NEWS

Houseruling IP boosting-drugs

• 5 Replies

raggedhalo

• Omae
« on: <06-13-12/0752:51> »
Hi folks,

Rather than get into the melee over on the other IP-based thread, I thought I would ask this question here.

I've heard a few people mention that they houserule IP-boosting drugs like Cram and Jazz so that they are compatible with magical/cyber/bio boosts to IPs.  I was just wanting to ask - if you've done that, how have you found it affecting things at your table?

Thanks!
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #1 on: <06-13-12/1124:35> »
Technically, they already work by RAW with some of the other boosts.

This is because the wording on stacking restrictions of the other boosts is inconsistent and varies.

Some list specific things they don't stack with. Some say they don't stack with anything.

-k

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #2 on: <06-13-12/1230:39> »
As long as you don't allow multiple drugs to stack, I don't think it'll break much.
The Addiction rules seem bad enough for most players to avoid drugs altogether, but a streetsam popping a pill (and being willing to take all the side-effect when it wears out) to get an edge in that ultimate battle seems realistic and not unbalanced.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <06-13-12/1331:28> »
Combat drugs tend to be very addictive, which is why you don't see too many PCs using them. They also have a limited duration, which is unfortunate if they run out during the middle of a fight.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #4 on: <06-13-12/1905:52> »
One of my player's characters, the face, uses Cram regularly, even during his down time.  We have rolled a few times to increase his addiction rating, but so far his kept it 'under control'.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Psikerlord

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-16-12/0704:15> »
Addiction is not much of a problem outside of roleplaying though, given access to drugs is cheap and easy. It's not until the GM starts threatening to reduce essence that you get a real opportunity cost for combat drugs. We dont allow them to stack with anything in our game, they are more of a cheap boost for gangers and occasional others.

Register