« Reply #15 on: <05-10-12/0019:13> »
Hunting moose?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <05-10-12/0116:45> »
The one with the Mosin Nagant would win. They don't make them like that anymore, you could kill a freaking tank with that things bayonet.
SMLEs of various marks and Mauser Kar98Ks mostly.  Some newer rifles from the US as well.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ChromeZephyr

• Newb
  • Listen much, talk little
« Reply #17 on: <05-10-12/1043:39> »
The one with the Mosin Nagant would win. They don't make them like that anymore, you could kill a freaking tank with that things bayonet.

QFT, my M44 could double as a war club and/or pry bar if I needed it to.  Can't reliably hit anything past 100 yrds without divine intervention, but within that distance you're in a lot of trouble.  ;D

Maded

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <05-13-12/2130:38> »
One thing I've missed in 4e is the entries that accompanied the descriptions of various nations (i.e. Native American Nations, Tir Tairngire) in earlier editions on legality codes/availability and pricing for gear based on the nation you're visiting.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the WAR ROOM!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <05-13-12/2210:04> »
One thing I've missed in 4e is the entries that accompanied the descriptions of various nations (i.e. Native American Nations, Tir Tairngire) in earlier editions on legality codes/availability and pricing for gear based on the nation you're visiting.
Yeah, I miss this too.  Especially as I've seen the massive differences in US/Canadian laws at times.

For example, every Sherlock Holmes book is Public Domain in Canada, but not all of them are in the US.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Maded

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <05-13-12/2224:14> »
For example, every Sherlock Holmes book is Public Domain in Canada, but not all of them are in the US.

That's interesting, I wasn't aware. So I can download them all from a Canadian site ;)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #21 on: <05-13-12/2232:39> »
Or any other site that doesn't abide by US laws, yes.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Maded

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <05-13-12/2247:16> »
 Back to being more on topic, I'm planning a campaign in L.A. and I'm using the NAN Vol. 1 PCC entry for a lot of the gear availability, legality and pricing. I imagine that it wouldn't have changed that much considering how the PCC's described in 1st ed and only seems to be growing larger since in size and scope since then.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <05-14-12/0105:51> »
Back to being more on topic, I'm planning a campaign in L.A. and I'm using the NAN Vol. 1 PCC entry for a lot of the gear availability, legality and pricing. I imagine that it wouldn't have changed that much considering how the PCC's described in 1st ed and only seems to be growing larger since in size and scope since then.
They might have gotten more or less restrictive after absorbing so much territory.

Especially Los Angeles!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

IKerensky

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <05-14-12/1208:53> »
"Sir, why do you have a shotgun over your shoulder?"  "I work in the Morgue.  Here's my ID."  "Oh, sorry sir, please go about your day."

In a world with Shedim, body-snatchers, ghouls and others undead you can BET the Morgue technician does cary shotgun... and probably flamethrower too.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #25 on: <05-14-12/1225:35> »
Actually, morgues are heavily warded, and then bodies go straight to the incinerator, in most cases, or are otherwise made inhospitable for a shedim.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <05-14-12/1258:27> »
"Sir, why do you have a shotgun over your shoulder?"  "I work in the Morgue.  Here's my ID."  "Oh, sorry sir, please go about your day."
In a world with Shedim, body-snatchers, ghouls and others undead you can BET the Morgue technician does cary shotgun... and probably flamethrower too.
Shotgun with Underbelly Flamethrower.  They're kitted out with more gear than the Ghostbusters!

Actually, I came up with the idea of heavily armed morgue workers and morticians when I was GMing Deadlands:  Hell On Earth.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <05-14-12/1323:43> »
They have taken to warding cemetaries and other places with corpses to prevent shedim infestation. But I wonder what might have slipped through the cracks. Mass graves in death camps? Tanamous' chop shops? (I've ben thinking lately about adventures I could run for my SR game that could secretly turn out to be shedim plots. Shh! Don't tell my players.  ;) )

Does anybody remember something from older editions about people storing their dead in these huge arcologies because there was so little land left to spare for cemetaries? I think it was called a necropolis or necroplex or something? I remember an old SR1 or SR2 adventure I ran in SR3 where ghouls were stealing the bodies, and they stole the body of the brother of a shadowrunner called Alpha Blue and found some incriminating data on a corp in his headware (which was what he got killed for), so Alpha Blue hires the runners to track it down. It was particularly memorable because the runners met a street shaman in she sewers who'd tried to look beyond the edge of the manasphere... and whatever he saw was so horrible, he tore his own eyes out.

I wonder how many mages it took to ward a huge necro-complex like the one in that adventure. And I wonder if a master shedim pretending to be a Johnson might not hire some runners to take down those wards, then open up an astral gate so that an army of shedim can possess the bodies there and unleash an army upon the streets of Seattle....

Maded

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <05-14-12/2007:39> »
Where are the shedim detailed in SR4 anyway?

Maded

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <05-14-12/2013:14> »
They might have gotten more or less restrictive after absorbing so much territory.

Especially Los Angeles!

The PCC's already pretty restrictive, just from the past entry in NAN Vol. 1. I imagine L.A. being a bit harder for the Pueblo Security Force to police, though. And who really wants to even try to police El Infierno?