NEWS

Essentials: What Every Runner Should Have.

• 64 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #60 on: <07-18-12/0018:59> »
Which, really, means it isn't an actual endoscope.  Sorry, I don't usually pull quotes from the books, and if someone mentions something, my brain tends to refer to the actual item IRL, if there is one.  Yes, going by that definition, a 1+m endoscope would be useful.  On the other hand, every security guard out of basic knows that a fellow with an endoscope is up to no good.  A dentist's mirror, on the other hand ...

YMMV.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <07-18-12/0036:09> »
Cameras subscribed to my PAN.....with termination devices on them(so I can make them melt after the run)

_Pax_

« Reply #62 on: <07-18-12/0049:17> »
On the other hand, every security guard out of basic knows that a fellow with an endoscope is up to no good.
Which is why you either learn a rank or two of Automotive Mechanic, or slot the skillsoft ... and keep yon endoscope in an appropriate toolkit.  Or have a fake license as a Housing Inspector (the kind people hire before buying a property).  Makes possessing an endoscope for noncriminal purposes a whole lot more believable.

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <07-18-12/0107:06> »
Which, really, means it isn't an actual endoscope.  Sorry, I don't usually pull quotes from the books, and if someone mentions something, my brain tends to refer to the actual item IRL, if there is one.

There are non-medical endoscopes used for suveillance purposes. I think what the SR writers were shooting for was a fiberscope.

On the other hand, every security guard out of basic knows that a fellow with an endoscope is up to no good.

For my characters, the scope is usually part of their tactical loadout, rather than undercover carry, used to check inside rooms before breaching, so they're already carrying things far more suspicious.

DoubleTap

• Newb
« Reply #64 on: <07-19-12/2050:38> »
Day to Day:  armored vest, with FFBA half suit.
Ares predator. 2 magazines, or other Concealable pistol.
Cermic knife
Fake CCW, and fake day to day ID.
Depending on the time of year a button up short sleeve shirt to conceal the pistol.
Don't forget the lined coat.
Rating 3 com link for daily running around.
Flash pack
Taser ( I'm rather partial to shock gloves)

On the Job:
pending on the job.
Tact vest with gel packs, and non conductivity 4
A Sub machine gun. with 6 magazines
a Short barreled shot gun with shock lock rounds.
Mag lock sequencer
Spy Ball
Breath taker grenades
at least a rating 4 respirator.

For christ sakes get a damn storage unit to stash your less the legal gear, better yet get 2 or 3 to stach back up IDs, and go bags.
always Double Tap.
I'm a engineer if I cant fix it I can damn sure break it. (SSG Brown 12B osut instructor)