NEWS

Auto-Injector uses

• 24 Replies

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #15 on: <06-12-12/0814:22> »
Everyone should have a Biomonitor and Autoinjector setup with a combo of Stim 6, Trauma patch, Guts, and Nitro.

If you're really feeling spendy, some Oxyrush nanites in an autoinjector can also save you from asphyxiation.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #16 on: <06-23-12/2245:24> »
(this is for a non-rigged driver)
Write a sub-routine for the bio-monitor that monitors brainwave activity then hook that to and auto injector. Don't load the injector with anything just attach the setup to your thigh. Then on long trips activate the monitor and set it to "inject" you when it detects a lower than normal brainwave pattern, IE you are falling asleep at the wheel. The pain from the injector should wake you right up for the time being........ ;)

Yes. I know that this is a completely useless and redundant use of the item in question due to auto pilot, but he asked for "non drug" uses and this is what I could come up with.... Besides it's a variation on what I used to do to keep myself awake while I was doing late-night drives to Gaming Con's in my youth. Except I would just use a mechanical pencil.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #17 on: <06-24-12/0716:49> »
Yeah.. Aside from drugs, Auto-Injectors are pretty useless. They are just for injecting drugs. Like, a biomonitor and an auto-injector pretty much takes care of a diabetic patient without them having to think about it much. Emergency care in the case of an elderly person. Again, with the help of a biomonitor. It's not like you can just put candy in the things. They are pretty much used for drugs. Mind you, in Shadowrun, there isn't much of a line between medical drugs and narcotics. Both are created and sold by mega-corps.  ;)
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <06-24-12/1257:34> »
Sucrose for when you need that quick energy.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #19 on: <06-24-12/2025:09> »
You could use an auto injector or biomonitor shell as an inconspicuous cover for a knife, pepper spray, C4, etc.

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #20 on: <06-24-12/2102:50> »
Hehehe... If someone ELSE has an auto-injector set up in their PAN when you hack it, there would be a hell of a use for one. Especially if they have the six-barreled kind. Hit them with everything. Six shots of Nitro, all at once... That would be a hell of a thing to watch. Or, just the sad sack that has an emergency dose of K-10 set up for when his biomonitor shows him starting to tank out in a battle? Watch his face go "Oh shi..." at a formal party right before he goes on a suicide rampage.

Edit: Also, I hope that shows the supreme importance of beefing up your PAN security if you get one of these precious toys installed in your body. Just pay your hacker to slap a Rating 6 Firewall on your stuff. Maybe some IC, too...
« Last Edit: <06-24-12/2122:00> by Lacynth40 »

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #21 on: <06-25-12/1026:30> »
Hehehe... If someone ELSE has an auto-injector set up in their PAN when you hack it, there would be a hell of a use for one. Especially if they have the six-barreled kind. Hit them with everything. Six shots of Nitro, all at once... That would be a hell of a thing to watch. Or, just the sad sack that has an emergency dose of K-10 set up for when his biomonitor shows him starting to tank out in a battle? Watch his face go "Oh shi..." at a formal party right before he goes on a suicide rampage.

Edit: Also, I hope that shows the supreme importance of beefing up your PAN security if you get one of these precious toys installed in your body. Just pay your hacker to slap a Rating 6 Firewall on your stuff. Maybe some IC, too...

Because, yeah, how often does a rating 6 Firewall and ICE stop us.........  ;)
You can't let that stuff be wireless.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #22 on: <06-25-12/1459:40> »

"Air-Gap" security is the best security, although the name loses some of its significance in an age of wireless.

What that originally mean is that you keep your important stuff totally isolated from the "public" stuff via said "air-gap"... aka, you have them physically disconnected from systems that access the outside. These days, it means no physical connection and no wifi capability for the secure network either.

Just use a separate burner Commlink for all your public needs.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #23 on: <06-25-12/1640:19> »

"Air-Gap" security is the best security, although the name loses some of its significance in an age of wireless.

What that originally mean is that you keep your important stuff totally isolated from the "public" stuff via said "air-gap"... aka, you have them physically disconnected from systems that access the outside. These days, it means no physical connection and no wifi capability for the secure network either.

Just use a separate burner Commlink for all your public needs.

Yes, but try to convince the gunner troll that all of his toys shouldn't be linked to his PAN so his girlfriends can ogle his list of 'warez... The Firewall and IC are a step in the right direction, and should stop 90% of the attempted intrusions. Not everyone is an elite hacker that can step into battle against some rating 3 IC wielding Analyze, Armor, and Black Hammer. Heck, the Firewall alone should keep most script kiddies out of your crap. But, I know what you are saying. What I like to point out is that most gangers and heavies don't UNDERSTAND that much about cyber-security, because it's never been brought up to them before. If you see a guy leveling a Panther your way, AND you can't access his cyber because it's all DNI-linked with no way in, you need to run. The guy is a shadow veteran, and he knows his stuff.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #24 on: <06-25-12/1703:29> »
If you see a guy leveling a Panther your way, AND you can't access his cyber because it's all DNI-linked with no way in, you need to run. The guy is a shadow veteran, and he knows his stuff.

Heh... like I've said before and I'll say again: Even with standard 400 BP / 12 Availability rules, a well-built starting PC is a majorly scary, spooky dude. They're probably in the top 0.1% of combatants in the world... meaning that, at most, only 1 out of every 1,000 people in the world is going to be capable of playing on their level. The big-league characters, Prime Runners and Street Legends, are probably in the top 0.01% or 0.001%.

Always good to keep that in perspective when you think about how your NPCs react to runners.

But, back on topic... you could always use an external Auto-Injector as an improvised melee or throwing weapon. Nobody's mentioned that yet. ;)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Register