NEWS

Technomancer Question

• 7 Replies

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« on: <04-18-12/2020:02> »
I am making a technomancer for the first time after having being a hacker a few times.  I know for hackers the response of the commlink limits the system which in turn limits the rating of the programs. 

First, does a technomancer response (Intuition+1) and their System (Logic) limit the rating of their complex forms in the same way as it does for a commlink.

Second,  I see the drain for Compiling Sprites the number of hits on the opposed test but is the drain the same on registering a sprite use the same drain rules.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: <04-18-12/2121:23> by Henzington »
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <04-18-12/2049:25> »
1) No. Technomancers break those rules all to hell.

2) Fading for dealing with sprites is equal to 2x the hits the Sprite got. If the rating is over your Resonance, it is Physical damage.

Quote from: SR4A, pg 243
For compiling, decompiling, or registering a sprite, the Fading DV equals twice the hits (not net hits) generated by the sprite on the Opposed Test. This applies whether the attempt is successful or not. If the sprite’s rating is greater than the technomancer’s Resonance, the damage is Physical rather than Stun.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Henzington

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-18-12/2249:02> »
the lack of a limit makes sense I was wondering how exactly technomancers were better and that makes sense
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-18-12/2257:02> »
the lack of a limit makes sense I was wondering how exactly technomancers were better and that makes sense

I believe there is a limit on complex forms. If I remember right, it should be your Resonance rating (2x Resonance for 'over-threading')
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Henzington

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-18-12/2305:22> »
yeah that is correct but i mean on the number of complex forms where as the number of programs is a serious limit for hackers.  Course sprite are balanced by the fading but you can still get to a rating 12 on your complex forms.
« Last Edit: <04-18-12/2308:56> by Henzington »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-18-12/2313:22> »
yeah that is correct but i mean on the number of complex forms where as the number of programs is a serious limit for hackers.  Course sprite are balanced by the fading but you can still get to a rating 12 on your complex forms.

You still have to resist Fading when threading your complex forms just like a mage does when he casts a spell. Can't remember for sure how bad the Fade is, but until you're Submerged a lot, it's physical damage.

Henzington

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-18-12/2319:10> »
the fading on threading complex forms is equal to the number of hits

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-18-12/2323:57> »
Ahh, makes sense since I believe the number of hits is how much the form is improved by when threading it.