is really what you want to do with your life.
          Shadowrider, I know it.  Hard to get to for me just now, though; it's a long way for drinks with a stranger.  Drop me a private line if you're that curious.
          And you didn't tell me that information, Rakhi.  She says she has no issue with the information being published, but would care to talk about ... timing.  And other details, which are beyond me.  She offers information for information -- which, all sources considered, I'd suggest you take her up on.  The DF isn't likely to supply that sort of thing any more, unless Walter's gotten a lot more loquacious than I remember him being.
          Well, okay, that's a fib.  He was always talkative-pompous, he just didn't actually tell you much.  You've met him; do you think Wordsmith would give you a leg up?
          In any case, she'd still like a meeting, present her request and offer, that kind of thing.  Madrecita, you too. ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (01:30:00/05-18-2074)
Pananagutan & End/Line

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1764 on: <05-18-12/0156:39> »
>>>>>[Some advancements have come from...regrettable...sources, true, but so long as the more heinous acts aren't completely forgotten, and the results are used for beneficial purposes, at least some good has come from those acts.]<<<<<
       -- Predator (00:55:28/05-18-2074)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Keita

• Omae
  • Between darkness and light.
« Reply #1765 on: <05-18-12/0312:50> »
>>>>>[ Oh, no need to apologise, Miri. Business is business, and I had some of my own to take care of. I've heard of that place. The shifter I'm training knows it well, and goes there often. I was going to suggest we go there myself.

Shadowrider, you're right. The toxics and blood mages were not always like that. But in order to be a toxic or a blood mage, you have to choose to be. I found myself faced with exactly that choice in '61, when I had to choose between defeat and sacrificing a team-mate. Yes, circumstances force them to choose, but in the end, they do choose to be what they are. I could so have been one of them...but I chose not to be. Those black arts do twist you and wring decency from you. They are what they are now, not what they were in the past. When a crazed ghoul runs at you, intent on feeding, do you stop to question what they once were? No. You shoot to kill based on what he is now. And I for one won't mourn.

People are what they are. You can take them or leave them. Smiley may well be a sociopath. It doesn't much matter to me as he is still a person I value.

Wyrm...that wasn't the deal. The deal was, we plant your little devices, andf make known to you what we find. In return, you give us details of how to get in, and as compensation in the monetary sense, we collect that bequest. I'm reluctant to meet with someone I don't know, especially if it's coming from you. But...ifformation for information does give us a basis for opening talks. But we pick the place and time. ]<<<<<
       -- Madrecita (03:14:31/05-18-74)
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1766 on: <05-18-12/0420:47> »
>>>>>[ Little Mother, neither I nor my employer has need of the now-11,636,762.55¥ or so of the bequest, presuming they invested it securely (at 1.25%, compounded quarterly) and it didn't get trashed by Jormungand.  Again, she offers information in order for you to delay the claiming of the bequest, in order for ... people to finish acting on the information your assistance has gained for us, as well as acting on the results of looking behind that door.
          It is hoped that by the time the information you provide is made public, the issue against what you discovered will be decided, do you see? ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (04:20:30/05-18-2074)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1767 on: <05-18-12/0448:33> »
>>>>>[The will strikes again.<<<<<
       -- Chrona (09:48:31/05-17-74)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1768 on: <05-18-12/0707:57> »
>>>>>[I have had the pleasure of meeting the Wordsmyth, as well as the Laughing Man, and the Orange Queen, and I agree that they are not much more communicative in person than they are in the old Shadowland SIGs. If Xerena agrees, then information for information, and a delay in our publication is acceptable. We choose the time and place.

If all are agreed, then 19:00 at the Black Dragon Tavern in Tarislar. Security will be provided courtesy of the Laesa.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (07:07:23/05-18-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1769 on: <05-18-12/0710:39> »
>>>>>[Bring your own wine, heh.]<<<<<
       -- Chrona (12:10:31/05-17-74)