NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Morg

« Reply #1665 on: <04-27-12/0815:33> »
>>>>>[Learning from a spirit can be quite unsettling as well. It turns your head downside  about so many things, to them the unreal was always real]<<<<<

--Morg (08:16:52/04-27-74)

Morg

« Reply #1666 on: <04-27-12/1032:23> »
>>>>>[Hey Delir or anyone I need help here, What do you guys know about..um.."The Effect of the Awakening on Ultra Post-Modernism" by Dr. Ashly Simmons and "The Limitations of Hermetic Rationalism In Thaumaturgy" by David Young Oak...I am out of my depth]<<<<<

--Morg (10:32:21/04-27-74)
« Last Edit: <04-27-12/1040:36> by Morg »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1667 on: <04-27-12/1047:31> »
>>>>>[Limitations my hoop. Hermetic is FINE.]<<<<<

--Chrona (15:46:21/04-27-74)

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1668 on: <04-27-12/1207:32> »
>>>>>[Morg mon gettin others to do your homework again. tsk tsk. .]<<<<<

--Marak (12:06:21/04-27-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought
Hello mon come on and letd get dis party started no

Morg

« Reply #1669 on: <04-27-12/1417:02> »
>>>>>[The files are huge chummer and I get they wrote it in English but I don't scan the lingo....Oh info i got dumpster diving free of charge. if anyone knows a Blue Moon by the handle Cdr. A. Jensen someone is planning to give him a case of cement poisoning by the end of the week, help him out if you can the world needs more of them]<<<<<

--Morg (14:17:21/04-27-74)
« Last Edit: <04-27-12/1418:34> by Morg »

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1670 on: <04-27-12/2144:25> »
>>>>>[The files are huge chummer and I get they wrote it in English but I don't scan the lingo....Oh info i got dumpster diving free of charge. if anyone knows a Blue Moon by the handle Cdr. A. Jensen someone is planning to give him a case of cement poisoning by the end of the week, help him out if you can the world needs more of them]<<<<<

--Morg (14:17:21/04-27-74)

>>>>>[Where and when ?? Guess its time to go to work. Get my mind off buggies mon and  Spam ....eesh ]<<<<<

--Marak (21:37:21/04-27-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Neo Strider

• Newb
  • Old Man Strider
« Reply #1671 on: <04-28-12/0202:53> »
>>>>>[Hrm, almost time to head to my 'day job'. Some pups are talking about real business though, could be interesting.... ]<<<<<

--Neo Strider (01:01:30/04-28-74)
There's no retirement home for old runners chummers. remember that.

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1672 on: <04-29-12/1609:07> »
>>>>>[Hrm, did Neo just call me a pup mon? Is that a derogatory term or just another way of callin me a newbie or greenhorn mon? Hey does anyone know of any dojo or gym in the barrens where I can train??]<<<<<

--Marak (16:09:30/04-28-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #1673 on: <04-29-12/2320:46> »
>>>>>[Was going for the newbie version of it. Wasn't directed to you I think, but more towards who he was actually around in meatspace, as dem hackers call it. I'd offer to lend you mine for some scratch, but I'm not actually in Seattle right now. I'm just about to pass into LA trying to deliver a message to one of the other Tong bosses from on high. May or may not be a big meet up happening soon, for anyone looking to do some body guard work, though I can't confirm it. Call it a gut feeling, but if it does happen, the pay will be pretty good, I think.

That, and my gym may be a little too heavy weight for you, Marak. Its set up for some heavy duty electricity and adept action. If Murphy wasn't busy, I bet he could've pointed you in a decent direction, being raised in those parts.]<<<<<

-- Card (20:19:30/04-29-74
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1674 on: <04-30-12/0739:52> »
>>>>>[Card I am an adept mon. Or are my kind of adept not considered one. Just kidding Card]<<<<<

-- Marak (07:39:30/04-29-74
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Morg

« Reply #1675 on: <05-01-12/0041:41> »
>>>>>[Scan this chummers I'm learning to make ZOMBIES how wizzer is that!..Oh  a P.I. in LA has been pulling a "Remington Steel" the paydata available on demand and hey Delir what's the drink of choice at the Phoenix Inn?]<<<<<

-- Morg (00:42:30/05-01-74)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1676 on: <05-01-12/0147:30> »
>>>>>[Oh wow, this site lets you log in with a cyberdeck!  OK folks, sorry I was offline for a bit, had to make sure I wasn't followed or tracked to a bolt hole of Grandpa Murphy's.  It's in some kind of mana dead zone apparently, so I can't be tracked that way.  Supposedly.  I've tried to read up on this, but the number of conflicting information just made my head hurt.  Uncle Murphy understood it better, I think.

I was leading team two, hired by Mr. Money who was leading team one (I was tired of the political BS too, and wanted the cred that was offered), but our recon of the area was bad.  By a factor of ten.  That's our own recon, Mr. Johnson's (The guy who hired Mr. Money) was off by a factor of 27.  (Um, 27.542 I estimate, for those that care.).  We knew it was an Ant Spirit...  Hive?  Nest?  Whatever is appropriate.  Anyhow, we had a bunch of toys Mr. Money said was extensively tested by Bug Hunting Experts he knew personally, including a bunch of drones that we disconnected the wireless on.  Some were so old they used the old wireless rigger system.  Programmed them with a "Fiber-Squid", some kind of weird fiber optic line I've never seen before.

Well, we didn't have enough.  We were pulling out, carrying our dead with us as we went red on ammo.  Luckily, our reserves, a couple of Black Knight Drones set up with our Biometrics as friendly, and to shoot the drek out of everything else.  Shoot and scoot.  It was at that point that we noticed that the ants were too well organized, like they knew our positions.  Turns out they had a Technomancer who got gobbled up and turned into some kind of ant thing or something like that, and we had Ant Sprites eating away at our 'links.  Mr. Money noticed it when it hit his...  Virtual Box, I think he called it?  New term for me, I'm looking it up now.

Anyhow, once again, Mr. Iceblade, I have to thank you for that axe.  The blade wasn't as good against the Ant's as I'd hoped, but the spike went right through the chitin just fine, and the screaming boosted the morale of the troops when we needed it most!  Honestly, you've done me a major solid with it, so I owe you.  Call in the chit when you need it.

That said, thirty down the hole, eight up.  And, um, most of them didn't look like they were going to make it.  Mr. Money is in the hands of DocWagon again so I'm not worried about him.  But the rest...  Just Luck Of The Irish that I didn't get hurt at all.  That, and a big fraggin' axe.

Anyhow, Mr. Money had a back-up plan for even a drek-up like this.  The nastiest bug killer in large amounts, and some bangalores that dropped the roof down.  You could see the ants try to get out, and be used as target practice by the Metroplex Guard.]<<<<<
     -- Murphy (01:28:55/05-01-74)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1677 on: <05-01-12/0235:22> »
>>>>>[As far as I know, any technomancer converted to the bugs would lose contact with the Resonance. However, there are instances of people who SURGEd with insectlike features. I do not believe that would affect the flow of the Resonance.]<<<<<

--Kusanagi Motoko (02:27:34/05-01-74)

>>>>>[Yeah, any blade in the hands of a mundane isn't going to do much to a spirit. But it does more than unloading a clip that simply bounces off the spirit's hide. Don't worry, kid, I'll be sure to call in the favor when I need a hand. But until then, do the world a favor and smack the next ignorant punk who says they don't have to worry about melee if they have a big gun. I've seen that kind of attitude before in young runners, and it tends to end up in dead runners. I'll make exception for more 'support' types, like the hacker or rigger that stays back away from the fighting. But everyone else? At least learn to dodge a punch, and give one in return!]<<<<<

--Iceblade (02:35:02/05-01-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1678 on: <05-01-12/0819:19> »
>>>>>[Scan this chummers I'm learning to make ZOMBIES how wizzer is that!..Oh  a P.I. in LA has been pulling a "Remington Steel" the paydata available on demand and hey Delir what's the drink of choice at the Phoenix Inn?]<<<<<

-- Morg (00:42:30/05-01-74)

>>>>>[Morg Your doing what?!!..Holy <zzzt> Iceblade? <zzzt> I think I found out I do have killing hands!! And to whoever sent these human cockroach buggies to my door your gettin them back mushed mon!!!! Ok dis is now startin to feel personal . What did I do to Ares mon....Hold da phone dis one has Azzie emblems....oh dis mean its bigger dan ppl thought ! Morg infopacket at drop 3 !! Ppl need to know this. I be like dat ol flat trid show Billy de Exterminator mon. Damn buggies ......................................]<<<<<

-- Marak (08:12:30/05-01-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1679 on: <05-01-12/1041:50> »
>>>>>[Interesting. The bugs don't tend to show up so openly these days. Not since Ares dumped FAB III on them in Chicago. If there is a real outbreak starting, I think I'll be taking some time off back in the Tir. At least they've always had a sharp lookout for the bugs.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (10:41:23/05-01-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters