NEWS

Weird Rules Question Came up today. Shedim and Technomancers.

• 19 Replies

IKerensky

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <05-14-12/1155:29> »
Well I will definitely agree with your GF idea... especially as for me Technomancer and their nemesis are Magic in the Matrix.

As I am an Earthdawn GM too, I retconned than the matrix having information on everybody and linking everybody is becoming the Magical Thread Pattern of the Humanity, and as such can be used for magic and be infected by horros/shedim.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #16 on: <05-14-12/1218:33> »
I know it is terribly rules breaking, since Rules seem to quite clearly forbid compatibility of Resonance and Magic in one entity. Even Bug spirit that inhabits technmancer would override his Resonance with its magic.

Still

This is one of my the most favourite plot...

And I even had Hamburgh terrorized by Technomantic cyberzombie :D

BreederofPuppets

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <05-15-12/0642:23> »
I do love these lines. 
Threats 2 pg 54, bottom of left column, final paragraph, sentence that brought this up.. -"The Master Shedim inherits all of the persons skills, Edges and Flaws, personality quirks, likes and dislikes."
"Master Shedim possession does not work exactly the same as normal possession, they have a unique more powerful version"

But, per the rules as I see them in the book...pretty much "no".  .

But this so fits my need for an big and nasty evil.  And its a new evil, which means I can have only a small, isolated group discover the special process to accomplish it.  So the heroes will have to stop it quick, without altering most corporation, least some one get the idea of figuring out how to make money off of it.

And some one's idea of insect spirits "inhabiting" technomancers is also a truly wicked idea.  While the street sams and mages are dealing with swarms of insect spirits in the flesh, the hacker/technomancers is dealing with swarms of insect sprites in the matrix. 

Consider yer lady friend's idea stolen and used to abuse my players.  It maybe a one time only thing, never going to be repeated, but at least for one small group of runners, it will be their personal nightmare.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #18 on: <05-15-12/0711:41> »
FYI, just because we haven't found a Resonance realms critter that can take over a metahuman, doesn't mean there isn't one. Not insect spirits, but sprites from some unknown depth of the resonance realms that likes to take over users.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #19 on: <05-15-12/0733:55> »
FYI, just because we haven't found a Resonance realms critter that can take over a metahuman, doesn't mean there isn't one. Not insect spirits, but sprites from some unknown depth of the resonance realms that likes to take over users.

I hereby pre-dub them Puppeteer Sprites!
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Register