Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Bug Spirit Gestation

(1/2) > >>

Red:
I can't seem to find the exact ruling on this, but just how long does it take from being cocooned and Inhabited to hatching as whatever you come out as? Are the times different by species? (I'm guessing that one is a GM ruling)

Further, the determination regarding the type of merge you get is related to a willpower roll. Would keeping the subject doped on drugs or using mental Manipulation magic allow for perfect merges all the time? Judging from the indoctrination the UB once used, it seems basic brainwashing is entirely effective, so I'm just curious if a crash-course is a viable option for an insect shaman.

Irian:

--- Quote from: Street Magic, p. 101 ---The process of inhabitation takes a number of days equal to the spirit’s Force.
--- End quote ---

Red:
Perfection! How about the other parts, then? Does chemical or magical coercion make a viable method of producing better merges?

Irian:
Nothing in RAW seems to forbid this, so you could try to increase the attributes of the victim, yes. I would say, that you would have to do so the whole time, not only in the last minutes. Perhaps one could also assume, that this has certain risks, but that would be a house rule.

Red:
My thoughts exactly. Scary thought, to find a bug shaman with medical training, running a black clinic changing homeless folks or the like in the basement, keeping them wired through the cocoon to chems. It certainly would match up with the evolutions and developments they seem to be getting of late (FAB resistance, etc).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version