Shadowrun General > General Discussion

The Flesh Form Hacker

(1/4) > >>

Red:
From what I've read, it seems that spirits cannot see AR or VR worlds. But a flesh-form may have the capacity to retain cybernetics, including DNI implants. Does this mean that a bug spirit with a human host should still be able to hack? Especially if the merge is very good and the bug has inherited the memories and skills of their host, is there any reason an Ant or Termite couldn't ply their predatory trade online, or benefit from a smartlink?

Irian:
I would say yes, as long as the spirit has any interest in doing so:

--- Quote from: Street Magic, p. 100 ---flesh form spirit [..]  has [..] any of the vessel’s natural and augmented abilities
--- End quote ---

KarmaInferno:
What happens if he tries to astrally perceive while in VR?

Does his head explode?

...I'm designing a possession Ally spirit. I wonder if I could have it inhabit a cyborg clone brain and run a drone body?

-k

Lethe:
Just like other sensory input (ie vision) it will fade and be replaced by astral perception. A vessel in VR will still be online and vulnerable through IC though.

Any ally spirit can have the inhabitation power, don't need to be from a possession tradition.

A spirit possessing a living vessel can't use DNI, a spirit inhabiting it can.
A spirit possessing an object can only use mechanical functions, but there are no appropriate rules for spirits inhabiting an object.

The closest to it, is about the vessel preparation, which is required for inhabitation. Complex mechanical objects might need multiple enchantment tests for the parts as well as appropriate skills for (dis-)assembling them. For even more complex electronic objects, i would simply rule, not possible. Also since the inhabiting test with objects is not opposed but vs. a threshold, the object can't really get net hits. So no flesh form possible. But if you have a nice GM, he might give you the possibility none the less.

Irian:
It's even worse, as the spirit is dual-natured, so it can perceive the normal world (probably via his host's eyes - or in this case, his brain, connected to the matrix) and the astral world at the same time, probably making it able to perceive VR and astral space toegether... :-) As inhabition and flesh form spirits are meant to be pretty good disguises, it would seriously weaken them not to be able to imitate their host's ability to do his job in the matrix, so it makes sense.... but brings new problem...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version