NEWS

Shadowrun 2050?

• 92 Replies

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #30 on: <04-08-12/1843:51> »
oh happy days happy days, this is something i've been waiting for them to come out with and i cant wait for it. Hopefully it will be out in time for me to study up on it before the game i'm going to be running starts. (this of course seems to be taking longer and longer as our pathfinder game seems to be settling in for the long haul. ) This way i can run them through all the Harleyquinn missions, oh happy days!
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <04-08-12/2104:48> »
I will say this: I *very much* hope that there is some small section of rules in an appendix at the end that will also
give rules for adapting stuff from 2050 into the modern era. Because it would be cool to have rules that allow a bunch of old
timers to step out into the modern nights and show that they are still dangerous.

Except in SR, the oldtimers keep up with SOTA or get left behind. Thats what makes guys like FastJack so amazing, that at his age he's still ahead of younger gents in the tech developments field, even after his entire line of work radically changed.

Honestly, I do not think anyone but hackers need to keep on the bleeding edge. There was that story in Spells and Chrome about the old time Samurai fighting a major gang attack. Knowing how Synaptic Accelerator 2(+1d6 Inititative, +2 reaction) compares to Synaptic Booster 2(+2 IP, +2 reaction) would actually be nice. How how VCR 3 compares to the modern VCR would be nice, as well.

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #32 on: <04-08-12/2210:04> »
it always seemed to me that SOTA should have had different rates per field, say 1 check per month in decker, 1 per 6 months in cyber and magic, and once per year in firearms.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <04-08-12/2302:11> »
it always seemed to me that SOTA should have had different rates per field, say 1 check per month in decker, 1 per 6 months in cyber and magic, and once per year in firearms.
How often for NERPS?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #34 on: <04-08-12/2322:49> »
How often for NERPS?

Never for NERPS! NERPS are timeless!
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #35 on: <04-08-12/2346:46> »
New, improved NERPS!  NERPS for Upgrades!  Wireless NERPS!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #36 on: <04-08-12/2359:05> »
every 38.76 seconds for nerps, cause nerps affect EVERYTHING!!
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

bigdamndm1986

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <04-10-12/1116:18> »
from what i have heard it is going to be a redo of the first edition with all the new rules that have been put in place with the 4th. i am looking forward to seeing maria, captains, and the others being brought back.
geek the mage first

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #38 on: <04-12-12/0429:28> »
So... Any solid data on this? Or are we going to go with hearsay? And is it just going to be 1st ED, and what were the major differences between 1st and 2nd?
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #39 on: <04-12-12/0456:09> »
Between 1st nd 2nd was barely any difference i think.
Basically like Beta and Gold Release, if i remember correctly.

Also, the RULES will STAY 4th.
Only the TIMELINE gets put 25 years back.

So, say good bye to all that fancy gear you got accustomed to min/maxing with . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #40 on: <04-12-12/0817:33> »
I'm also betting that you better get ready to have a hole laser-drilled in your skull if you want to access the Matrix.  No 'Trode Nets/Nanotrodes for you!  ;D

THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

Git off mah lawn.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <04-12-12/0907:23> »
So... Any solid data on this? Or are we going to go with hearsay? And is it just going to be 1st ED, and what were the major differences between 1st and 2nd?

The blurb on the Shadowrun 4 website is pretty clear.
Chrome eyes. Computers called “decks.” Big cyberlimbs and bigger guns. It’s Shadowrun in the year it all started. Take a step back to Shadowrun’s roots with Shadowrun 2050, a book that combines Twentieth Anniversary Edition rules—the smoothest, most accessible rule set Shadowrun has ever had—with the setting that first made the Sixth World a legend.

Shadowrun 2050 has everything players and gamemasters need to dive into the grimy beauty that kicked off one of the greatest roleplaying settings of all times. With information on how to adapt Twentieth Anniversary Edition Matrix, gear, and magic rules for the 2050 setting, as well as in-universe information about the powers of the world, what shadowrunners will be up to, and who they’ll be running into, Shadowrun 2050 puts a new twist on the classic setting.

Captain Chaos. Maria Mercurial. The Laughing Man. Dirk Montgomery. JetBlack. Hatchetman. Nightfire. And the Shadowland poster who just called himself The Big ‘D’. These people and many others are waiting for you in the year that started it all, a setting brought back to life with new, full-color artwork showing the chrome, dirt, neon, and darkness that was in the heart of Shadowrun when it started and remains at its core today.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #42 on: <04-12-12/1000:29> »
Here's a question. Any chance of getting some new Laubenstein art in the book? ;D

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <04-12-12/1041:07> »
Maybe. He's done pieces in the last couple of books.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #44 on: <04-12-12/1045:17> »
And some of us are actively petitioning the AD for some. He seems to like the idea, so maybe....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator