NEWS

[IC] War in heavens - A ghost in the Operahouse

• 84 Replies

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #45 on: <07-29-12/0650:56> »
As you enter the left corridor, the elevator takes you to the third floor to the backstage area. On the way you pickup from the information desk an information leaftlet describing the building layout. It's a holographic model, that works without matrix connection, and hence without neccessity of an AR display. Opearhouse tries to comfort those that enjoy the music in it's natural form.

Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <07-29-12/0725:23> »
Past the initial gate there is no additional security (there are cameras of course, but they are discreet, there is no guards). As you move through the corridors, the spell do not detect presence of any spirits nor artifacts within direct vicinity it does cover backstage, stage and most of the auditorium. As you assensse the ranges, you'd probably would need to visit the offices and restaurant parts to be sure, they resisted the spell.

The rehearsal is in progress with multiple metahumans in the choirs, orchestra, props, dressers. You can single out solists, lead instruments, conductor, lead technicians. The solits are all awakened, most of the others have some kind of chrome. Natural or not to apply for the leading positions or even the best Operahouse in Seattle they need one kind of edge or another. The general emotion background is that of expectation, the day is coming so nervousness is also present and among the hundred or so people the conflicts flare occasionaly over wrong tune, wrong light, wrong turn in the move. again and again some parts are repeated without visible connection between them - the conductor is trying the most difficult part it seems. 

As the day is coming to the end, so is the rehearsal soon ending. You stay in backstage corner, hidden from view.

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <07-31-12/0916:45> »
As you standing in the pool of darkness, behind the corner of the backstage area you hear a theatrical whispering Ukhm... as calmly as you can you turn to see ... nobody.

Switching quickly to the astral view, you see Kobal in a white t-shirt claiming "Mr. Nobody".

Quote from: ooc
There is a distinct lack of sensation from your magic detection spell

He is holding two boxes in yellow paper roped with a red ribbon drapped into elaborated bow.
I was watching you, you don't look to confident. You're sure you can do this? I thought you might need some help, so I brought you presents. He leave them and disaappear.

Denver Missions
running 13

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #48 on: <07-31-12/1256:00> »
Alex keeps his spirits up enough to smile when Kobal shows up (in fact, is more like he interprets trying to hold back a laughter). Before going in for the boxes, he mentions to Procel (thought spirit communication): "You know what? When Kobal himself shows up, without a blatant joke spurting out of nowhere, I would be very cautious about the boxes. Guess by 'not looking confident' he meant we should be enjoying the ride a little bit more, and moving our astral arses a lotta bit more."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <08-08-12/0458:22> »
One of the boxes, stirs with boredom...

Denver Missions
running 13

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <08-08-12/2055:41> »
Using his emotion-atuned astral senses, Alex sympathize and feels deeply sorry for the tired box filled with tedium. Then he realizes boxes shouldn't be feeling nothing at all, and asks himself if he is not projecting his feelings over objects.

Nope, the box is still pretty much bored.

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <08-10-12/1349:26> »
Alex waits a little, being very cautious about the contents in Kobal's boxes. Then he remembers that his current box may be a little bit weird, but he wants the job done, so even if there's something harmful (or, wrose yet... something annoying) in the boxes, it should be debilitating...

The fallen angel approach "Kobal gifts", while talking to Procel: "Well, guess we are in for the ride, anyway." and open it, revealing it's contents.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #52 on: <08-14-12/0801:58> »
In the flesh world, the box seemed to only contain a small lump of charcoal. On the astral plane, however, the aura of a spirit poured out of to box. Rapidly growing to normal size, its pattern swirling wildly, barely contained anger flaring around him like flames.
"Well, that sure took long enough! I'm a soldier, a warrior! Not some toy Kobal can use for foolish jokes and amusement."
The spirit turned towards the one who released him. "You must be Alex. I've been sent to assist you."
« Last Edit: <08-14-12/0804:53> by Xzylvador »

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <08-14-12/1004:04> »
As the first box opens, the second explodes with a modifed Knockout spell. The modification included aura distortion turning it into smurfish blue. Luckily, nobody was near as Procel was lost in thoughts and didn't approached toward his box.

Quote from: ooc
The rehearsal ends, people starts to gather their instruments and stuff. What do you do?

Denver Missions
running 13

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <08-14-12/1407:52> »
Alex nods at the sudden appearance of warrior spirit... he almost correct him saying that Kobal can turn everything into instruments for his jokes, but he decides not to mess with the pride of the firey appearance.

"That's great news! Indeed, I'm Alex. Is there any title you'd rather be called?"

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <08-14-12/1518:14> »
The spirit seemed to think on an answer for a few seconds. "Hm. There's a witch on this world... She decided to call me Cinder. I suppose it's as appropriate as any other name."
It looked at the lingering astral signature of the knockout spell and shook its head.
"Care to give me an update? Have you found anything thus far?"

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <08-14-12/1535:06> »
"Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I trust Kobal gave you the same briefing as he did for us, about our mission and it's executation parameters. So far, what we accomplished was to be delayed by a messy encounter with a fanatic outside - which seems to have nothing to do with our current endeavor, just a fragile mind with the wrong ideas about demons and the end of the world as he knows it -, and then we came inside to investigate. Procel here has been trying to locate the burglars, but until the present moment, we were not so lucky. Everything else seems quite normal, which means we still don't know a thing."

The fallen angel thinks for a brief moment: "Maybe it's time for us to change our approach. I don't know if Procel has tried digging any information on the data storage apparatus of the man he is 'wearing'... Well, I couldn't detect any thought in him about the things we are looking for, but he is one of the managers here - a low-key one, but maybe we could use his seeming to approach a more knowledgeable source."

With a sudden change of voice tone, Alex questions: "Cinder, can you walk around the Sphere of Flesh in a... discrete presentation? Or do you prefer to remain on the Astral Realm?"

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <08-14-12/1650:33> »
"Discrete? As if we should worry the puny beings native to this plane recognize us for who and what we are? I will not hide or deny my true, superior, nature.", Cinder answered, sounding almost insulted.
"Regardless, I much prefer this world's Astral form over its fleshy one. Polluted it may be, it's a lot less... humid.", it spit out the last word as if it were a curse.

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <08-14-12/1717:49> »
"Calm down, calm down. Walking around in disguise is not a sign of dimness or shame; fooling the Flesh Beings is one of our parts on the design of things. But do as you please... So far, being on the immaterial side of the veil will not be a problem."

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <08-15-12/1743:42> »
Cinder pulled at the mental string that connected his blades to his being. When only one of his magical weapons appeared in his hands, his annoyance caused his aura to slightly darken.
"Are you somehow... tied, to this material appearance? If Kobal said our quarry retreated to this building, why do you waste time walking through hallways and opening doors when we could be traveling a thousand times faster and avoid these pointless material obstacles?"

Register