Novatech air[w/Mangadyne operating system]

Weapons:

Cavalier deputy
 [Quick draw holster, speed loader, and a mounted laser sight]

Tomahawk

Augmentations:

Datajack   0.1 Ess.
Cyber ears  0.3 Ess. Rating 3
Cybereyes Rating 3  0.5 Ess. [w/ eye recording unit, image link, and lowlight vision]

Contacts

Fixer loyalty 3  connection 3
Street doc  loyalty 2  connection 2

Background:  Coming from a family of artists, tim was a child of many talents.  His parents encouraged these talents, and he rubbed elbows with the wealthy of Seatle.  However, his family was the target of of a hit by jilted clients.  Tim was out when the hit happened.  He was out with friends grafifiting the city.  He came home to a a lonestar crime scene.  fast foward a couple of years, and you get a man unseen and ignored to the upper class.  Even though he holds their secrets. Thats the advantage of being unseen.  A man of small build, most people mistake him for an elf until they see his eye.  His dark skin intensifies his stealth.  He's new to the game and hope it will be like a western.  He always liked westerns.
Rules were mean't to be broken.

Liam oConnor

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <04-07-12/1801:48> »
How did you build this character?
I see a character who has 180 points in Attributes,  72 in Skills and could you explain the mysterious numbers in brackets behind your skill-ratings? If they are the total dice pool, most of them are not correctly calculated.
This means, you still have about 120-150 points left.
You also miss a skill to use your revolver (other than throwing weapons).
You may be using house-rules, but you have more than 35 BP in positive qualities.
 And your knowledge-skills don't quite reflect your background-story, there's nothing about the arts or high-society in there!
Oh, and 19 kg on a 1.8 m human are...dead, under normal circumstances. ;)

Maybe you posted not all of the character?
Or maybe you can just post a few more details on the concept, and the nice people of this board can help you build a proper character out of it!

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-07-12/1807:21> »
In addition to what Liam said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to be good at. The reason for this is that you are not actually good at anything right now, and a shadowrunning team has no reason to bring you along. Your first step should be figuring out what you want to do.

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-07-12/1846:45> »
bracketed is usaly augmented for stats but not seeing anthing augmented also some qualites have multiple levels but you did not say what you took. Seams like some info is missing. Also did you go over quality cap. I am having trouble seeing how you got 7 for stat in knowledge skills. Try taking close combat skill group instead of 3 things out of it.
« Last Edit: <04-07-12/1849:02> by Blue_Lion »

Maxwellus45

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-07-12/2213:16> »
qwell I screwwed up.  I had like 95 leftover bp.  This was my first character.  I had the right idea.
Rules were mean't to be broken.

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #5 on: <04-09-12/0052:21> »
if your goal is to make a melee character might i suggest going troll.  Also cyberware like wired reflexes, bone lacing, and Muscle Replacement.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-09-12/0059:44> »
if your goal is to make a melee character might i suggest going troll.  Also cyberware like wired reflexes, bone lacing, and Muscle Replacement.

I'd think that an ork would be better than a troll for the most part. Much cheaper cost to be one for not much less on Str and Bod. That said, I feel that humans work fine for just about anything despite what some would say.  All in all, I've pretty well found that adepts work better for melee combatants--especially unarmed--than augmented to. (Yes I am talking about unaugmented adepts here.)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #7 on: <04-09-12/0106:50> »
thats a fair point on being an adept for unarmed.  I generally prefer to make my street sam with blades and use a combat axe.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #8 on: <04-09-12/0258:12> »

I'd think that an ork would be better than a troll for the most part. Much cheaper cost to be one for not much less on Str and Bod. That said, I feel that humans work fine for just about anything despite what some would say.  All in all, I've pretty well found that adepts work better for melee combatants--especially unarmed--than augmented to. (Yes I am talking about unaugmented adepts here.)

Yes, Unaugmented Adepts work better than basic Street Sams as melee. However, your personal prejudices aside, Augmented Adepts are the best of the lot until you get into shenanigans involving Possession.

thats a fair point on being an adept for unarmed.  I generally prefer to make my street sam with blades and use a combat axe.

Despite what A4BG may say on the subject, making an Augmented Adept and burning Essence to eventually get a Suprathyroid Gland (+1 each Bod/Agil/Reac/Str) Muscle Augmentation 4 (+4 Str), Muscle Toner 4 (+4 Agil), and Synaptic Booster 3 (+3 IP +3 Reac) is the best use of your resources from a purely statistical standpoint, if you're going to go for any form of Melee Combat, Armed or Unarmed. Spend your remaining PP on the things that cyberware can't duplicate.

Take Biocompatibility and buy the implants as Alphaware and you can have it all for under 3 Essence. For 4 Essence you can fit it all in with Standard Grade and have room for a Pain Editor and Platelet Factory for better staying power. Even for 4 Essence, though, it would only cost you the same amount of Magic as you would have tied up in just Improved Reflexes 3, let alone the impossibility that would be affording 12 ranks of Improved Physical Attribute mostly over the Natural Maximum.
« Last Edit: <04-09-12/0306:35> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me