NEWS

[OOC] The Dragonslayer

• 69 Replies

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <05-15-12/0821:21> »
that stupid tacked on bulldrek on social modifiers (personally, I throw that drek in the toilet when I have a bowel movement)
Hehe, you mean the rules?
Quote from: SR4A,p.130
Cumulative positive Social Modifiers may not exceed the character’s combined natural Attribute + Skill Ratings.
;D ;D ;D
Well I sling a solid dicepool around with 7 charisma, rating three tailored pheromones, rating two empathy complex form, and 4 in the social group. Lucky me that I can bump my modifiers up by another 6 if I want to.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #46 on: <05-15-12/0829:45> »
The problem comes up when there isn't a face in the group, or when you're split up and both groups still have to be able to do things like lie convincingly, or other such things. If you don't have a face in the group, but instead someone who is acting as a face as a secondary or tertiary role because they have the highest CHA, you're uber-boned. And that happens more often than you might think, especially when people drop out unexpectedly like they do in online games. Things tend to get very pink mohawk at that point. Which tends to piss off DMs.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <05-15-12/0833:38> »
Well, that just means the odds go from heavily in your favour to mildly, unless someone thought to not dumpstat charisma. Ten dice is not uber-screwed, nor is nine. You'd likely be lying to a guard with an opposing test of 7-ish dice, setting ten with an assist test of 9 pretty well off. Granted, I'd rather be there to throw around 16 (18 when I get to specialize Con).

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <05-15-12/1138:48> »
Only if you use charisma as a dump stat... and yes that's what faces are for, i guess.

It hamstrings people who can't see having a Charisma higher than their metatype average.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <05-15-12/1238:54> »
Shrike has 8D for negotiation but as money isn't her driving force she'll probably leave it to the rest of the runners to negotiate a price!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #50 on: <05-17-12/0903:10> »
Granted, I'd rather be there to throw around 16 (18 when I get to specialize Con).
You are there right now. How about taking those dice and showing our Johnson what we expect ;-)

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <05-18-12/0735:58> »
Well then I'd go ahead and try to demonstrate why the basis of my negotiation shouldn't be "Pay me twenty or I walk, feed these folk whatever you like"
This is the sort of job I built Thorn for exactly. He's a face with infiltration and demolitions, genemasque so his genetic traces won't be found or useable if they are anywhere in the facility, and Sprites to handle any hacking he may have to do. This is mint.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <05-21-12/0047:06> »
Is the game still alive?

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <05-21-12/0243:02> »
Lets just hope so, couldn't bear having another game die of inactivity. But Weebo said he was aiming for only one post a week and it seems he is quite busy, so lets hope for the best.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <05-22-12/1246:38> »
I'm still checking in regularly...hopefully it will pick up again!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Nycidian Grey

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <05-28-12/0409:23> »
I am moving across the country so I won't be able to post for a little over a week but as there isn't much activity doubt it will matter.

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <06-02-12/2142:09> »
Interesting that you are moving. Same here. I just got done packing and subsequently moving half a house worth of stuff.

Anyways sorry for the delay.

Also anyone can roll a check to see if they can piece this together. You need 10 successes. Any science related to physics, and even parazoology work. Hell a plain old logic+intuition test works as well. Awakened characters get a +2 DP modifier because they know subconsciously what they are looking at even if the camera can't see it they know what they themselves would see were they there.

What you see on the video is the spontaneous appearance of paracritters. Not of the friendly variety. Some are new species even. Spontaneous means something is happening there that a camera cannot pick up.
« Last Edit: <06-02-12/2220:27> by Weebomancer »

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <06-03-12/0414:37> »
Welcome back Weebo!

CT ain't no scientist, but he is quite smart: 6 hits, no glitch.
4 Intuition + 6 Logic + 2 Awakened + 2 Analytical Mind (14d6.hits(5)=6)

He would have a +3 bonus for intuition linked skill tests and +4 to logic linked skill tests, but since he doesn't have any skill, i didn't use any bonus. although the description would be quite fitting *hint* ;-)
Neocortical neural amplifiers enhance frontal lobe activity, which is essential to a metahuman’s abstract thought processes and problem-solving ability.
« Last Edit: <06-03-12/0610:10> by Lethe »

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <06-03-12/2241:51> »
You don't know anything concrete but CT has heard of or read about this somewhere before and it's not something you find in a local library. With that many hits you can research it. 10 successes allows you to pull up the very obscure knowledge of what it is that's all.

Oh and I have been reading that rule...not sure I understand exactly what you are upset with. The natural DP maximums?

Last I checked max DP only counts for NON boosted DP's. For example say for some reason your max DP is 22 for pistols. Smartlink ignores that and still adds +2. It makes no sense to count that as it's not a NATURAL bonus it's an augmentation bonus. I think I'll allow DP max piercing if it's something augmented. I mean your attributes are already limited anyways right? Why double limit?
« Last Edit: <06-03-12/2255:27> by Weebomancer »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <06-04-12/0033:24> »
You do realize that 10 hits is nigh impossible to get on any roll unless you have a dice pool in the upper thirties right (not that likely even then)?