NEWS

Radar Sensor & Ultrasound in Cyber Eyes/Ears?

• 3 Replies

Konig-Wolf

• Newb
« on: <06-14-12/2204:53> »
Can the Radar Sensor and/or Ultrasound Sensor be placed in Cybereyes or Cyberears, using Capacity, as opposed to Essence? Or can they only be placed in Cyberlimbs and/or External Devices using Capacity?

Falconer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-14-12/2226:29> »
No, they cannot.

Ultrasound is listed as a vision upgrade for cameras.

However, it is not in the list of eyeware options for cybereyes.  Only eyeware accessories can be installed in eyeware capacity.  Only earware accessories can go in earware capacity.

They're listed as bodyware.  So they use up capacity in a cyberlimb, or are implanted seperately.
(they still don't work for magic spell targetting as they substitute processed data into a vision overlay, they aren't vision themselves).

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-14-12/2350:46> »
According to the rules, they cannot be placed in eyes/ears because they are not eyeware/earware.

I allow it in my games because it makes sense to me to treat them as vision modes, but that's purely a house rule; by RAW it's not allowed.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #3 on: <06-15-12/1158:54> »
There is a Radar Sensor as Headware, though. It has a capacity rating, meaning it can also be installed into cyberlimbs for no Essence.

Also, the Echolocation bioware combined with Vocal Range Enhancer and Hearing Enhancement gives you the functional equivalent of Ultrasound.

-k