NEWS

Urban Brawl -- 6th scenario [finished]

• 186 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #180 on: <03-26-12/1118:12> »
audio perception test. (10d6.hits(5)=1) Brick's heart rate is throbbing in his ears from hauling all the weight of the cargo, with the destination so close, the lack of rest on this nature walk, and the stress of fighting that spirit, Brick isn't as on the ball as he should be....

(OOC: Brick changed to his second fresh SNS magazine, and the Ingram X is still in his right hand. his left hand is supporting a carrying strap to help ease the load but can be easily changed to something else if need be.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #181 on: <03-26-12/1259:43> »
Shit. the last thing Id love to don is to swim across the river. Should I use the grapple gun, or we try something else? Thunder, can you help us somehow?

Perception audio/visual: INT(4)+PERC(4)+A/V Enhancement(3) (11d6.hits(5)=4, 11d6.hits(5)=4)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #182 on: <03-30-12/2041:30> »
Current time -- 4:40 AM

Everything seems calm and all you hear is the soft churning of the river flowing eastward. 
[OOC: what would you guys like to do?]

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #183 on: <04-08-12/1411:39> »
Drek, the sun's going to come up any minute. Thunderhead decides to risk it and dismisses his spirit bear, calling on his Dark Queen to send a beast who can fly. He closes his eyes and focuses, and in his mind he is laying at the Dark Queen's feet. She nods approvingly at him and waves her hand in the air. A huge Roc appears, ready to do his bidding. He thanks his Queen for her mercy and opens his eyes.

Summon Force 5 Roc Spirit, optional power: Guard: Summoning(5)+Magic(3)+Spirit Affinity(2)+Mentor Spirit(2)+Injury Modifier(-2) (10d6.hits(5)=4)

Force 5 animal spirit summoning resist: (5d6.hits(5)=3) = 1 Service

Drain Resist: Wil(6)+Int(5) (11d6.hits(5)=3) = 3S DV

Thunderhead swoons on his feet and announces that he's likely going to vomit soon if he didn't get some rest. Between the battle and the summoning he was nearly wiped out.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #184 on: <04-13-12/1456:51> »
Brick examines the team and the river, "It looks like the Storm is really wiped out and without him we have no back up if something takes a dump in the river. Lets get  away from the water and  secure ourselves a hide. There we can set up defenses and plan our crossing."

(OOC: since Thunder isn't in any shape to help us and we're some what beat up this will give us time to plan and rest. Any rolls you want me to make?)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #185 on: <04-25-12/0957:21> »
Oh hell this would only slow us down. Lets try something else. Im not going to make this few kilometers a week trip...

ZAch pulls out his grapple gun from the backpack and places one grapple across the river. Climbing there and then back a few times, he sets quite firm rope "bridge" over the river. One by one he began to pull those cofee bags across the river, using his climbing gear to bind those bags firmly for the transport. As the end comes Thunder and Brick as the rear guard. Bot having too much time to pack the whole thing, Zach pulls out his catalyst stick.

So...whaddya think. Should I break the path? Or should I levae it be for further use?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #186 on: <05-09-12/1708:05> »
You manage to cross the turbulent river using the rope system and after about another half a kilometer you come to an encampment.  Man with obvious tribal markings and armor greet you with assault rifles but as soon as you ID yourselves they let you in.  They take you into the main tent where you finally drop the heavy load your carrying and breathe a sigh of relief.  A human native man who seems to be high ranking in the military greets you and takes out a combat knife to cut a small slit in one of the bags.  He kneels and catches a few of the coffee beans spilling out and lifts them to his nose.  After breathing in a big waft of the scent he smiles deeply and broadly and stands back up. 

"Perfect.  Council bickering has had shipments of this stuff tied up in customs for months and I wasn't about to go another morning without my favorite brew.  From the bottom of my heart I thank you and your employer.  Now that you no longer have any contraband I'm sure your trip back will be much quicker."

You bid farewell to the military man and leave the encampment.  Travelling under broad daylight is much easier and feels far safer.  Thunderhead's hawk even finds one specimen of the Beixaflor flower and alerts him.  He carefully picks it and puts it away in a special glass jar.  Only twice do you need to duck down and wait out some border patrols but eventually you make it back to the highway where the Johnson dropped you off.  You find him there lying in the flatbed of his truck pulled over by the side of the road toking on who knows what from a massive pipe.  As soon as he sees you he smiles and sits up.  The first thing he hands you before saying anything is a certified credstick with 20,000 nuyen on it. 

"Good job people....hey, weren't there 4 of you? ........I see...well I hope the elf finds his way home eventually."

You explain to him that you have no idea where the fourth member of team went once he totally freaked out and had a breakdown but waiting for him was futile.  You all drive off and head back home to seattle....

Register