NEWS

Shadowrun 4E and Earthdawn connections?

• 162 Replies

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <04-27-12/1535:26> »
The elves took a chunk of prime real estate from NAN, if it had been a piece of UCAS things might of been different.
No, they took a prime piece of real estate from a shattered NAN state which was still crippled from the Great Ghost Dance.  Notice where all the erupted volcanoes are.  The Salish fought hard to recapture it but those elves had a wicked magical advantage, and a surprising amount of military support.  They brought the elves in (the Sidhe in Salish-Sidhe Council) along with other metas to repopulate the areas devastated by the eruptions.  When the elves seceded, there really wasn't any back up in reserve to stop them.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #61 on: <04-27-12/1708:51> »
Season 4 of Shadowrun Missions.

I only got it the other night...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <05-01-12/1749:37> »
Quick, slightly related question: I remember seeing a list of Earthdawn / SR crossover info but can't find the link any more (it might have been in the now switched off Ancient Files?!?).  It had things like Big D's and Lofwyr's ED names etc... any help finding it again would be great!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Cailieg

• Newb
« Reply #63 on: <05-01-12/1758:10> »
http://danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/index.html

The Russian Mirror for Ancient Files

On it you will find the Shadowrun/Earthdawn Crossover link. As for Big D and Ghosty. Mountainshadow and Icewing respectively.

Alexis
*smiles*

ElMorte

• Newb
« Reply #64 on: <05-17-12/1519:40> »
The Yonaguni Monument in Hazard Pay is definately an ED Reference.

1. A sperethiel/or'zet-like written mansucript was found (as far as the rumor goes).

2. After the comet "something" awakened under the monument. My first thought: Godzilla *g*. But after Man of many Names commented that even dragons fear something and want it prisoned, my second thought was: Verjigorm (sp).

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #65 on: <05-17-12/1853:18> »
2. After the comet "something" awakened under the monument. My first thought: Godzilla *g*. But after Man of many Names commented that even dragons fear something and want it prisoned, my second thought was: Verjigorm (sp).
Doesn't have to be Verjigorm to be feared.  And considering the Big V's very nature, I really don't think the Great Hunter could be imprisoned that way.  Imagine instead a Horror-Tainted Great Dragon; that'd set the fox in the henhouse.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #66 on: <05-17-12/2037:39> »
Doesn't have to be Verjigorm to be feared.  And considering the Big V's very nature, I really don't think the Great Hunter could be imprisoned that way.  Imagine instead a Horror-Tainted Great Dragon; that'd set the fox in the henhouse.
Or a dragon who was invested with an insect spirit. Or one of the other Horrors. I agree that locking up Verjigorm is impossible, but locking up the dragons who had been cocooned by Verjigorm, however...
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <05-18-12/0141:36> »
Or a dragon who was invested with an insect spirit. Or one of the other Horrors. I agree that locking up Verjigorm is impossible, but locking up the dragons who had been cocooned by Verjigorm, however...

I am relatively certain that no insect spirit would be able to invest a regular dragon, much less a Great, despite current 'if they cast the ritual, forget it, you're fucked' rules of the game.  So yeah -- either an insane dragon/Great, or a Horror-tainted one.  The difference of which is ... purely academic.  :P
Pananagutan & End/Line

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <05-18-12/0224:37> »
Remember the Aztlan sourcebook has implied that there is a mechanic for sacrificing a dragon to summon a blood spirit.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <05-18-12/0227:38> »
Not entirely accurate, James.  As I recall, it was noticed that the more mystically powerful and the higher up the sentient 'food chain' a blood spirit summoning victim was, the more powerful the summoned blood spirit was.  And someone wondered how powerful the blood spirit would be if it was a dragon sacrificed using that particular summoning ritual...
Pananagutan & End/Line

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <05-18-12/0242:45> »
So yeah -- either an insane dragon/Great, or a Horror-tainted one.  The difference of which is ... purely academic.  :P
Trust me, it really isn't. An insane great dragon could do some serious damage before being put down, sure. But the last Horror-possessed dragon that I'm aware of could poison the soil and kill crops just by flying overhead.

There are three possibilities that I can think of from Earthdawn for our dragon escapee:

1. Vestrivan, the aforementioned Horror-possessed dragon, also known as the Despoiler of the Land. Has a bit of a split personality thing going on.
2. One of the dragons that was corrupted by Verjigorm in an astral cocoon (possibly during metamorphasis from adolescence to adulthood).
3. Denairastas, the Outcast. A dragon exiled for interbreeding with humans (which was banned after Alamaise's little oopsie with the Immortal Elves) to raise an army of half-dragon mages to conquer the world. If the IEs are still around in SR, then his children, the Clan of Iopos, could easily be as well.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #71 on: <05-18-12/0306:00> »
Remember the Aztlan sourcebook has implied that there is a mechanic for sacrificing a dragon to summon a blood spirit.

I remember some corrupted great dragon landing on AZ teocali, well not sure if it was meant it is Blood spirit. It may be the one who tought Aztlaners this Death magic...

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <05-18-12/0315:08> »
Not entirely accurate, James.  As I recall, it was noticed that the more mystically powerful and the higher up the sentient 'food chain' a blood spirit summoning victim was, the more powerful the summoned blood spirit was.  And someone wondered how powerful the blood spirit would be if it was a dragon sacrificed using that particular summoning ritual...
My point was that it listed the max Force as "Unknown" and is allowed to be summoned as a Great Form. Azltan, 176.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <05-18-12/0445:55> »
My point was that it listed the max Force as "Unknown" and is allowed to be summoned as a Great Form. Azltan, 176.
Well, yeah, 'cause where are you gonna get a dragon to sacrifice??  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #74 on: <05-18-12/0508:37> »
Shirrrug?