NEWS

Addiction: Killing

• 19 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <03-29-12/1708:19> »
You may also consider adding Signature to the qualities, as well, since most serial killers have some specific thing they do at their crime scenes.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #16 on: <03-29-12/1737:56> »
You may also consider adding Signature to the qualities, as well, since most serial killers have some specific thing they do at their crime scenes.

Thing with that is he'll only be able to take Outspoken (Threshold 1) for his victim of choice, due to the -35 BP cap. Might be a good thing, though, since by RAW he'd have the compulsion to stalk and murder the next member of his target group he sees as soon as he finishes with one of them.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #17 on: <03-30-12/0241:50> »
So, Compulsive and prejudice against victim type. I can deal with that. Since the compulsive quality describes hacking max security nodes as 15, i'll go with 15.
Well, the equivalent to hacking max security nodes would be a killing urge towards high ranking corporation execs - not just some bum on the street. Just something to think about...

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #18 on: <03-30-12/0332:43> »
So, Compulsive and prejudice against victim type. I can deal with that. Since the compulsive quality describes hacking max security nodes as 15, i'll go with 15.
Well, the equivalent to hacking max security nodes would be a killing urge towards high ranking corporation execs - not just some bum on the street. Just something to think about...

Not really, considering any run to assassinate a corporate exec would likely involve hacking several heavily fortified nodes, full of potentially deadly Black IC. There's not anything close to a 1:1 translation of risk factor.

Since ritualized selection, stalking and murder is something that will get you potentially shot dead should your victim be able to get any form of help, or end with the cops tracking you down later, much the same way that Black IC off a max security node can fry your brain if the Agents notice you or the Spider can follow your trail and send a Corporate hit squad after you later, any victim that fits the profile should be quite enough.
« Last Edit: <03-30-12/0359:46> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #19 on: <03-30-12/1853:52> »
Serial killers rarely break MO in target choice, but that doesnt mean they dont know to go after easier targets.

Kinda makes me wanna build a deadly and unpredictable midget serial arsonist.