NEWS

[IC] War in heavens - A ghost in the Operahouse

• 84 Replies

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #60 on: <08-15-12/2115:31> »
"Not at all." Says Alex. "The thing is that the spirits which stolen Kobal's necklace have descended to this plane for a reason. It's possible that they may have a metahuman interceptor, which is carrying the relic."

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #61 on: <08-16-12/0924:45> »
"Hm, it's a possibility. But if they've done so, you've no way to recognise this metahuman unless he's foolish or suicidal enough to wear a relic which is being hunted down by demons, visibly around his neck. Despite their inherent feeble bodies and short lifespan, many of them do seem very afraid of death."

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <08-16-12/1208:40> »
"One thing you may be not perceiving, Cinder, is that this feeble metahuman beings are an impressionable lot. Having that kind of Relic under their visage would make a lasting effect on their psyche. That's something that they would carry on thinking of.

And this psychic imprinting, my friend, is the kind of thing we can search for."

Alex haven't even finished his words, when he cast, once again, his Area Thought Recognition Spell. He sustain it and keeps aware for any passing impression of the word relic, necklace or the image of the thing itself. Afterwards, he will take a walk  next to the people which just ended the rehearsal, as if contemplating them.

Quote from: Casting Area Though Recognition Spell at Force 4
5 (Magic) + 5 (Spellcasting) - 1 (Wounds) - 1 (Background Count) = 8 dice = 4 hits, no glitch
It's modified force (due to the Backgroung Count is 3, so it's range is 3 (Force) x 4 (modified Magic) = 12 meters
Drain 5(4+1)/2+2 = 4 DV (Stun)
Resisting Drain = 4 (Willpower) + 5 (Charisma) = 9 dice = 3 hits, no glitch
Alex takes one Stun Damage

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #63 on: <08-16-12/1403:39> »
As you move into the dispersing crowd you are understandably looked upon. Fortunatelly presence of the Procel's vessel calms all the doubts and fears.

For one thing you detect, that even taking the angelic footprint on this building into account, the spell is revealing much less than it should be, which even for less bright spirit would mean that there is a counterspelling in progress, but you can't pinpoint who is responsible for it.

Quote from: ooc
there is a CounterSpelling of 4 in progress
Visibility modifer 1 and average willpower of 4 (it takes some will to practice long hours) gives 2 hits on spell resist, which means that you still scan most of the people around for the thought.

the spells detects individuals, that do think about the necklace or relic, but do not differ from those that resisted and those that do not think...

all that in and ...

You detect an older black man that do think about the necklace. he has grey hair, and moves slowly. He is wearing a bluish coverall, buttoned to the top, and a belt with tools. He has an RFID card carried around his neck, that claims: "John Samuels, Props". As people gather out, he is one of the few that isn't in hurry, and instead gather the chairs and sets them straight, and gather the loosely placed things used by actors during the performance (specifically this is a standard of the liberating army carried by the hero in the battle scene). 

make an astral perception roll if you switch perceptions.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <08-16-12/1452:29> »
Alex use a sign to indicate the old man to the other two. He takes it's time to observe him, looking more than just the man seeming, but piercing his soul.

Quote from: Assensing Test
4 (Intuition) + 4 (Assensing) + 2 (Perceptive) - 1 (Wound modifier) = 9 dice = 3 hits, no glitch
Ouch, forgot about the visibility modifier... Well, even dropping last dice, result are still the same.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <08-16-12/1649:42> »
There is +3 for observe in details, and -1 for visibility, I'll roll the two missing dices for you.2d6.hits(5)=1 additional 1 hit, total 4

You see that beneath the pleasant smile, John Samuels, is eaten by lustful thoughts, you can see him eyeing the female members of the cast - specialy the young sopranist and by the same token he is throwing a vengeful casts upon an older men who accompanies her.

other info:
John Samuels is mundane, you'll recognize his aura in the future.
There are no spell signatures present on his aura.
He has no cyber- or bioware implants that you can see
He is under effect of alcohol (albeit small amounts)
He has Essence of 6

Denver Missions
running 13

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <08-16-12/1744:49> »
A wide grin appear on the "troll" face as Alex felt the urge to sin tugging the man soul.

Ah, metahumanity, you are trully a blessing to behold! The vice, the pleasure you feel when given up to your own weakness and decrepitude; and still you feel guilty! The smell of lust, the taste of wrath, the touch of envy... There's just one thing which can feel better than observe and savor these small moments, when the fleshy ones are being so alive.

Intensifying them. Pulling them further.

Alex was already hooked, and with a predator face, he turns to Cinder and Procel. "Well, it's a work for Kobal, I should as well enjoy it and have some fun."

Then the well-clad troll strolls towards his targets. "Good evening, sir. May I have a word with you?"

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <08-17-12/0759:36> »
"You've strange ideas about enjoyment.", Cinder commented while looking for something easy to possess and outside of sight and reach for most people.
Quote from: OOC
Assensing (Astral Signatures) (7d6.hits(5)=4)
2 hits astral perception, 4 hits for astral signatures.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <08-17-12/1448:20> »
Then the well-clad troll strolls towards his targets. "Good evening, sir. May I have a word with you?"

Yes? there is a shadow of doubt in his voice.

quite honestly I don't know who do you mean by targets, but the reply should be valid regardless

Denver Missions
running 13

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <08-17-12/1503:23> »
quite honestly I don't know who do you mean by targets, but the reply should be valid regardless

Quote from: OOC
Being completely honest, I believe I'm playing so many games (and English is not my native language) that I started to mistake the terms I'm using in one for the ones I'm using in others. My intent was to mean the "old black man".

The troll voice is quite strong, but he keeps it low and polite. Even then, it clearly shows that he speaks from a point of authority to a servant. "Pardon my intromission..." - he takes a little while, as if reading his ID RFID Card - "Mr. Samuels... Would you mind if I call you John? I'm Steven Knickerbocker, stealth art critic and headhunter, but you may call me Steve."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <08-17-12/1656:18> »
Yes? How can I help you ... Steve.
The older black man can't help but must look upward at the giant troll body.

Denver Missions
running 13

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <08-18-12/1847:56> »
"John, you know what is the most important ingredient on an Opera? There are a lot of important things on it: technique, aesthetics, vocal control, good writing... All of these helps on it's building. But they alone can't really do them. There's one thing, and one thing alone that build up the show, and that thing is passion."

The troll sighs.

"I've been watching the rehearsal, and I've seem that these guys have all the former elements I've said before. But they lack that special and fundamental one which is truly important. It would be a pity to see all that effort bearing no fruits, but hope made my eyes perceptive, and I saw your visage, John. I saw how you looked at that couple, and I can read your fiery passion: you, John, can save this spectacle."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <08-20-12/0631:18> »
Uhm.... I am affraid I don't understand... Steve.  John seems to be really uncomfortable now, and takes a step backward.

From the height of the stage ceiling, Cinder observes as the violinist and singer enter one of the rooms. By the way he notices, a light technician operating the spotlight. it seems that the mechanism used to remotely move it has glitched, and he had to climb upward, almost 15 meters to repair it manually.

Denver Missions
running 13

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <08-20-12/1720:46> »
Gravity, another one of the many forces these pitiful creatures have to suffer.
Evolution is a strange thing, having allowed creatures so unfit to deal with the hazards of their own environment, to make it to the top of the food chain.

Cinder let its essence flow into one of the searchlights above, picking one that wouldn't be likely to be spotted, hidden from sight by the blinding light it and the lights next to it shone into the eyes of anyone looking in its direction.
The spirit didn't need to exercise much effort, it took only a small fraction of its power to affect this world's probability. It didn't know much about the way humans behaved, but a person plummeting towards death would probably cause disturbance to its mission.
Luck and coincidence, it finished its thoughts. That's how humans got to where they are. Another time or other circumstances, probability could've taken this man's life, with out without the help of beings such as myself.

[OOC: Possession roll (accidentally rolled twice but no matter, both rolls are the same: Possession (10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=4)
Using the Guard power on Cinder, Alex and on the poor guy high above so he doesn't fall. (Guard is something I want to sustain on Cinder & Alex pretty much all the time... guess I didn't mention that before.)
If you want an infiltration roll or something to see how good Cinder's at coming up with a hiding place, lemme know.
]

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <08-20-12/1821:02> »
The troll face becomes even more amiable, and almost as if joking he says: "John, don't you worry. Look, what I'm saying is that people will come to see a firelight, but these guys, despite their best effort, can't provide more than some matchsticks. But you can help to light that fire, and make it into starlight! In fact, it has nothing to do with the play itself, the actor just need to be more alive. Have you seem that couple? It's almost bureaucratic the way they look and talk at each other! Have you seem the cello player? He uses his instrument as an instrument, not as an extension of his soul! And I trust you can awaken their souls back, John. You are a part of this. Won't you help this opera to have the grandiosity it deserves?"

Register