NEWS

Lofwyr What information is available on him?

• 34 Replies

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« on: <05-11-12/1806:26> »
He is a Great Dragon, owns SK, and is the Loremaster. What else please?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <05-11-12/1814:56> »
Hestbay is the current loremaster.

In my opinion the best info on Lofwyr is in the 3rd edition book Dragons of the Sixth World.

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #2 on: <05-11-12/1825:35> »
Hestbay is the current loremaster.

In my opinion the best info on Lofwyr is in the 3rd edition book Dragons of the Sixth World.

That I have, will read again. Looking for stuff from the novels. Adventures, and other sources I missed over the past 10 years or the early days before I started getting serious about SR.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <05-11-12/2037:31> »
He's a dick.  Even by Dragon standards.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #4 on: <05-11-12/2116:20> »
Him and Hestaby are having a little spat at the moment, also he's making inroads into the middle east.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Johnny Jacks

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-11-12/2252:34> »
He and Alamais(e) are twins and do NOT get along.

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <05-12-12/0448:03> »
He's got the NEEC, and by extension most of Europe, in his pocket.

He's been ruling over what is now Germany since he beat up Almaise and kicked him out way back in the Second World. That's a long time.

He might have had some eggs stashed somewhere in Tir Tairngire before he lost his seat on the Council of Princes. (They probably were not his biologically, however... adult dragons mate and then give their eggs to a great dragon to raise. But they'll probably take after him more than their biological parents, anyway, thanks to dragon telepathy.) They've almost certainly been moved.

I'm not entirely sure if he's the loremaster or not. When I played through Survival of the Fittest, Hestaby won the contest to become loremaster. But I've seen several sourcebooks saying that Lofwyr is. (Maybe the game's writers just assumed that the players would turn on Hestaby when Lofwyr offered them more money, and my group was an oddity.) If so, he's sort of an odd choice. The previous two Loremasters (Dunkelzhan and his predecessor, Vasdenjas from Earthdawn) were both basically polar opposites of Lofwyr: they put forth the image of being approachable (Dunkelzhan had his trid show, while Vasdenjas authored several books for the Library of Throal) and relatively friendly and willing to share their knowledge (within certain limits), and both died in an act of self-sacrifice. If Lofwyr were the Loremaster, I'd be concerned that he might abuse the position.

According to Street Legends, his Magic stat is only 27... not as high as you'd expect from a Great Dragon. Hestaby's is 36. Harlequin has a 30. Again, I wonder what that says about his qualifications for the Loremaster position. In terms of influence in metahuman affairs, of course, controlling the biggest megacorp puts him way ahead of anyone (save perhaps the twenty minutes or so where Dunkelzhan was president).

He might sometimes use the name Hans Brackhaus for his human disguises. A lot of Saeder-Krupp Johnsons use the same alias, however. Some of the human Hans Brackhauses might even be using masking to fake the astral signature of a dragon to scare people into thinking that they're Lofwyr in disguise.

He's a dick, even by dragon standards. For comparison purposes, consider that his brother Almaise was considered kind of a dick even by dragon standards back in the Earthdawn days... and Lofwyr made him look like a chump.

His go-to spy and fixer during the artifact rush was Simon Williams, a British neo-anarchist punk who turned into a lizard man when the comet came by. Lofwyr tracked him down thinking that he might be a drake (he wasn't, but he might be a t'skrang from ED) and then gave him a job, despite him being mouthy to the point that most people would have been eaten. Williams likes to hang out at a Godzilla-themed bar called The Rubber Suit in Seattle, pretending to be part of the scenery to dick with people. He was in opposition with some elven assassin/fixer working for Lung for info on artifacts, and if you're running Artifacts Unbound, he might hire you to assense the Maltese Falcon.

Oh, and Lofwyr is gold in color. Fitting, no?

SpiderWord

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <05-12-12/0640:42> »
He might sometimes use the name Hans Brackhaus for his human disguises. A lot of Saeder-Krupp Johnsons use the same alias, however. Some of the human Hans Brackhauses might even be using masking to fake the astral signature of a dragon to scare people into thinking that they're Lofwyr in disguise.

Actually according to Street Legends and Damage Control there is around a true "Hans Brackhaus" who was the man who helped the Golden Lizard to catch his current position in the Corporate World.
"Where's the Dragon?" *Stomped*

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <05-12-12/1039:25> »
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, like there's a true "Mr. Johnson" helping Ares.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #9 on: <05-12-12/1055:28> »
Well, Mr. Johnson works in Marketing so "helping" really depends on which side of the manufacturing/sales divide you're on.
la vida no vale nada

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #10 on: <05-12-12/1058:10> »
There might, at one time, have been someone named Hans Brackhaus, who worked as a Johnson for SK. However, whether that is the case, or whether the original was in fact one of Lofwyr's metahuman forms, or whether there is something else we're missing, at this point it is irrelevant. Hans Brackhaus is a brand name, and the mystique of 'this could be Lofwyr in disguise' is the biggest source of the brand's power, beyond even the resources of SK.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #11 on: <05-12-12/1105:54> »
To paraphrase someone's sig line, "Meanwhile in Essen, 'Everything is going according to plan.'"

The Lofmeister is tricky even by dragon standards if Hans Brackhaus is known and speculated about it's because he want's him to be known and speculated about, or that's what he wants us to think and he's still mentally screwing us.
la vida no vale nada

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-12-12/1106:59> »
He and Alamais(e) are twins and do NOT get along.
You realize that dragons hatch from eggs right?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #13 on: <05-12-12/1126:32> »
So...what is resolve on this Loremaster question...is it Lofwyr or is it Hestaby???

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #14 on: <05-12-12/1131:11> »
I've read in multiple places it was Lofwyr. IIRC, Hestaby was as well. I seem to recall Hestaby being Loremaster in 3rd ed while Lofwyr is now mentioned as Loremaster in 4th.
la vida no vale nada