NEWS

Simrig questions

• 4 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <04-19-12/2013:42> »
A couple questions about simrigs:

1) If a magician or dual-natured creature astrally perceives while the simrig is recording, what does the rig pick up?

2) If a vessel with a simrig in record mode is possessed by a spirit, what does the rig pick up?

3) If a vessel with a simrig in record mode is inhabited by a spirit, what does the rig pick up?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #1 on: <04-19-12/2348:56> »
I personally believe that computers are not equiped to process this type of input so there would be a recording but it would show up as unrecognizable static.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-20-12/1256:40> »
If I understand the Simrig right it records neural impuleses. So with the spirt it whould be only the possesed boady normal senses, as to astral perception that is realy up to the GM to call.

Not every ones mind can process the input from astral space so it may be filtered out as static, but it could be reocored but may appear as static to people when there mind can process the imput. There is a negiitve quality for astral capable people not beeing able to see in astral space may be more comon to pop up in non-magigical people. 

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <04-20-12/1538:21> »
If I understand the full apparatus to a Simrig, it records the emotive and physical tracks of the person wearing it.

So if that person was a Mage, it might pick up his responses to austral stimulus, but probably wouldn't let some actually 'see' or 'sense' the astral. Basically, the Mage sees something funny, the Simrig records the humor track. The the next person comes along and slots the DL... He feels the humor, but doesn't really understand why (due to the lack of any other input) I base this on the fact that even blind mages can perceive the astral.. Do astral sight is not tied to the visual cortex.

In the case of a vessel taken over by a spirit, it would still only pick up the vessels neural impulses, whatever they are. Probably a blank emotive track if the vessel is not aware (catatonic, deeply sub pressed, etc) or maybe is utter sense of confusion and stark raving panic of his body not responding to his own wishes (DM's call what the possessed vessel 'feels' while being possessed. It would not pick up the spirit's emotions because, 1: the spirit is a formation of mana (and only mana) thus it has no electrical 'wiring' for the rig to mesh to. 2: the emotions of spirits are alien even to the summoning mages (and a host of SR lore/conjecture surround them) it would be like trying to understand the recordings of a Simrig calibrated for a human, but placed on a lemur... At best it would be gibberish, at worse, harmful!

As for the inhabited person, see my response above.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #4 on: <04-20-12/2105:36> »
I agree with all three answers, well spoken.

Register